milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**betonline/sbag cancelling live bets again

they are pretty much the only major book that does this

how can you have someone on a timer, with 100 max, and then just randomly cancel the bet THAT WAS MADE AT FAIR ODDS after they make a huge run? jeez

milwaukee mike

4 live bets tonight

3 lost and the one that would've won got cancelled

weeminer
    weeminer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

I haven't had this happen to me yet and I mostly bet live basketball. They do change the line against me on like 75% of the time, and I only bet during timeouts.

When do they cancel the bet? After the game typically or during?

Bfost1
    Update your status
    Bfost1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

I was considering opening an account there recently as it seems most guys on here are quite positive towards them.

Is this something they do regularly? Cancelling all my winning live bets while accepting my live losses would be an infuriating practice.

HomeRun35
    HomeRun35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Quote Originally Posted by Bfost1 View Post
    I was considering opening an account there recently as it seems most guys on here are quite positive towards them.

Is this something they do regularly? Cancelling all my winning live bets while accepting my live losses would be an infuriating practice.
    No it's something they never do(Edit: on a non-mistake line). The OP has been limited to $100 max and on a ridiculous timer before the bet is accepted which only happens at BetOnline when you bet stale lines or betting after events have happened in the game but before the book could move the line in response to the event.

What he likely means by "canceled" is he tried to place a bet and in the delay he has on his account, the team he bet on went on a run and the line changed before it was accepted. That's not a cancelled bet. It was never accepted in the first place(New Edit: MY ASSUMPTION WAS INCORRECT). If OP didn't regularly bet stale lines, he'd have the 3-5 second timer that the rest of us have and wouldn't run into this issue

BetOnline is a 10/10 book
    Last edited by HomeRun35; 02-17-21 at 07:52 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Bfost1 gave HomeRun35 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

weeminer
    weeminer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

^^ would make sense with my experience as well.

BO has been great, though them moving the line against me by a point over half the time is a bit annoying, but not anything unfair.

Bfost1
    Update your status
    Bfost1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Thanks guys appreciate the info

kakad
    Update your status
    kakad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6924

I've had 2 live bets cancelled at BOL. I'm not on an extended timer. The bets were accepted, but then within 5 minutes, they were removed from my pending bets and marked as cancelled in my graded wagers. I think both were NBA totals.

HomeRun35

Quote Originally Posted by kakad View Post
    I've had 2 live bets cancelled at BOL. I'm not on an extended timer. The bets were accepted, but then within 5 minutes, they were removed from my pending bets and marked as cancelled in my graded wagers. I think both were NBA totals.
    These must've been mistake lines?

kakad
    Update your status
    kakad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6924

They weren't mistake lines per se. They might've been a tad stale -- literally 1 point at most -- but I've bet lines that were further off and not had them cancelled so I don't know. I try to purposely refresh the game/page to make sure I have the most up to date line to avoid cancellation issues.
    Last edited by kakad; 02-17-21 at 06:06 PM.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by HomeRun35 View Post
    No it's something they never do(Edit: on a non-mistake line). The OP has been limited to $100 max and on a ridiculous timer before the bet is accepted which only happens at BetOnline when you bet stale lines or betting after events have happened in the game but before the book could move the line in response to the event.

What he likely means by "canceled" is he tried to place a bet and in the delay he has on his account, the team he bet on went on a run and the line changed before it was accepted. That's not a cancelled bet. It was never accepted in the first place. If OP didn't regularly bet stale lines, he'd have the 3-5 second timer that the rest of us have and wouldn't run into this issue

BetOnline is a 10/10 book
    i know the difference between a bet not being accepted and a bet that gets cancelled 10 minutes later when the team is up 15 instead of up 6... the line was -400 at sbag and -423 at jazz at the time i bet it, if that's the definition of a stale or bad line at an A+ book then how can anyone make a bet with any confidence whatsoever that it won't be cancelled.

Feb 16, 2021 08:28 PM DGS - RBL $400.00 $100.00 Cancelled PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS at OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER Moneyline BLAZERS

HomeRun35

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i know the difference between a bet not being accepted and a bet that gets cancelled 10 minutes later when the team is up 15 instead of up 6... the line was -400 at sbag and -423 at jazz at the time i bet it, if that's the definition of a stale or bad line at an A+ book then how can anyone make a bet with any confidence whatsoever that it won't be cancelled.

Feb 16, 2021 08:28 PM DGS - RBL $400.00 $100.00 Cancelled PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS at OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER Moneyline BLAZERS
    I assume this was in the first quarter when they went up 6. If so, then -400 for a 6 point lead for a 5.5 pt favorite in the first quarter is definitely not a mistake line. But it was almost surely a stale line for them to cancel it, right? It could've been stale in a few different ways that I see pop up on their site:

A. Score is up to date on live betting interface(Blazers up 6) but they still have not moved their lines from the previous score(say Blazers up 4) and you bet the ML as it stood at up 4.
    B. Score is up to date, and the spread has properly updated, but the ML has not. Example: Blazers up 8-4 shows -7.5 and -400. Live interface updates to 10-4, spread updates to -8.5, but ML is still -400 and could sit there for quite a bit despite it being stale and the system eventually will update the ML to match the new -8.5 spread(call it -480 for example's sake)

