officertenpenny
    officertenpenny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Any update?
    Well I’ve been talking to someone from SBR and they tried to get in touch with MyBookie. It’s been a very slow process but eventually he asked me for my betting history or any specific bets I remembered. But MyBookie only allows you to see 4 weeks and it’s been way past that. I gave him the information on what I could remember since I lost access to the actual history. I’m sure mybookie can look up the entire history and see that my story checks out. But they refused to do so when I asked and im assuming it’s the same case with the SBR rep. I spoke to the SBR rep last Monday when he told me that it’s been about a week since he heard from his contact. He essentially told me that he’s waiting for an update but he can’t just call them liars. So it’s been almost 3 weeks since I’ve heard any updates from MyBookie through the SBR rep. And about 2 weeks since I’ve had contact with the SBR rep. I tried to email him twice since but I haven’t gotten any reply. At this point I don’t know what I should do. It sucks because I recently got laid off from my job too because of COVID so the money would’ve helped a lot. If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d really appreciate it.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90072

Quote Originally Posted by officertenpenny View Post
    Well I’ve been talking to someone from SBR and they tried to get in touch with MyBookie. It’s been a very slow process but eventually he asked me for my betting history or any specific bets I remembered. But MyBookie only allows you to see 4 weeks and it’s been way past that. I gave him the information on what I could remember since I lost access to the actual history. I’m sure mybookie can look up the entire history and see that my story checks out. But they refused to do so when I asked and im assuming it’s the same case with the SBR rep. I spoke to the SBR rep last Monday when he told me that it’s been about a week since he heard from his contact. He essentially told me that he’s waiting for an update but he can’t just call them liars. So it’s been almost 3 weeks since I’ve heard any updates from MyBookie through the SBR rep. And about 2 weeks since I’ve had contact with the SBR rep. I tried to email him twice since but I haven’t gotten any reply. At this point I don’t know what I should do. It sucks because I recently got laid off from my job too because of COVID so the money would’ve helped a lot. If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d really appreciate it.
    Nothing you can do. Just wait for SBR.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

This is an awful situation. It's really difficult to imagine a scenario where they are entitled to keep your winnings. I feel for you.

I just hope that you and SBR both keep us updated. Although I do understand why SBR might need to maintain silence while they solicit cooperation from MyBookie.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

This is an awful situation. It's really difficult to imagine a scenario where they are entitled to keep your winnings. I feel for you.

I just hope that you and SBR both keep us updated. Although I do understand why SBR might need to maintain silence while they solicit cooperation from MyBookie.
    Exactly

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by GlazerGlass View Post
    Any updates? Time for a downgrade for mybookie....
    It’s well past time for a MyBookie downgrade

officertenpenny

No updates still. I emailed the guy from SBR again but he hasn’t been responding. I’m about to email SBR and ask for an update since the guy assigned to my complaint hasn’t responded in 3 weeks.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

NFL around the corner . An update would be good

officertenpenny

That’s exactly why I’m anxious to get back in. NFL and EPL are big markets for me. I didn’t think it would be taking so long. It’s been over a month. Anyways, I just spoke to SBR via the live chat and the person there said they spoke to Brad (person handling the complaint) directly and that he’ll be sending me an email. So I’m just waiting for that now.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

That’s exactly why I’m anxious to get back in. NFL and EPL are big markets for me. I didn’t think it would be taking so long. It’s been over a month. Anyways, I just spoke to SBR via the live chat and the person there said they spoke to Brad (person handling the complaint) directly and that he’ll be sending me an email. So I’m just waiting for that now.
    Thanks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

No updates still. I emailed the guy from SBR again but he hasn’t been responding. I’m about to email SBR and ask for an update since the guy assigned to my complaint hasn’t responded in 3 weeks.
    I am advised that you were informed on 6th August that Mybookie said that you had taken advantage of a stalled live feed to rack up all of your $25,000 in winnings.

They also said you had done this before and had been given an official warning that if it happened again your account would be closed.

The OP denied this was true so his dispute agent asked if he could nominate what bets he did win this $25,000 on. He was not able to recall more than a handful of bets totaling just a few thousand dollars. The denial and attempted explanation clearly made no sense. So it was explained that SBR would have to accept MyBookies explanation in this case.

Why is it always these types of disputes where the complainant acts like SBR has not helped them? I think if the OP was open and honest generally they would have cleared up the questions in this thread about SBR having spoken to him too, rather than letting it sound like they are simply being ignored. So I can see why no one believes his denials now.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I am advised that you were informed on 6th August that Mybookie said that you had taken advantage of a stalled live feed to rack up all of your $25,000 in winnings.

They also said you had done this before and had been given an official warning that if it happened again your account would be closed.

The OP denied this was true so his dispute agent asked if he could nominate what bets he did win this $25,000 on. He was not able to recall more than a handful of bets totaling just a few thousand dollars. The denial and attempted explanation clearly made no sense. So it was explained that SBR would have to accept MyBookies explanation in this case.

