GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Kudos to Bookmaker, Shame on BOL

Bookmakers latest software is giving a better line if the odds change in your favor while your bet is in the betslip. Its a nice feature and I've ended up with some nice numbers because of it.

BOL on the other hand will accept your bet at the odds that you put in the bet slip, even if the odds on their board have changed in your favor. But if the odds move against you the bet gets denied. One of their sneaky tricks I wish they would fix.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

What?

How about the line changes and not in your favor while in your bet slip and you go to click commit and the lines changes as you hit commit. Doesn’t matter that you have selected “do not accept line changes”

It can either screw you or help you. I’d prefer neither! I’d rather have it always reject then end up with a line I did not want!

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    What?

How about the line changes and not in your favor while in your bet slip and you go to click commit and the lines changes as you hit commit. Doesn’t matter that you have selected “do not accept line changes”

It can either screw you or help you. I’d prefer neither! I’d rather have it always reject then end up with a line I did not want!
    Exactly, the dynamic betslip is total bullshit. I have had this happen to me three times where I got lines that I did not want. It can change on you at any second and there is no way to turn that off. Betonline just rejects the bet if it doesn't match the current line - and that's how it should be.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

With Bookmaker, if you have the “accept only better odds” box checked in the betslip you shouldn’t get that problem.

Betonline are tricksters in this respect. Say you try to bet a game that has the line +115 and -125. You put -125 in your betslip, click submit, but then you see on the screen that it has moved to -127. Your bet will be rejected.

In the same scenario, say you had clicked +115. You would think the betslip would prevent you from betting this stale number since it is now +117. You would think that the system would alert you in the same way it does when the line moves against you.

Of course, you click +115 and that’s exactly what you will get stuck with.

It’s very tricky software they’re running there. It’s important to know this when betting volatile markets like halftimes.

BAUS

GradyFuson

I can't argue with you on that, I've been burned by the same thing, when it jumps around in the betslip and changes against you in milliseconds before you click.

I don't think its jumping around as much now and at least it will give you better odds if they have changed to better odds. I'm just saying its now an improvement. Also an opportunity to point out how they are beating BOL at something I wish BOL would fix.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post
    With Bookmaker, if you have the “accept only better odds” box checked in the betslip you shouldn’t get that problem.

Betonline are tricksters in this respect. Say you try to bet a game that has the line +115 and -125. You put -125 in your betslip, click submit, but then you see on the screen that it has moved to -127. Your bet will be rejected.

In the same scenario, say you had clicked +115. You would think the betslip would prevent you from betting this stale number since it is now +117. You would think that the system would alert you in the same way it does when the line moves against you.

Of course, you click +115 and that’s exactly what you will get stuck with.

It’s very tricky software they’re running there. It’s important to know this when betting volatile markets like halftimes.

BAUS
    WRONG

With bookmaker, it doesn’t matter what you check mark. If the line changes while it’s in your bet slip you see the line change as your clicking commit, so the system doesn’t recognize it as a line change.

It’s a piss poor setup

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    WRONG

With bookmaker, it doesn’t matter what you check mark. If the line changes while it’s in your bet slip you see the line change as your clicking commit, so the system doesn’t recognize it as a line change.

It’s a piss poor setup
    Ok. I must not have had that happen to me recently, because I would remember. And I bet a lot there.

Your friend,

BAUS

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post

BAUS
    This is totally false. There is no way to stop it from updating the betslip and therefore it can change just before you click to make the bet and none of the settings changes that. As far as BOL books are concerned, I have had many times I try to make a bet and the line moved as you described and it rejected my bet.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

wagerweb has updated me to better odds while processing. they even give me a note.

if the odds i had were too high, they will just not accept the bet.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

I had Bovada do it to me today. I bet the dodgers ML at -130. They confirmed it and it said -133. Not a huge difference but still annoying.
    I still like Bovada. Just giving info pertinent to this conversation.

GradyFuson

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    I had Bovada do it to me today. I bet the dodgers ML at -130. They confirmed it and it said -133. Not a huge difference but still annoying.
    I still like Bovada. Just giving info pertinent to this conversation.
    Thanks for adding to the convo, it's a huge difference.

As for Bookmaker, I still think they've improved the betslip. I'd be interested to hear if there have been any recent issues, like in the last couple of days or going forward from here.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Thanks for adding to the convo, it's a huge difference.

As for Bookmaker, I still think they've improved the betslip. I'd be interested to hear if there have been any recent issues, like in the last couple of days or going forward from here.
    Are you joking? The betslip should never change once you create it, it's total bullshit and makes it easy to get a bet you don't want. At least give us the option to turn off the dynamic betslip!

GradyFuson

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Are you joking? The betslip should never change once you create it, it's total bullshit and makes it easy to get a bet you don't want. At least give us the option to turn off the dynamic betslip!
    Some events that are few minutes before game time have rapidly changing odds, if the betslip wasn't dynamic it would be very difficult to get a bet in.

