Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

Bookmaker ddos?

Bookmaker is painfully slow for me this morning. Is this happening to anybody else? I'm wondering if SBR can confirm if there is a ddos attack or something else causing this to happen.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Hi Ian,

Bookmaker is up according to our website monitoring and we just verified that log-in/wagering is functional. Any difference if you go from PC to mobile device or vice versa?

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Oh it’s up. But very very slow. To the point where nearly impossible to get bet in before timeout. Especially live betting. I guess they are having ally of traffic today.

SBR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Oh it’s up. But very very slow. To the point where nearly impossible to get bet in before timeout. Especially live betting. I guess they are having ally of traffic today.
    Thanks for sharing. We'll reach out to Bookmaker to see how things are going so far. Sometimes with larger than average traffic servers take a few moments to autoscale and handle the load properly. Any other feedback?

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

The confirming bets screen is extremely slow. Like 2-3 mins to confirm each bet so bring your lunch.

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

have lots of soccer games today but lagging a bit on mobile

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    The confirming bets screen is extremely slow. Like 2-3 mins to confirm each bet so bring your lunch.
    Yeah, so quite useless for live betting. For me I think it was 30 secs/one minute, I thought they had put me on an extreme delay before realizing this is an issue for others too.

SBR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Yeah, so quite useless for live betting. For me I think it was 30 secs/one minute, I thought they had put me on an extreme delay before realizing this is an issue for others too.
    Thanks for sharing. Bookmaker and their staff are on it. We'll report when things should be back to normal but yeah, best to try to get the bets in early until all systems back to normal capacity.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

still abominable now. doesn't accept bets, defaults to 10 k bets, freezes. both on mobile and web.

for the first football sunday, this is very disappointing from an A plus book.

washhead
    washhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7246

Really slow for me too. Can't even get in right now. I haven't been able to get into the regular site for about 20 minutes; the mobile site was working (albeit slowly) but that's down now too. Disappointing.

washhead
    washhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7246

Now Heritage too. Ugh.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Bookmaker is working fine for me now.

SBR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Bookmaker is working fine for me now.
    Thanks for confirming.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

At risk of getting conspiratorial on everyone, I think there might be an industry wide attack going on. I have money in a few books and all of them have experienced either huge slowdowns or gone offline at some point before reappearing. This is very atypical, even for an NFL Sunday.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Bookmaker and others may also be seeing a rush of volume and risk that need to be handled properly due to a slew of new accounts coming in from the 5Dimes exit of the USA market. Gotta be in the thousands the number of USA accounts that are looking for another out.