ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Arbitrage Question

Hey guys,
    How many of you use arbitrage to profit at sports gambling?
    I make a lot of legitimate bets but sometimes I see obvious arbitrage between two books and I take advantage of it. I have been limited at some books but never banned.
    Lastly, would it be a problem if I started posting the arbitrage opportunities I found on SBR?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Bring it!!

Which books we talking about?

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Bring it!!

Which books we talking about?
    I utilize just about every book rated C+ or better.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

During baseball I spotted a C book with an A book and when the C Book was a certain total number it was money.

ace7550

For example:
    Bovada - Barkley, FIR on hole 1, Yes, +220
    Sportsbetting - Barkley, FIR on hole 1, no, -190

Free money boys! It's there right now.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    For example:

Dang not using either of those.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7072

Been doing it for 15 years, and I've been banned at a few and limited at many. But I'll tell you the opportunities are few and far between compared to the way they used to be. Occasionally still see arb opportunities in nfl props, otherwise the odd middle opportunity in live betting.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

For example:

my limit on that at bovada is $2.50 lol

shows you what happens if you make money betting

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by garyking View Post
    Been doing it for 15 years, and I've been banned at a few and limited at many. But I'll tell you the opportunities are few and far between compared to the way they used to be. Occasionally still see arb opportunities in nfl props, otherwise the odd middle opportunity in live betting.
    Basically, this summarizes things perfectly...

ace7550

It's true. 10 years ago there was arbitrage everywhere. I do still find some from time to time. It's not very profitable but I have fun doing it so why not.

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    my limit on that at bovada is $2.50 lol

shows you what happens if you make money betting
    That's crazy. I didn't know Bov limited like that.

ace7550

Bovada, Texas +105
    Heritage, Iowa State -104

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Why would this be frowned upon, and how would any book possibly know you are arb'ing unless you are doing it at one of their sister sites

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Why would this be frowned upon, and how would any book possibly know you are arb'ing unless you are doing it at one of their sister sites
    I don't know. I thought SBR might frown upon it. There are never arbs at sister sites because their odds are always identical.

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

Hey Ace, are you using software (RebelBetting, Betburger) to find your arbs or do you find them manually?

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by dmm View Post
    Hey Ace, are you using software (RebelBetting, Betburger) to find your arbs or do you find them manually?
    Manually. Sometimes you can see them when comparing odds on SBR too.

garyking

It's true. 10 years ago there was arbitrage everywhere. I do still find some from time to time. It's not very profitable but I have fun doing it so why not.
    Yes, I agree, I continue to do it, and if I am disciplined it covers my losses from other bets..LOL

garyking

I'm just guessing but I think they get some kind of idea if lines almost always move in your favor.

garyking

This might be an issue for another thread..But thought I'd make a list of books where I've been limited or banned.
    bet365, bodog, heritage, WillHill, SIA, 10bet, you wager, intertops, paddy power, coral, betfred, unibet, bwin, and that's just the ones i remember. Still ok and mostly bet now at Jazz, Wagerweb, Betphoenix, Justbet, and BOL.

ace7550

This might be an issue for another thread..But thought I'd make a list of books where I've been limited or banned.
    bet365, bodog, heritage, WillHill, SIA, 10bet, you wager, intertops, paddy power, coral, betfred, unibet, bwin, and that's just the ones i remember. Still ok and mostly bet now at Jazz, Wagerweb, Betphoenix, Justbet, and BOL.
    Crazy how many books have limited/banned you! Sounds like you are doing something right. I use sbag/bol, bookmaker, gtbets, youwager, wagerweb, betus, betnow, betagame, heritage, Bovada. I've only gotten limited at betagame.

garyking

Yeah, it's not like it used to be. In a 3 month period I think 10 years ago or so I made $50,000 or so just on ARB's and middles. In the last 6 weeks I've made $1000, and that's spending 6-8 hours a day checking lines or betting live. Hardly worth it any more, but as you said, just for fun, and keeps me from losing on the horses or betting games straight up LOL. That's an impressive list of sites you've got there.

garyking

I don't know if you've noticed, but at some sites lines are better than others. So i found even if i was betting both sides of games, there were sites where I would always profit over time, and others where I would always lose.

ace7550

I don't know if you've noticed, but at some sites lines are better than others. So i found even if i was betting both sides of games, there were sites where I would always profit over time, and others where I would always lose.
    Yes I have definitely noticed this. There are some sites at which I win far more often than others.

HEINEKENCOC
    HEINEKENCOC's Avatar Become A Pro!

What sucks is there's no real way to hide if you're winning

garyking

Yes I have definitely noticed this. There are some sites at which I win far more often than others.
    If you could isolate this, and then only wager the bad lines at that site, theoretically it would lead to more profits. However this would lead to more variance and also possible losses.

garyking

Quote Originally Posted by HEINEKENCOC View Post
    What sucks is there's no real way to hide if you're winning
    Not a bad problem to have though. better than losing!!!

hustledouble
    hustledouble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1911

Bovada is very loose with the pricing, especially for props. But you will get slowed down real quick there.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Those doing arbitrage, how often do you get screwed because one of your bet was voided? That would be my biggest fear if I give it a try one day. Especially since you need to play high stakes to make decent profit.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

If most of your stakes are not round figures, perhaps.

hustledouble

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Those doing arbitrage, how often do you get screwed because one of your bet was voided? That would be my biggest fear if I give it a try one day. Especially since you need to play high stakes to make decent profit.
    I scalped NBA Player Props at two large books for almost the entire NBA 18-19 playoffs and never had any bets voided. Both books for the playoffs were allowing $500 max bet on the props, and depending on the number of playoff games that day I could usually find anywhere from like 4 to a dozen or more. Many of the scalps were available for just minutes if not seconds after the second book opened their props, so you had to move fast, and as a result I made a typo one time that cost me about $350 after I hedged out of what I could IIRC.

Anyway, although I never had anything voided near the end of the conference finals one of the books finally limited me down to $5 for props and then a few days later just pennies. The limit came without any warning, and I was just lucky in that I entered that half of the scalp first so I didn't miss anything from getting cut off, but that is something to worry about in addition to voided bets and mistakes; that you might not know you're limited right away. A few hours later they did send me a canned message that because of my risk profile or w/e my limits had been adjusted.

They never officially cut me off but since then I can't enter anything more than a few literal cents on anything there anymore, sides, totals, whatever.

I got around $4,300 out of them even factoring in the one mistake before I was cut off. But it was nearly risk free and not a book I typically used anyway so worth it.

hustledouble

If most of your stakes are not round figures, perhaps.
    Round up or down as needed and eat a few cents on the arb. Cost of doing business

reallyhardtowin
    reallyhardtowin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I love these, especially with props. Let us know what you see

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

In 15 years this has only happened to me only a handful of times and I can't even recall the last time. Avoiding wagering on obviously bad lines has a lot to do with this, I imagine...

ace7550

If you could isolate this, and then only wager the bad lines at that site, theoretically it would lead to more profits. However this would lead to more variance and also possible losses.
    100% agree. But I don't want that variance. Also, A lot of times the arbs that I find are only available at two sites. This makes it difficult to know which one is soft.

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    In 15 years this has only happened to me only a handful of times and I can't even recall the last time. Avoiding wagering on obviously bad lines has a lot to do with this, I imagine...
    Yep exactly. If you do this long enough you get to know what is a "bad" line and what is a "soft" line. Out of my last 100 arbs one got voided. And that was because I got greedy.

1234 ... Last