I know what you are complaining about, I've had a $10k bet move 5 cents against me right as I was clicking to submit the bet. However, I 'think' they have very recently improved this so it wont be 'as' dynamic.

Just saying it seems better now, and so far I like it a lot better than the way BOL handles it.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

BOL and sportsbetting both do the line change interruption thing if it benefits them, but not the opposite. both deny it also. It is literally the only half-way negative thing i can say about those two books. literally everything else is A+ about them.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

I rarely play live lines. However, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I decided to run my own test.

Last night, early in the 4th quarter, Celtics were up considerably.

Bookmaker.eu live line showed Heat at +17.5 for the game.

So I wagered a trivial amount, $2, on Heat +17.5. The option I had was "Only accept line changes in my favor."

When I clicked "submit" it did the little processing thing.

It then accepted Heat at +15.5.

Mind you, this was NOT the line I chose. Furthermore, I specifically had the option to only change the line in my favor.

If I had actually wagered real money and the Heat covered by +17.5 (my intended choice), but did not cover by +15.5 (what bookmaker.eu gave me), I would have been livid.

I see three possible scenarios:

1) bookmaker.eu is not aware of this glitch

2) bookmaker.eu is aware of this glitch but feign ignorance because it benefits them more often than not

3) bookmaker.eu is not only aware of this glitch but have written it into the program

Based on your level of cynicism, you can choose which option. Regardless, I would caution anyone who plays live lines on bookmaker.eu.

Before the sports shutdown, I've been bullish on bookmaker.eu as they had good limits and consistent payouts. However, this experiment, in addition to other issues I've had with them, forced me to remove most of my funds from them. I still plan to have some funds in there - but only enough to withdraw in one shot.

Bottom line? Tread carefully with them.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 09-20-20 at 03:01 PM.
    Points Awarded:

BAUS gave EVPlus 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BAUS

EV, this is an excellent post. Thank you.

BAUS

GradyFuson

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    I rarely play live lines. However, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I decided to run my own test.

Last night, early in the 4th quarter, Celtics were up considerably.

Bookmaker.eu live line showed Heat at +17.5 for the game.

So I wagered a trivial amount, $2, on Heat +17.5. The option I had was "Only accept line changes in my favor."

When I clicked "submit" it did the little processing thing.

It then accepted Heat at +15.5.

Mind you, this was NOT the line I chose. Furthermore, I specifically had the option to only change the line in my favor.

If I had actually wagered real money and the Heat covered by +17.5 (my intended choice), but did not cover by +15.5 (what bookmaker.eu gave me), I would have been livid.

2) bookmaker.eu is aware of this glitch but feign ignorance because it benefits them more often than not

3) bookmaker.eu is not only aware of this glitch but have written it into the program

Based on your level of cynicism, you can choose which option. Regardless, I would caution anyone who plays live lines on bookmaker.eu.

Before the sports shutdown, I've been bullish on bookmaker.eu as they had good limits and consistent payouts. However, this experiment, in addition to other issues I've had with them, forced me to remove most of my funds from them. I still plan to have some funds in there - but only enough to withdraw in one shot.

Bottom line? Tread carefully with them.
    Thanks EV.

Honestly, if I could edit the original post for this thread I would.

I was wrong. There is still a glitch (that they have to know about by now) confirming worse odds than selected.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Bookmakers latest software is giving a better line if the odds change in your favor while your bet is in the betslip. Its a nice feature and I've ended up with some nice numbers because of it.

BOL on the other hand will accept your bet at the odds that you put in the bet slip, even if the odds on their board have changed in your favor. But if the odds move against you the bet gets denied. One of their sneaky tricks I wish they would fix.
    ya, there's a lot of extra money to be made for the books with that shady software...I should say this was more of a problem a couple of years ago...Lotta books will notify you of better odds....

I did appreciate how that horrible book that should not be named did it at the end. They did not seem as concerned with little changes, which is pretty much what I want with small windows....The books that will deny you ten times with ten 1 cent changes in 15 seconds annoy the crap out of me...
    Last edited by Wrongside; 09-20-20 at 04:08 PM.

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post

Well, first of all, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I rarely play spreads, so I haven't noticed this one, but that's terrible.

I think you are giving them too much credit though. I think their tech team is just not very good. If they were clever enough to write something like this into their program, they would also be competent enough to keep the site from crashing every weekend. Having that happen is not beneficial to them.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Well, first of all, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I rarely play spreads, so I haven't noticed this one, but that's terrible.

I think you are giving them too much credit though. I think their tech team is just not very good. If they were clever enough to write something like this into their program, they would also be competent enough to keep the site from crashing every weekend. Having that happen is not beneficial to them.
    I lean #2 but would not rule out bookmaker.eu or another book going with #3.

They can have a diligent team write, test, refine the code to assign bad lines which, to a casual bettor, may appear to be a random glitch.

Whether or not this is related to the overall slowness of the live lines that so many have mentioned, I don't know.

BAUS

Scenario #3 is certainly the case with BetOnline for pregame lines.

BAUS