SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1425

Nitrogen - Strange Website Behaviour may cause issues?

Hi All,

Some here may be familiar with the unusual behaviour of the Nitrogen website.

For those who are not familiar: when you go to the Nitrogen website at https://nitrogensports.eu/ you are presented with two options:

"Create my anonymous account" and "Log in to existing account".

Nitrogen is a weird site because if **forces** you to create an "anonymous account" in order to even get into the website to look at their lines.

I could be wrong but I would imagine that 1000's upon 1000's of people have done just this when visiting the Nitrogen website for the first time - it's an automatic thing you do when you first visit their website. You want to see the lines so you click "create my anonymous account" and you have a look around.

Here is where the problems could start:

Imagine you go to the site and click the button "create anonymous account". You have a look around and then shut the browser and go about your day. No harm no foul.

A few weeks later you decide you want to actually bet with Nitrogen. You go back to the site. Click "create anonymous account" (you can't Log in to existing account" as you did not record the details when you did it a few weeks ago). This time you add your credentials, add 2FA, make a deposit and start betting there.

This would all seem ok and the person has done nothing wrong

HOWEVER - I have read posts on here and elsewhere where Nitrogen closes the funded account and **sometimes** takes the balance, accusing the person of multi-accounting. I have seen many people claim to have done exactly what I have described above - simply opening an anonymous account to check out the lines, forgetting about it, opening an account again years later, actually depositing and placing bets - and then all these years later Nitrogen accusing them of multi accounting.

Please remember that this only happens because Nitrogen **forces** you to open an anonymous account to see their lines. I ask you to go to the site and see this for yourself before making the usual comments of "You broke the rules by opening 2 accounts". I am a stickler for the rules myself. You MUST visit the website first and you will see what I mean.

But maybe Nitrogen actually understand that this is what people do when visiting their site. I have seen at least one poster here state they have "created anonymous account" 80 times from his mobile to check lines without logging on to his "real" account (2FA is a hassle) and this person has never been accused of multi accounting by Nitrogen.

I am just so surprised that Nitrogen **forces** you to create an account (with one click and having to add no more info of any kind) in order to look at their website and lines. Surely Nitrogen MUST be aware that this is what curious people will do. Surely this has happened 100,000 times before.

This leads me to suspect that the many posts I see here and elsewhere about Nitrogen accusing people of multi-accounting might have more to it than simply that the person "created anonymous account" to have a look around, never used it, 6 months or 5 years later created another account, added credentials, added 2FA and started betting with it.

My position is that I created a Nitrogen account recently, added credentials and 2FA, and have placed some small bets there. Then I recalled that maybe 1 or 2 years ago I investigated Nitrogen and in order to see those lines I think I most probably "created anonymous account" with one click and then just forgot about it. Having now read quite a few posts here and elsewhere about Nitrogen accusing people of multi accounting (and some of these posts describe exactly what I write above as the only possible infringement) I am now mildly concerned.

I would really value any comments readers might have about this issue, specifically:

1. If you have a funded account at Nitrogen, have you ever (before or since creating that account) hit the "create anonymous account" button to check out lines without having to log on?

2. If yes, has all been ok? Have you been able to withdraw without being accused of multi accounting?

The whole topic is very strange - but please visit the Nitrogen website and you will see what I mean.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2077

I have seen many people get affected by this, it has caused accounts to be frozen while a review was done, which was typically finished in 72 hours. Everyone got paid, but still a potential hassle for sure.

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1425

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    I have seen many people get affected by this, it has caused accounts to be frozen while a review was done, which was typically finished in 72 hours. Everyone got paid, but still a potential hassle for sure.
    Thanks for the response DD!

In addition to the original post above - there is a further potential issue here too: The two buttons on the website are about 5mm apart. So all it would take is one "misclick" where you accidentally click "Create my anonymous account" instead of the "Log in to existing account" button and voila! - - you have just created a new anonymous account. I have seen it stated elsewhere that there is "captcha" after you click "create anonymous account" that should prevent this misclick accident - but I do not recall captcha when I created my account recently.

The good news is that it looks like the worst case scenario is that your account is frozen while they review and then you get paid. This seems logical as if you have an unused, dormant account with no credentials and 2FA added - and never used - this could hardly be described as an attempt to defraud Nitrogen in any way. I am just concerned because that is exactly what some posters have described here and elsewhere. They have 1 or more such accounts and have been accused of multi accounting.

Overall it feels as if this is bad planning by Nitrogen. Just imagine all those unused "anonymous accounts" there must be out there due to misclicks and the scenario I describe in the original post above. This must create a lot of work for their security team. A better model would be to make it slightly more difficult than one simple click to "create anonymous account". They could also just make it possible to view lines on their website instead of forcing the user to click one of those 2 buttons in order to view their lines.
    Last edited by SportsBettor74; 02-09-21 at 01:17 PM.

kkirimov
    kkirimov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

kirimov

I have an account with Nitrogensports which I used for some time before my bets were settled completely illegally. I made several bets on a football match from the 3rd league of Latvia. The result of the match is 2-2 and this is visible on their official website. I sent them a link from this site with the result. Nitrogensports refused to initially recognize the result and canceled my bets (only the winners. My losing bet on Under 2.5 goals in the match is settled ). After I wrote to them and sent a link from the official website of the league, they arranged my bets correctly. I withdrew from the account and an investigation was launched again, after which my winnings were canceled again (only them, my lost bet remained reported as a loser). They returned my deposit and that's how my case ended. . The result of the match is visible to the Latvian Football Federation. Completely unacceptable attitude from a serious site like them. I have taken my case to the Costa Rica Gambling Commission and I expect them to do their job. Is there anyone who can give me advice on who else I can turn to because I'm starting to despair. About 10 months have passed and still almost nothing.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 11491

Quote Originally Posted by SportsBettor74 View Post
    I have read posts on here and elsewhere where Nitrogen closes the funded account and **sometimes** takes the balance

Please link me to one of the posts on SBR you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsBettor74 View Post
    Nitrogen is a weird site because if **forces** you to create an "anonymous account"
    They do not FORCE you to do anything.

They simply make it 10 times easier than every other site who does not allow access to lines without an account.

And I have never seen anyone ever unfairly penalized in the manner you are imagining (and claiming you have read happened on here???)

If you are the type who thinks they can CHOOSE to click Create Account 15 times instead of logging in, then you are the sort of person who may have their account flagged for a check.

But if you never use any of those extra accounts for betting, you will not be penalized.
    Last edited by Optional; 06-02-21 at 11:58 AM.

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10181

Optional is correct. It happened to me a while back. I didn't even know I had multiple accounts but they froze my account. Once they realized I never used those accounts I was cleared. Nitrogen is a fair book and they are not just going to steal your money unless you were cheating.

Colonist
    Colonist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1948

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Please link me to one of the posts on SBR you are talking about.

They do not FORCE you to do anything.

They simply make it 10 times easier than every other site who does not allow access to lines without an account.

And I have never seen anyone ever unfairly penalized in the manner you are imagining (and claiming you have read happened on here???)

If you are the type who thinks they can CHOOSE to click Create Account 15 times instead of logging in, then you are the sort of person who may have their account flagged for a check.

But if you never use any of those extra accounts for betting, you will not be penalized.
    All true. I have not heard of any players on Nitro who have innocently opened a few additional accounts over time to check lines and funded only one account but had their funds taken. These guys are extra cautious about security because of their unique platform.

If you are not trying to multi account to take advantage of them, you have nothing to worry about.