BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Bovada cancelled wager after it won... (chat included)

EDIT: For some reason the pictures of the chat wouldn't post but I literally have a chat where they say, "Yes, the bet was placed four minutes before the game"...."At the discretion of the Book Manager we decide to grade it as no action"

I've been with them for over 10 years and they have been great. I've never had any issues up to this point. Thankfully this was a small wager. Anyway....I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I placed a wager four minutes before a game started and then after it won...they just cancelled it and said the bet wasn't placed within the correct timeframe.

A few notes here:
    1. I contacted them twice. The first time they just said it was graded correctly so I followed up with screenshots and evidence. After that, they gave me a new answer about the "time frame" the bet was placed.
    2. I also placed a live bet on the total which lost. They graded that as loss and kept my funds.
    3. Has anyone ever placed a bet at least 4 minutes before a game started....watched the entire game on the app, and then after it won were told the bet was cancelled because it wasn't placed at least 15 minutes before the game? Then they were told this was all at the discretion of the book manager?

I'm not as concerned about this particular bet as I am with the precedent. So basically even if you place a wager before a game starts...they can wait until after the game is over and then decide to grade it as no action? I don't see anywhere on their site that says it has to be placed 15 minutes before the game starts.

Like I've said, it was a small bet and this is the only time this has happened in 10 years. I'm just a little hesitant now....I hope this doesn't happen again.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 09-14-20 at 11:51 AM.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

post links to the pics of the chat, ill get them to post here for you.

BigDofBA

They fixed the issue!

I must say that in the 10+ years I have used them, they have always made things right.

The explanation was somewhat confusing but it's correct now so that's all that matters.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Did the game start after the scheduled time?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Did the game start after the scheduled time?
    Yes.

I placed the wager four minutes before the scheduled game time and the game time was pushed back 5 minutes.

So really I placed the wager 9 minutes before the game started.

I wish I knew how their system works. I assume it’s some kind of shared API that pulls in the data.

What was killing me is that the wager on the total was graded as a loss. Lol.