TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Old BitPay card shutdown. New one available

Important Dates

There are two important dates you need to know regarding the expiring Vi$a prepaid card program.

June 30, 2020 - No more loads

June 30 is the last day you will be able to load funds to your card, including converting crypto currency to fiat for use. Please redirect any recurring bank deposits, such as payroll, before this date.

December 31, 2020 - No more spend

December 31 is the last day you will be able to spend with your card. Please cancel any recurring payments, such as utilities and subscriptions, before this date.
    Last edited by Optional; 06-16-20 at 07:43 PM. Reason: update title

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13510

Where did you see this?

That sucks if true. I have no reason not to believe you but damn Bitpay was great.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

It’s on their app bro. I have no reason to lie. I love BitPay. Can’t believe this...maybe they are upgrading to a new chip card?

https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042021051

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

It's on my app also. They're shutting down the Viza card on December 31st.

They sent an email a few months ago advertising a Mistercard chip card which (I'm assuming) was supposed to replace the Viza card program, but haven't heard anything since the pandemic went into full gear.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    It’s on their app bro. I have no reason to lie. I love BitPay. Can’t believe this...maybe they are upgrading to a new chip card?

https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/...s/360042021051
    Thanks for posting.

That's disappointing.

I wonder if the crypto.com card from the same bank is toast too.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ouch-The (2) that I have........what a hassle...

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Weird because I got an email from them advertising some new card they are sending out. However that article makes no mention of it. So I guess this is permanent? That sucks. It was quickest way to get cash from book payouts. Banks really hate bitcoin.

PaperTrail07

Their site is pushing a MeStercard now....looking into it...

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Their site is pushing a MeStercard now....looking into it...
    I see that but there is no way to order the card. I could be wrong but I think it's done forever. No mention about new card in their email.

PaperTrail07

Yeah -I cant find a buy link either....but a switch to ********** SEEMS like the move but with no mention-who knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I see that but there is no way to order the card. I could be wrong but I think it's done forever. No mention about new card in their email.

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

PuffDaddy
    PuffDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4672

Fckkk..........So whats the plan transferring to the new M C card?

I had a feeling this was going to happen, after trying numerous times trying to order a new card to no avail (my current card expires next month)

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by PuffDaddy View Post
    Fckkk..........So whats the plan transferring to the new M C card?

I had a feeling this was going to happen, after trying numerous times trying to order a new card to no avail (my current card expires next month)
    They are not mentioning anything about a new card and nowhere to signup which makes me think there isnt going to be a new card. I think it's done forever. Hopefully I'm wrong.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
    Ok. But there is no signup option. Maybe I'm missing it but could not find one. When I login there is no mention of a new card either.

PaperTrail07

Its just pushing account signups at the moment....maybe card will be soon....
    Ok. But there is no signup option. Maybe I'm missing it but could not find one. When I login there is no mention of a new card either.

PaperTrail07

My guess is better % with Master....

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Its very unclear. But I assume there will be efforts made to get everyone to sign back up under the M C accounts.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15601

I just called customer service.

"It's being replaced with a different card by a DIFFERENT company."
    I asked a MCar?
    "You'll have to check with that company."

The call ended.

So I guess a replacement will come soon. Maybe.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I sent a query to their support. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Nah, got my signup for “first access” to the new card yesterday. Just switching to **********, but it’s a new account.

I have my virtual card since the new ones in the mail. $2,000 per ATM transaction it said after I completed my signup which is noteworthy.
    Last edited by Wilfred; 06-10-20 at 06:05 PM.

mrpapageorgio

Found a link to the new card.

https://bitpay.com/card/

It'll let you withdraw up to $6k per day $2k at a time. That should make some people here happy if you can find an ATM that'll let you take out that much at a time.

Fees look the same for the most part, but I don't see any reference in terms of withdrawing via ACH transfer.

Look at the last 2 pages of the agreement for fees.

https://tinyurl.com/y9mbk3dz
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 06-10-20 at 06:54 PM.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Glad I got an MCO card after my Bitpay expired last year and they never sent me a new one.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Nah, got my signup for “first access” to the new card yesterday. Just switching to **********, but it’s a new account.

I have my virtual card since the new ones in the mail. $2,000 per ATM transaction it said after I completed my signup which is noteworthy.
    This is a good sign. Hopefully it will be rolled out to everyone soon.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

this

opps link wont work due to the magic word

google bitpay master c@rd for some good info

BitPay’s Prepaid ********** Launches in US to Make Crypto Accessible

BitPay rolls out prepaid ********** for U.S. crypto customers, hoping to further drive adoption and purchasing power of crypto holders.