Why is it always these types of disputes where the complainant acts like SBR has not helped them? I think if the OP was open and honest generally they would have cleared up the questions in this thread about SBR having spoken to him too, rather than letting it sound like they are simply being ignored. So I can see why no one believes his denials now.
    Wow!!

Thank you sir!

Glad you clarified. People cheat and act like a saint to get sympathy.

Thanks Optional.

This is a GAME changer!

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Wow!!

Thank you sir!

Thanks Optional.

This is a GAME changer!
    If you think it was a mistake for people to immediately believe OP, then you are making a similar mistake now by immediately believing the word of MyBookie. Why can’t MyBookie produce a report of said live wagers? If I were asked to produce them from my end, I could, because I record all of my wagers. But if I didn’t record anything, I doubt I could produce many from memory. MyBookie’s wager history on their site only goes back 4 weeks, so there’s no help there. It seems a bit unfair to put the burden of proof on the player when it’s MyBookie who is making the accusation and confiscating the money. How is OP supposed to prove a negative? We should all know that’s logically impossible.

It feels like MyBookie did nothing to support their confiscation of funds other than tell a story. Which maybe would be enough if this were BetOnline or Heritage with their positive histories. But we are talking about MyBookie here - a book which routinely tries to steal large amounts of money from players and eventually gives in when it’s shown that their claims are unfounded.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-07-20 at 01:42 PM.

officertenpenny

Okay let’s clarify something. I was not saying SBR hasn’t helped me. I was just providing information on everything that has happened from start to finish. It was true that I didn’t get a response for 3 weeks after the initial response saying the MyBookie contact was looking into. It was also true that I emailed 3 times in those 3 weeks and didn’t receive a response. I even updated when I said I spoke to SBR and was told to wait for an email. Not once did I “make it seem like I was simply being ignored” I just presented the information as to what was happening.

And i was honest from the get go about examples of bets that were on bad lines like the Robert woods reception bet. And also, the thing with the pop ups where they tell you “this bet has been void because of a line error” being warnings. I didn’t thing that was a valid “warning”. That’s just them saying they messed up put up the wrong reception total and so I got my bet void. Again this is from last year that they’re essentially using to justify taking money.

Now to clarify about the “handful of bets” I remembered. I also mentioned in an earlier post that they don’t let you go back further than 4 weeks and since it’s been longer than that, I have to remember off the top of my head. Considering the account had over 25k you can imagine there were a lot of bets. Let’s start with my $2k deposit. I mentioned to the person that I remembered a bet during the Usman vs. masvidal fight because I won $2k on usman alone. And with other fights that night my total profit was at $3200. I also mentioned to him that I won $2k on madden sims alone one day. Then I mentioned to him that I max bet on Manchester United vs Bournemouth. I had the spread before the game started. Then when united went down 1-0 I live bet the max on the spread again. I also had the moneyline on that game. That’s 2k from the spread before the game. 2k on the spread with live bet. And 1k on the moneyline. I also had games where I won over 1k on Liverpool and I believe I bet live on city scoring over 4.5 goals and had 1k there as well. If you’re keeping up that’s a significant portion of the 25k that I had accounted for just off memory.

My issue was that bookie kept saying these things but when I asked them to simply tell me which bets were invalid they didn’t provide me with any evidence. You’re asking me for betting history which I can’t access because of how they have it set up. Meanwhile there’s a complete refusal of any proof on their end when I know they can check history further back than 4 weeks.

Let’s say for the sake of argument that every single bet after the 2k deposit was on live lines or whatever they’re claiming. That still leaves the fact that they’re essentially stealing the 2k deposit and banning the account without providing any proof. I understand that you’re offended because in your eyes I somehow made SBR look bad but I was just providing updates for what was happening.

officertenpenny

I even said if you tell them to go check, you’ll see that every bet I’ve remembered here is going to be in the history but of course they won’t check that for you. There’s a reason they’ve been refusing to provide the complete bet history from the beginning. You’re putting the burden of proof on the wrong person here.

Lesson to be learned for everyone I guess. Don’t use MyBookie and make sure you record all your bets.

You could even get me back my deposit and the “handful” of winnings that I remembered and I’d be fine.
    Last edited by officertenpenny; 09-07-20 at 01:27 PM.

DontTailMe

Okay let’s clarify something. I was not saying SBR hasn’t helped me. I was just providing information on everything that has happened from start to finish. It was true that I didn’t get a response for 3 weeks after the initial response saying the MyBookie contact was looking into. It was also true that I emailed 3 times in those 3 weeks and didn’t receive a response. I even updated when I said I spoke to SBR and was told to wait for an email. Not once did I “make it seem like I was simply being ignored” I just presented the information as to what was happening.

And i was honest from the get go about examples of bets that were on bad lines like the Robert woods reception bet. And also, the thing with the pop ups where they tell you “this bet has been void because of a line error” being warnings. I didn’t thing that was a valid “warning”. That’s just them saying they messed up put up the wrong reception total and so I got my bet void. Again this is from last year that they’re essentially using to justify taking money.

