RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

BOL cancelling Ravens/Steelers bets?

Confused what is going on here. This game has been continued to be pushed back multiple days without bets being cancelled. Now today the bets are cancelled. This game is still scheduled to be played... It was just moved from Tuesday to Wednesday. The line moved from -4 to -10.5 in the meantime. Masters tournament was left up for however many months with action. Same thing for every other event I can remember that was pushed back, even with most books being slow to cancel Nascar events that were actually flat out cancelled, with the hopes that they would somehow take place.

Is BOL wrong here? Not sure of the exact rules. Seems like a quick money grab as $ seemed to pour in on the Steelers. Any insight on what other books are doing for open bets on this game at the moment would be helpful also. Thanks.

ParlayTeaser
    ParlayTeaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1007

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    Confused what is going on here. This game has been continued to be pushed back multiple days without bets being cancelled. Now today the bets are cancelled. This game is still scheduled to be played... It was just moved from Tuesday to Wednesday. The line moved from -4 to -10.5 in the meantime. Masters tournament was left up for however many months with action. Same thing for every other event I can remember that was pushed back, even with most books being slow to cancel Nascar events that were actually flat out cancelled, with the hopes that they would somehow take place.

Is BOL wrong here? Not sure of the exact rules. Seems like a quick money grab as $ seemed to pour in on the Steelers. Any insight on what other books are doing for open bets on this game at the moment would be helpful also. Thanks.
    They couldn't wait to cancel it either lol. In the rules, I believe it says the game must be played the day of.

RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayTeaser View Post
    They couldn't wait to cancel it either lol. In the rules, I believe it says the game must be played the day of.
    Wild. Okay. Had no idea. I see it now. Support told me that it needed to be played within 48 hours and quoted me Australian Football so I was really confused. I see the rule now. So long as they are holding by that, no problems. Thanks!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I don't know what is "right" here for sure. But have been wondering why early bets had not been cancelled at books where the rule says game should be played within 24/48 hours or similar.

But I'd be unhappy to lose my -4 as well.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post

Typically the game has to be played same day, so a Cancel is correct. It's fair for everyone except 2 team teaser players, who will be fukked again with a no win situation--which SBR and Opti think is fair.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: deeppckts

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post

Typically the game has to be played same day, so a Cancel is correct. It's fair for everyone except 2 team teaser players, who will be fukked again with a no win situation--which SBR and Opti think is fair.
    Didn't you tell me to stop yesterday???

Was that just so you can continue bashing me unanswered?

I forgave you for yesterday as you had your own bet issue argument going on and were obviously upset, but time to get over it unless you want me to start again too. You just don't agree with me. Ce la vie. Not the end of the world.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Didn't you tell me to stop yesterday???

Was that just so you can continue bashing me unanswered?

I forgave you for yesterday as you had your own bet issue argument going on and were obviously upset, but time to get over it unless you want me to start again too. You just don't agree with me. Ce la vie. Not the end of the world.
    "Forgave me" for what..disagreeing with your ridiculous belief that's it's ok for Books to free roll on teasers due to covid cancellations? When I said "Stop", it was only a suggestion for you to stop embarrassing yourself. I don't believe in censorship so feel free to keep humiliating yourself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheBigD

ParlayTeaser

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    "Forgave me" for what..disagreeing with your ridiculous belief that's it's ok for Books to free roll on teasers due to covid cancellations? When I said "Stop", it was only a suggestion for you to stop embarrassing yourself. I don't believe in censorship so feel free to keep humiliating yourself.
    I read what's happening to you and other players and the books are most definitely freerolling players. I wonder how Vegas and stateside books are treating cases like these?

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayTeaser View Post
    I read what's happening to you and other players and the books are most definitely freerolling players. I wonder how Vegas and stateside books are treating cases like these?
    Good question. It's been a few decades since I last bet in Vegas, but I recall that a tie in a 2 teamer resulted in no action regardless of the result of the other leg. Heritage is one of the few offshore books that follows this example, so you won't get burned by covid cancellations there. Unfortunately NFL teaser odds at Heritage are not attractive (although college teasers are a generous +102 if that's your thing).

I'm sure we have some posters from Nevada that can shed light on how 2 team teasers are currently being treated there. Hopefully some of them will chime in. I'd be shocked if they are freerolling their patrons too.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

BOL has/had a contest this week hinging on the Colts- Ravens game. One of the requirements was you had to place a $25 bet on that game. They currently don't have a line up on the game.

ParlayTeaser

Only to hang -10 back up after quickly cancelling all teasers with that same line. SMH