2690Total views
    18Total shares
    Listen to article6:51

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.03)][/COLOR]

NEWS

Blockchain payments provider BitPay has launched a ********** prepaid card for crypto users in the United States. The BitPay Card enables customers to convert their cryptocurrency into fiat, which can then be loaded onto the card and spent anywhere ********** debit is accepted.
    Card holders can also withdraw U.S. dollars from ATMs and make online purchases. BitPay CEO Stephen Pair told Cointelegraph that the BitPay Card is specifically targeted at crypto holders, serving as a tool to provide a convenient way to access spending power:
    “The real goal of the BitPay Card is to provide users with a convenient way to convert their crypto onto a prepaid card. BitPay is a payments company, therefore we are focused on giving people and companies an easy way to conduct commerce using crypto.”
    Prepaid cards are hoping to tap into a whole new market, as recent findings show that 36.5 million people in the U.S. own some sort of cryptocurrency. BitPay’s statistics page also highlights that an average of 98,000 Bitcoin transactions were processed per month during this year.
    **********’s vice president of digital partnerships, Tim Montgomery, told Cointelegraph that ********** is particularly focused on providing consumers with flexibility and choice when it comes to finances. He said that working with companies like BitPay enables this:
    “We’re enabling people to transact in the ways that work best for their individual needs. We will continue to work with fintechs across the globe to accommodate and empower consumer choice, flexibility, and evolving preferences.”
    Modern features in a crypto-backed card

Aside from making crypto easier to spend, Pair mentioned the importance of modern features in crypto payment cards, noting that the BitPay Card was designed to have capabilities that users would naturally expect.
    Like traditional prepaid cards that function without bank accounts, the BitPay mobile app allows card holders to reload their balances, view transaction history and manage their card settings. The BitPay Card supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether (ETH), XRP and stable coins including USDC (USDC), GUSD, PAX and BUSD.
    Related: Cash or Plastic? Countries Where Crypto Debit Cards Are Fair Game
    All funds are made available to cardholders almost instantly, without any conversion fees. BitPay leverages technology from Galileo Financial Technologies, which lets the company use APIs to sell Bitcoin in real-time. Proceeds are then loaded onto the Galileo platform and transactions are processed in fiat through the ********** payment rails.
    Galileo Financial Technologies senior vice president, Scott Johnson, told Cointelegraph that BitPay is its second prepaid card client, noting that the platform also powers Coinzoom.
    Pair further pointed out that the BitPay Card features an EMV chip that provides added security and works with contactless-enabled payment systems. Interestingly, he explained that next steps are to integrate Apple Pay and Samsung Pay into the BitPay Card, which would allow users to make payments directly from their smartphones, adding:
    “The BitPay Card has all of the modern capabilities users would expect. At the launch, we won’t have everything, but as we move forward we will add capabilities that traditional payment programs offer.”
    Same old but different?

Although the BitPay Card boasts impressive features, the company initially launched a payment card in May 2016. However, it was soon discontinued due to customer support issues and limited capabilities, but as Pair noted, the original card was not marketed or promoted heavily.
    While this may be, Pair explained that creating a payment card in 2016 helped the company form important relationships with ********** and Galileo Financial Technologies. “We might not have had the opportunity to launch the new BitPay Card if it wasn’t for our original product,” Paid said.
    It’s also important to mention that a number of other cryptocurrency-backed payment cards have recently come to market. For example, digital payment platform Uphold announced its ********** debit card in March. Like the BitPay Card, the Uphold debit card allows U.S. users to convert crypto into fiat that can then be used at any **********-compatible location.
    Uphold’s vice president of marketing and communications, Michelle O’Connor, told Cointelegraph that the Uphold card is also equipped with an EMV security chip and pin for stronger authentication. However, the card does not currently support contactless payment. O’Connor further mentioned that Uphold plans to have a debit card ready in the coming months for its Europe-based customers, which will include a contactless payment system.
    Crypto company Embily also launched its prepaid card in April, which can be used anywhere ********** is accepted. Embily noted that the card is available to users across the globe, not just limited to U.S.-based customers.
    Yet while the diversity of offerings provides greater access to crypto users, crypto card issuers remain under great scrutiny due to regulatory issues. A key feature of BitPay is that the company is fully compliant with U.S. regulations. Pair stated in a previous Cointelegraph article that its U.S.-compliant status serves as the main reason merchants chose to work with BitPay over other service providers.
    In addition to Uphold and Embily, Coinbase announced in February that they had become a principal member of ****, allowing the company to provide ****-based debit cards. Known as the Coinbase Card, this allows customers in the European Union to spend cryptocurrencies.
    Making crypto more accessible?