That's my guess. I bet alot of live basketball there and have never had a bet canceled. I am pretty careful to avoid betting those stale situations but am also not limited like you are on bet amount or timer. I've probably hit a stale line or two, as have others in this thread, and it's possible that they overlook it on accounts that haven't tried to angle them on live betting. Whereas your account is under the microscope when it comes to live and they'll nail you every time you hit a stale line, even if it's not a mistake line.
    Last edited by HomeRun35; 02-17-21 at 07:50 PM.

milwaukee mike

I assume this was in the first quarter when they went up 6. If so, then -400 for a 6 point lead for a 5.5 pt favorite in the first quarter is definitely not a mistake line. But it was almost surely a stale line for them to cancel it, right? It could've been stale in a few different ways that I see pop up on their site:

A. Score is up to date on live betting interface(Blazers up 6) but they still have not moved their lines from the previous score(say Blazers up 4) and you bet the ML as it stood at up 4.
    B. Score is up to date, and the spread has properly updated, but the ML has not. Example: Blazers up 8-4 shows -7.5 and -400. Live interface updates to 10-4, spread updates to -8.5, but ML is still -400 and could sit there for quite a bit despite it being stale and the system eventually will update the ML to match the new -8.5 spread(call it -480 for example's sake)

That's my guess. I bet alot of live basketball there and have never had a bet canceled. I am pretty careful to avoid betting those stale situations but am also not limited like you are on bet amount or timer. I've probably hit a stale line or two, as have others in this thread, and it's possible that they overlook it on accounts that haven't tried to angle them on live betting. Whereas your account is under the microscope when it comes to live and they'll nail you every time you hit a stale line, even if it's not a mistake line.
    they don't nail me on every line that could be considered stale, it's happened very rarely, but even once is too much

if their line hasn't updated it's not my fault or my problem... if i buy a pair of shoes for 400 the store doesn't call me back the next day and make me bring them back because they saw someone else sell them for 423

HomeRun35

but even once is too much
    For non-mistake lines, I agree.

if their line hasn't updated it's not my fault or my problem... if i buy a pair of shoes for 400 the store doesn't call me back the next day and make me bring them back because they saw someone else sell them for 423
    How is it possible you've spent 14 years on this forum and this is your attitude? That's not how it works and that's why you're limited to $100 and with an extra timer

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

With the delay you say you have. kind of hard to justify calling stale line or past post later. Did you ask them the reason?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    With the delay you say you have. kind of hard to justify calling stale line or past post later. Did you ask them the reason?
    i would rather have 100 or even 1,000 taken from me than have to talk to their customer service

HomeRun35

This is definitely shitty on BOL's part but I occasionally see them leave obviously stale lines up for at least 30 seconds so there's a scenario where you can catch one even with a big delay.

Would be nice to see OP follow up on this with them. BOL shouldn't be getting away with cancelling non-mistake lines

milwaukee mike

This is definitely shitty on BOL's part but I occasionally see them leave obviously stale lines up for at least 30 seconds so there's a scenario where you can catch one even with a big delay.

Would be nice to see OP follow up on this with them. BOL shouldn't be getting away with cancelling non-mistake lines
    yeah we're on the same page

i like bol/sbag but this is one thing they take the low road on, if it went from -400 to +400 instead of to -2000 after a few minutes they never would've cancelled it

i'm guessing it stayed frozen or got stale sometime after i bet it, and they just cancelled everything within 5 minutes of that because they were caught on the wrong side

but like others have said, there are times you can bet a -400 that is -800 elsewhere and they won't do anything, it's just random which bets they decide to cancel

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

yeah we're on the same page

i like bol/sbag but this is one thing they take the low road on, if it went from -400 to +400 instead of to -2000 after a few minutes they never would've cancelled it

i'm guessing it stayed frozen or got stale sometime after i bet it, and they just cancelled everything within 5 minutes of that because they were caught on the wrong side

but like others have said, there are times you can bet a -400 that is -800 elsewhere and they won't do anything, it's just random which bets they decide to cancel
    they see a hell of a lot of action, they probably just catch some and others get through because of the volume.
    I'm right with you about talking to their CS. For such a great book they have some laughably horrible CS reps.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    they see a hell of a lot of action, they probably just catch some and others get through because of the volume.
    I'm right with you about talking to their CS. For such a great book they have some laughably horrible CS reps.
    other than bovada and 1 bet at bookmaker, i don't think i've ever had another book cancel a live bet

it's just too shady to cancel something in the middle of a game... it's pretty simple, unless it's something totally obvious like a flipped line (+400 instead of -400) there should never be a situation where a live bet gets cancelled

it's certainly not our fault if a line didn't move after a score, there's really no way of a gambler even knowing that since the tv feeds are so delayed from the live betting... and with the timer they could've scored after i placed the bet but while my bet is being accepted

