The Animal
    The Animal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

How common is it to have bets reviewed and reduced?

I was betting in a future market and found a line I liked and bet 450 at +125. Instead of immediately going through, it stalled for maybe a minute with a message saying that it was being reviewed. After the delay, they said 200 dollars was going through.

I'm sure they would've been in their legal rights to reject it entirely as they moved the line to -125 right after, but I am just wondering if this is a common occurrence.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Very common.

If the +125 was a stale line compared to the market, giving you almost 50% stake on it would actually seem pretty good to some people.

Or if they simply moved from +125 to -125 based on your bet alone, I'd guess you are betting a fairly small league and are probably pretty good at that league?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

what was the line for?

The Animal

It was Dallas in the SW division in the NBA. I had bet over 400 dollars on the same line within the previous hour. These are big numbers in my sportsbetting career, but I assumed they were small potatoes for the book. I guess NBA division markets are pretty small, especially in the legalized Iowa sports betting market.

I don't know if I'm good, but I'm a big NBA fan and don't follow other sports closely.

jazzmonkey
    jazzmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1182

Bookies are just desperate to deny anyone who remotely looks like they might be placing a good bet whilst at the same time throwing money at those who consistently make bad bets. It's like a bar denying a casual, controlled drinker from entry whilst giving free drinks to alcoholics
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Shifty

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal View Post
    It was Dallas in the SW division in the NBA. I had bet over 400 dollars on the same line within the previous hour. These are big numbers in my sportsbetting career, but I assumed they were small potatoes for the book. I guess NBA division markets are pretty small, especially in the legalized Iowa sports betting market.

I don't know if I'm good, but I'm a big NBA fan and don't follow other sports closely.
    might have answered your own inquiry. small Iowa sports book might not want that much exposure on a futures bet like that.

do they post what their limits are on futures?

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

Pointsbet. One of the worst out there. Keep taking good numbers and every bet you make will be subject to approval.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Pointsbet. One of the worst out there. Keep taking good numbers and every bet you make will be subject to approval.
    Australian company.

Down here I can barely make a $50+ bet at any book without it going for trader approval. Maybe it's coming from that regional attitude. My bets do get approved 98% of the time though.

The Animal

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    might have answered your own inquiry. small Iowa sports book might not want that much exposure on a futures bet like that.

do they post what their limits are on futures?
    I never saw any limits posted anywhere.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal View Post
    I never saw any limits posted anywhere.
    surprised they don't have a page with their rules/limits

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Yup.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    surprised they don't have a page with their rules/limits
    None of the Illinois books post max limits anywhere as far as I can tell.

reallyhardtowin
    reallyhardtowin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

maybe the analogy is backwards as the bar would be out of business....don't let in the whale/alcoholic but let the guy (small wager) in that is only going to have o=1-2 drinks...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmonkey View Post
    Bookies are just desperate to deny anyone who remotely looks like they might be placing a good bet whilst at the same time throwing money at those who consistently make bad bets. It's like a bar denying a casual, controlled drinker from entry whilst giving free drinks to alcoholics

od120731
    od120731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2093

I believe it's really common on live bets in small markets virtually everywhere

Spencerho
    MyBookie Is A Scam
    Spencerho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170