1. #1
    Bswitz32
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-24-09
    Posts: 460
    Betpoints: 30

    Dont use fanduel

    Those guys just swindled me out of $500 because they say I violated the terms of having 1 account.

    I hadnt logged into my account since March 20 2019 and just recently used the sportsbook link my buddy sent me being in IL. They take my money, replenished my account with the match play and bonus and then suspend it saying I had 2 accounts.


    How conveinent!

    Screw them

  2. #2
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,178
    Betpoints: 1912

    you had an account but then used link your buddy sent? LOL got caught...They are solid and even allow multi accounts per household like your wife ect but it has to be verified. With all the FREE promos they offer they have to be pretty high security from scammers

  3. #3
    mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-22-08
    Posts: 4,640
    Betpoints: 3090

    Quote Originally Posted by Bswitz32 View Post
    Those guys just swindled me out of $500 because they say I violated the terms of having 1 account.

    I hadnt logged into my account since March 20 2019 and just recently used the sportsbook link my buddy sent me being in IL. They take my money, replenished my account with the match play and bonus and then suspend it saying I had 2 accounts.


    How conveinent!

    Screw them
    You got caught. Not FanDuel's fault.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/17/2020


  4. #4
    stevenash
    Talk to me about MLB anything
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 33,613
    Betpoints: 3854

    FD is solid.
    High juice but solid.

  5. #5
    temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-16-10
    Posts: 1,238
    Betpoints: 1896

    I can't use Fandual- they are down again today- no surprise!

  6. #6
    Bswitz32
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-24-09
    Posts: 460
    Betpoints: 30

    Im not even mad at the fact...how about no customer service?

    taking 5 days to respond to an email...you are good with that?

  7. #7
    Bswitz32
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-24-09
    Posts: 460
    Betpoints: 30

    Im not even mad at the fact...how about no customer service?

    taking 5 days to respond to an email...you are good with that?

  8. #8
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,178
    Betpoints: 1912

    draft kings I asked simple question via the message system no response to my question but they send a email saying they added a 10$ freeplay and will answer soon sorry for delay LOL

  9. #9
    stevenash
    Talk to me about MLB anything
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 33,613
    Betpoints: 3854

    Quote Originally Posted by Bswitz32 View Post
    Im not even mad at the fact...how about no customer service?

    taking 5 days to respond to an email...you are good with that?

    I have been playing DFS at both Fan Duel and DK for a decade now.
    Fan Duel launched in 2009 and I've been playing DFS there since 2010 on a regular basis so I think I'm qualified to offer an opinion here.

    Both those sites I've mentioned (Fan Duel and Draft Kings) are solid not perfect by any means but no business is perfect they all have some flaws, but solid never the less.

    I'm not here to talk about DFS because this thread is not about that there are two groups of people when it comes to fantasy sports and that's either you like to play it or you don't like to play it, but since I've been using Fan Duel on a regular basis for a decade now I believe I can weigh in here and offer up my input.

    In these past ten years I have never been stiffed on a payment, that's never as in ever.
    That's a 100 percent success rate.
    Not only that I have never, as in ever had to wait more than three business days to collect on contest winning in those ten years, that's faster than most banks at times.
    Both funding your account and withdrawing from your account could not be simpler and I am not going into details on how simple it is and here's the important part it's perfectly legit and above boards and totally legal if and only if you play by the legal guidelines that are in place.
    Moving money from your bank to FD or Draft Kings won't even raise an eyebrow from banking or US government agencies as long as you pay those pesky taxes on those substantial contest winnings and file the legal paperwork.

    Know why?

    Fan Duel is registered with all those pesky agencies I mentioned like the IRS, the treasury people in our federal government, banks, you know those sort of people.

    Listen, I am not going to list everything good about Fan Duel because it's time consuming, time I don't want to use here so I'll wrap this up for you but before doing to my only problem with the big two DFS companies is the juice or vig if you is too high for my liking, but I have an option here, and that option is I don't have to play DFS there if I don't like 20 percent juice on most contests but I know this going in, before I move money to places I do my homework so I know the rules and regulations so even though I don't like paying a high percentage when it comes to the rake I choose to anyway because I love my fantasy sports, it's one of my few hobbies, I'm good at it which helps, like I said I enjoy it, I only play five or ten dollar SINGLE ENTRY contests which comes from my discretionary income after all the essentials are paid for etc. etc.
    If you don't like fantasy sports so be it, I can respect you and your opinion but you can't lecture me on my hobbies and passions as long as it doesn't hurt me or my family or my job because it does not, never has an it never will.

    That's it, that's my only problem with Fan Duel, the high vig percentage they take, but I can accept it or I can choose not to play, I accept it because I an not not playing high stakes contests.

