RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Has anyone here been limited at Draftkings?

I'm just curious, as i'm starting to demolish them and i'm wondering what I can expect.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16522

Feel free to post your picks for us

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Feel free to post your picks for us
    Once a winner gives picks the pick is no longer good. If you know, you know.

aak114
    Update your status
    aak114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 556

Yes, I've been limited at DK... First they will start only accepting partial wagers (with remaining portions going to review). At first they may accept your review portions but then (for me at least) they started declining them all.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by aak114 View Post
    Yes, I've been limited at DK... First they will start only accepting partial wagers (with remaining portions going to review). At first they may accept your review portions but then (for me at least) they started declining them all.
    They don't just accept partial wagers. If you put in to bet over their limit you'll get a message either to accept up to the max and/or to ask permission for larger amount (except they don't offer this for live; you can only bet up to max).

I guess the real question is how steep the limit is (not talking about odds boosts). For regular major sports, are we talking $30-50 limiting, or are we talking several hundred or more limiting.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    They don't just accept partial wagers. If you put in to bet over their limit you'll get a message either to accept up to the max and/or to ask permission for larger amount (except they don't offer this for live; you can only bet up to max).

I guess the real question is how steep the limit is (not talking about odds boosts). For regular major sports, are we talking $30-50 limiting, or are we talking several hundred or more limiting.
    Are their limits written anywhere?
    OR
    Do they profile you?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Are their limits written anywhere?
    OR
    Do they profile you?
    Not written anywhere that I know of.

Yes, DK profiles and they limit. I've been limited twice, but it's been several months and much profit since I've last been limited. I'm hopeful that limits will remain status quo, but we'll see. I think what they do is they limit as a % of their normal max wager (which varies by league, bet type and time), they classify players, and have set % limits based on classification. But that's just an educated guess. I'd prefer not to be limited at all of course, but even after twice limiting, the limits are not completely unreasonable and remain worth betting into. Plus, they offer alt lines on most everything and you can bet the limit again immediately against the alt lines and also can re-bet max after any kind of a line/juice move.

And Fanduel limits too, but again, not bad so far in my experience.

So far so good with Will Hill, but I think that varies a lot by state.

Pointsbet is the worst in this regard.

Only other one I have in IL so far as is Rivers, but they are a Kambi clone like DK and their app is almost impossible to use. So I don't play much there.

aak114
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

Yes, that's what I meant. You submit a bet for $100, it will tell you $50 can be accepted now and $50 would be submitted for approval.

For main lines, I can still get hundreds, sometimes over $1000. Props are limited to $100 or so though. Definitely better than limits elsewhere, like 365, where you get limited to $2 or whatever quickly. I'm sure people have more severe limits than me though.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

For whatever reason, FD limited me severely and quickly. DK has not. I am also wondering if they factor in your DFS performance when profiling you.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by aak114 View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant. You submit a bet for $100, it will tell you $50 can be accepted now and $50 would be submitted for approval.

For main lines, I can still get hundreds, sometimes over $1000. Props are limited to $100 or so though. Definitely better than limits elsewhere, like 365, where you get limited to $2 or whatever quickly. I'm sure people have more severe limits than me though.
    That sounds pretty familiar. My pure guess is that they have different levels of limiting, but it seems like even the most severe limit isn't too bad for main lines.

aak114
    Update your status

Yeah they definitely have different levels, and I highly doubt I'm at the lowest level