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

4 live bets tonight

3 lost and the one that would've won got cancelled

other than bovada and 1 bet at bookmaker, i don't think i've ever had another book cancel a live bet

it's just too shady to cancel something in the middle of a game... it's pretty simple, unless it's something totally obvious like a flipped line (+400 instead of -400) there should never be a situation where a live bet gets cancelled

it's certainly not our fault if a line didn't move after a score, there's really no way of a gambler even knowing that since the tv feeds are so delayed from the live betting... and with the timer they could've scored after i placed the bet but while my bet is being accepted
    These places offer live betting now because so many people want it these days. But these problems (cancelling winners) are rampant. Like you said, you made 4 live bets and they only cancelled the winner! While the three bets that lost, there was mysteriously nothing wrong with those and they DIDN'T get cancelled! LOL People crave this live betting, so they offer it! But they do have it in the rules about these "bad/stale line" cancellations! I guess all I wish is that they'd make the rules less vague and just say: "You people want this live betting, so we will give it to you, but be aware, we are going to shank the hell out of you half the time on your winners while we will never cancel any of your losers!" Then peopled would flat out know it, and they could decide to either accept it, or stay away from this live betting craze.

milwaukee mike

here we go again

i made no live bets yesterday, today i make one and it gets cancelled

what is sbr's position on A+ books accepting bets, only to cancel them once they think they are on the wrong side?

Feb 20, 2021 12:59 PM DGS - RBL $190.00 $100.00 Cancelled LA SALLE at SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS Moneyline LA SALLE

ace7550

here we go again

what is sbr's position on A+ books accepting bets, only to cancel them once they think they are on the wrong side?

Feb 20, 2021 12:59 PM DGS - RBL $190.00 $100.00 Cancelled LA SALLE at SAINT JOSEPH'S HAWKS Moneyline LA SALLE
    They need to fix their software, not cancel bets. Have many bets have they canceled on you in the last week? Are there any examples of them canceling your live wagers when you would have lost?

HomeRun35

Should follow up with an SBR complaint on this one and get an answer from BOL

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    They need to fix their software, not cancel bets. Have many bets have they canceled on you in the last week? Are there any examples of them canceling your live wagers when you would have lost?
    exactly

this is 2 bets cancelled in the past week, and 0 bets cancelled in the past year before that, and i live bet pretty much every day

so something weird is going on... it's much harder to get a bet in now, and they are cancelling stuff

milwaukee mike

bet something at -190, moves to -290 and they cancel

so i rebet it at -290, it moves to pk so they leave it

HomeRun35

bet something at -190, moves to -290 and they cancel

so i rebet it at -290, it moves to pk so they leave it

Not defending BOL here but am I right in saying that those are two different situations? Looking at the box score, you probably made that -190 bet around 10:00 to 9:00 left in the first half when they went up 7(or 10). That -290 was almost surely when they were up 10(9:00) and the game didn't get tied up until 4 minutes left in the 1st half. One looks likely stale and the other not stale in your comparison to "pk" that wouldn't have happened until 5 game minutes later. Still not an excuse to cancel it

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7060

exactly

this is 2 bets cancelled in the past week, and 0 bets cancelled in the past year before that, and i live bet pretty much every day

so something weird is going on... it's much harder to get a bet in now, and they are cancelling stuff
    Fortunately haven't had any bets cancelled myself, but I have found it's much harder to get bets in since the beginning of the year. I've gone from betting an average of sixty $50 bets per day to maybe six.

milwaukee mike

they cancel a bet for a lousy $5 lolol

i bet this before the votes came in... wonder if they cancelled the other side too?

i think everyone would agree that it's bullshit to accept bets and then cancel them after they win

DGS - RBL $5.75 $5.00 Cancelled NBA ALL STAR SUNDAY [SKILLS 3POINT DUNK] NBA DUNK CONTEST WINNER ANFERNEE SIMONS

milwaukee mike

since 2/16 i have placed 18 live bets

6 wins
    9 losses
    3 cancelled (all of those would've won)

none of them bad lines... so instead of 9-9 i am 6-9

does anyone think that is acceptable for a A+ book?

Mr. NBA
    Mr. NBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6604

I do not bet live at bol...... for this very reason

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

here we go again

I don't think SBR could have a position on your assumed premise.

You need to ask them what their reason is for the cancel, and see if that explanation passes muster before anyone can possibly form a reasonable position on this. Including yourself.

ace7550

You need to ask them what their reason is for the cancel, and see if that explanation passes muster before anyone can possibly form a reasonable position on this. Including yourself.
    Agreed. First contact BOL and see what their reasoning is. If it's unacceptable then come here.
    I'd be annoyed too Mike. I know BOL's CS is atrocious. But that's still your first step.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

I'd put the obligation on the book to explain why they cancel wagers when cancelling them . A simple email/message whenever cancelling a wager with the precise reason would go a long way. It shouldnt be happening that often to be too much to expect. Shouldnt have to be requested by player and " bad line" should almost always need some form of backing up.

milwaukee mike

why should i waste my time? i already know what their answer is going to be, they are going to say the lines were frozen/stale

not sure how the player is supposed to know that...as i have said the tv feeds are really far behind the live line movements

"book the bet, pay the bet" was always sbr's stance unless it was an obvious error

12 Last