While it’s impressive that a handful of crypto companies are launching payment cards, Pair explained that the goal of the BitPay Card is to provide crypto users with an easy way to tap into their purchasing power. He noted that the card isn’t a product aimed for the mainstream though, as cryptocurrency is still very niche.
    That being said, some may question if crypto-backed payment cards will eventually drive mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies. While regulations and market integrity are major factors for crypto reaching the mainstream, payment solutions that resemble traditional debit and prepaid cards could certainly play a part in the process.
    Business development director at The Graph and former Barclays investment banker, Tegan Kline, told Cointelegraph that crypto won’t become mainstream until holding and spending cryptocurrency becomes easier to do than holding and spending fiat:
    “Crypto backed debit cards will help with adoption, as they bridge traditional finance, but they will not be the sole driver. Mainstream adoption will come when we have better UX/UI than web2, more seamless payment channels, more transparent taxes and regulation around crypto and better custody solutions.”
    Ben Holfeld, a consultant at Accenture Labs, further expressed his opinion that crypto-backed debit or prepaid cards could accelerate usage for legal transactions:
    “The exchange of value is one of the top use cases of blockchain technologies, but so far it hasn't reached significant market adoption. I believe prepaid crypto cards for everyday purchases could really help accelerate usage for legal transactions.”

Last edited by littlekona; 06-11-20 at 09:24 AM.

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2772

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13510

I just got an email about their new mistercard

DontTailMe

Detailed instructions included in support's reply to my query yesterday. These instructions worked. I have my virtual card and the physical card is on its way.

Ordering New BitPay CardTo order the new BitPay Card, you need to update to the latest version of the BitPay app on your mobile device. (Ordering the new BitPay Card is not available from the desktop version of the app).You can update your BitPay App on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).Note for new BitPay App users: You will have to create a new wallet and load the wallet with cryptocurrencyfunds, or import an existing wallet key into the BitPay App to pay the card ordering fee.After you have updated the BitPay App, please follow the steps below:
    • Open the BitPay app.
    • Tap the gear icon at the bottom.
    • Under BitPay Account tap Connect your BitPay ID and link your BitPay ID/Account associated with this email.
    • Click on the Card icon in the app to see the new card offer. Note: You may need to unlink and then relink your account and restart the application if you do not see the new card offer.
    • Complete the card onboarding process and verification. For existing **** cardholders card order fee will be waived after this is completed.
    • And voilà! You got the new BitPay Card! You can even load and spend the virtual card immediately after signing up.Let us know if you have any questions.Thank you for choosing BitPay.Ordering New BitPay Card
    To order the new BitPay Card, you need to update to the latest version of the BitPay app on your mobile device. (Ordering the new BitPay Card is not available from the desktop version of the app).
    You can update your BitPay App on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
    Note for new BitPay App users: You will have to create a new wallet and load the wallet with cryptocurrencyfunds, or import an existing wallet key into the BitPay App to pay the card ordering fee.
    After you have updated the BitPay App, please follow the steps below:
    · Open the BitPay app.
    · Tap the gear icon at the bottom.
    · Under BitPay Account tap Connect your BitPay ID and link your BitPay ID/Account associated with this email.
    · Click on the Card icon in the app to see the new card offer. Note: You may need to unlink and then relink your account and restart the application if you do not see the new card offer.
    · Complete the card onboarding process and verification. For existing **** cardholders card order fee will be waived after this is completed.
    · And voilà! You got the new BitPay Card! You can even load and spend the virtual card immediately after signing up.
    Let us know if you have any questions.
    Thank you for choosing BitPay.

mrpapageorgio

Got it to work for me also once I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1945

PuffDaddy
    PuffDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4672

took a few tries...but it seems good to go!

Thanks DTM

PaperTrail07

It took deleting the app and reinstalling myself (imported old wallets ect).....thanks for the info guys......it also didn't verify me ASAP......circled and said its not instant all the time and would send an email...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Got it to work for me also once I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

PaperTrail07

Confirmed and on the way....little hassle but nothing crazy.... THANKS AGAIN !!

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Have a few k left in old btpy card which I just use for my insurance premiums and will be depleted in 2-3 months max.
    Is the new one (mistercrd) able to load the BTC/convert to $$etc just like the old?

PaperTrail07

Same thing, now with MIstercards noy VuSa....
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    Have a few k left in old btpy card which I just use for my insurance premiums and will be depleted in 2-3 months max.
    Is the new one (mistercrd) able to load the BTC/convert to $$etc just like the old?

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

cool thanks. Im guessing they dont sent a new card you have to do all the work?

123 Last