    Sounds to me like your complaint is with Fan Duel is with Customer Service because they haven't returned an e-mail?
    That's a petty complaint if you think about it.
    Amazon has times haven't returned my emails, so has Citi Bank, so has Fidelity Investments where I have accounts there, it happens every now and then, not on purpose but it happens but if I have an issue with my bank, or my online shopping accounts, or my Fidelity retirement account that requires Customer Service assistance email is not my primary mode of method to resolve it.
    First thing I would do is call Fan Duel toll free phone number, if you are going to be on hold for a bit while waiting on the phone for a CSR agent you can use the online chat CSR function, but I can guarantee you you'll get the answer you need within a day.
    And if push really comes to shove but it should never even get close to there you know Fan Duel has an office building, a real live office building, with real life business professionals right there in down town Boston Mass. (DK has an office building in San Francisco in case you are wondering)

    Customer Service is in my opinion never a problem there with me, I have other options before even considering email if I have an issue and I have need CSR help in the past on occasion before so I know what I am speaking of.

    And no I am not an employee of Fan Duel nor a fan boy of them and Draft Kings, they have a few flaws, we all do, but know this those two companies are not fly by night, they are not shady, they have become the best at what they do not by accident and over night, there's a reason why they became giants in the exploding world of DFS and sports wagering.
    Last edited by stevenash; 09-12-20 at 11:36 AM.

  10. #10
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 450
    Betpoints: 984

    love FanDuel! thanks for protecting your money and thereby protecting mine as well, FanDuel.

  11. #11
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 450
    Betpoints: 984

    Quote Originally Posted by Bswitz32 View Post
    Those guys just swindled me out of $500 because they say I violated the terms of having 1 account.

    I hadnt logged into my account since March 20 2019 and just recently used the sportsbook link my buddy sent me being in IL. They take my money, replenished my account with the match play and bonus and then suspend it saying I had 2 accounts.


    How conveinent!

    Screw them
    I'm sure you'll run other scams and get away with them to offset the balance. In the meantime, thank you FanDuel.

  12. #12
    stevenash
    Talk to me about MLB anything
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 33,613
    Betpoints: 3854

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    love FanDuel! thanks for protecting your money and thereby protecting mine as well, FanDuel.

    Yeah right.

    Sure they have flaws, I do too but getting ripped off isn't even an issue there and in return they are going to make sure you don't rip them off.

    If you are going to play somewhere and don't have a major problem with the juice you have to pay which is something someone should know about before they play there it's not like they are lying to you or being dishonest in any other way than they are not ripping you off, you are ripping yourself off for not knowing this and being ignorant.

    My biggest concern about doing business with anybody is knowing if I can 100 percent without question get paid and not just get paid but paid promptly and legal, like than an established US based company that's bonded eight ways to Sunday that you know who they are and where they are and where to reach them, well that's all I want.

    Doesn't sound like a Costa Rica or Pacific Island outfit to me.

  13. #13
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 450
    Betpoints: 984

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah right.

    Sure they have flaws, I do too but getting ripped off isn't even an issue there and in return they are going to make sure you don't rip them off.

    If you are going to play somewhere and don't have a major problem with the juice you have to pay which is something someone should know about before they play there it's not like they are lying to you or being dishonest in any other way than they are not ripping you off, you are ripping yourself off for not knowing this and being ignorant.

    My biggest concern about doing business with anybody is knowing if I can 100 percent without question get paid and not just get paid but paid promptly and legal, like than an established US based company that's bonded eight ways to Sunday that you know who they are and where they are and where to reach them, well that's all I want.

    Doesn't sound like a Costa Rica or Pacific Island outfit to me.
    You completely misread my post. It was not sarcastic. I am thanking FanDuel for not getting cheated, thus staying further solvent, thus being able to pay me out. My money is in their bank, the last thing I want is for them to get cheated by scammers. That's me getting cheated and scammed.

  14. #14
    stevenash
    Talk to me about MLB anything
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 33,613
    Betpoints: 3854

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    You completely misread my post. It was not sarcastic. I am thanking FanDuel for not getting cheated, thus staying further solvent, thus being able to pay me out. My money is in their bank, the last thing I want is for them to get cheated by scammers. That's me getting cheated and scammed.
    Trouble with communicating on social media is there is no face to face conversation so a lot of times no matter how good ones communication skills are sometime things get lost in the translation or misunderstood all together.

    I saw your point but I did not clearly convey that back to you clearly.
    I was trying to make points for both parties, the user and the provider.


    My point was and still is by making sure Fan Duel remains the leader in credibility in it's field by not allowing to get ripped of in turn they'll see to it the honest players get their payouts and just rewards in a very timely fashion without hassles.

    Long story short we (Fan Duel) will do the right thing every step of the way if us the users (me and you) do so as well.
    Mutual business respect.

    It's all good, I respect what your opinions.

Top