Now to clarify about the “handful of bets” I remembered. I also mentioned in an earlier post that they don’t let you go back further than 4 weeks and since it’s been longer than that, I have to remember off the top of my head. Considering the account had over 25k you can imagine there were a lot of bets. Let’s start with my $2k deposit. I mentioned to the person that I remembered a bet during the Usman vs. masvidal fight because I won $2k on usman alone. And with other fights that night my total profit was at $3200. I also mentioned to him that I won $2k on madden sims alone one day. Then I mentioned to him that I max bet on Manchester United vs Bournemouth. I had the spread before the game started. Then when united went down 1-0 I live bet the max on the spread again. I also had the moneyline on that game. That’s 2k from the spread before the game. 2k on the spread with live bet. And 1k on the moneyline. I also had games where I won over 1k on Liverpool and I believe I bet live on city scoring over 4.5 goals and had 1k there as well. If you’re keeping up that’s a significant portion of the 25k that I had accounted for just off memory.

My issue was that bookie kept saying these things but when I asked them to simply tell me which bets were invalid they didn’t provide me with any evidence. You’re asking me for betting history which I can’t access because of how they have it set up. Meanwhile there’s a complete refusal of any proof on their end when I know they can check history further back than 4 weeks.

Let’s say for the sake of argument that every single bet after the 2k deposit was on live lines or whatever they’re claiming. That still leaves the fact that they’re essentially stealing the 2k deposit and banning the account without providing any proof. I understand that you’re offended because in your eyes I somehow made SBR look bad but I was just providing updates for what was happening.
    FWIW - As an outside observer, it didn’t feel to me like you were badmouthing SBR. I was willing to believe that this investigation was taking time, especially since it seemed from what you said that MyBookie wasn’t being very forthcoming. Now we know from Optional that that’s absolutely the case. Your story still sounds legit to me.

Why can’t MyBookie offer any evidence? OP says he got a few warnings via pop up only. MyBookie says he racked up $25,000 in stale live lines. Theres a HUGE difference there. Should be pretty easy for MyBookie to prove him wrong. And yeah, you’re at least due your deposit back, but I’m not comfortable saying that’s all you’re due because this whole situation still smells fishy.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-07-20 at 01:32 PM.

officertenpenny

FWIW - As an outside observer, it didn’t feel to me like you were badmouthing SBR. I was willing to believe that this investigation was taking time, especially since it seemed from what you said that MyBookie wasn’t being very forthcoming. Now we know from Optional that that’s absolutely the case. Your story still sounds legit to me.

Why can’t MyBookie offer any evidence? OP says he got a few warnings via pop up only. MyBookie says he racked up $25,000 in stale live lines. Theres a HUGE difference there. Should be pretty easy for MyBookie to prove him wrong. And yeah, you’re at least due your deposit back, but I’m not comfortable saying that’s all you’re due because this whole situation still smells fishy.
    Right I just keep getting told the same BS about racking up 25000 on stale lines. Alright so what about my deposit then? Very conveniently gets ignored every time I ask that. And I honestly wasn’t badmouthing anyone. Just providing updates of things as they happened because people asked for them.

Optional

Wow!!

Thank you sir!

Thanks Optional.

This is a GAME changer!
    I don't know if he cheated.

I do know he was told this by SBR and continued to post in this thread saying he was being ignored though.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

DontTailMe

I don't know if he cheated.

I do know he was told this by SBR and continued to post in this thread saying he was being ignored though.

That is all I have to say on the matter.
    Optional. I hope you'll look at his post again and reconsider. He was responding to a multiple users - including myself - who were asking for an update. And everything in his post is very factual. Nowhere is he complaining or saying "screw SBR, they won't help me!" The only negative inferences being made are those by the reader. There could be valid reasons for SBR to not reply for a period of time, perhaps as they try to work things out with the sportsbook. I think it would be unfair of SBR to say they will no longer help OP just because of this. I agree that there are times when claimants are disrespectful. Trust me - this is not one of them. it would be a shame to let MyBookie off the hook on what might be another huge theft simply because OP laid out the timeline for those wanting an update. This is exactly what they're hoping for. It's why their strategy of denying large payouts is worthwhile for them - because some % of their victims end up walking away.

Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-07-20 at 02:30 PM.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Alright so what about my deposit then?
    This

Optional

Optional. I hope you'll look at his post again and reconsider. He was responding to a multiple users - including myself - who were asking for an update.
    He could have given you an "update" explaining what was alleged if he had wanted to anytime between 6th August and my post today.

And I only responded due to the suggestion he had been waiting on SBR to get any sort of answer for this long. He hasn't been. He got that info within days of sending in his complaint.

jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3501

What stale live bet did you exactly abuse?

DontTailMe

He could have given you an "update" explaining what was alleged if he had wanted to anytime between 6th August and my post today.

And I only responded due to the suggestion he had been waiting on SBR to get any sort of answer for this long. He hasn't been. He got that info within days of sending in his complaint.
    It seems like there might be a misunderstanding here. I don't read his post to mean that he hadn't heard from you for that long, period. I understood it to mean that it had been that long since last time he heard from you and was hoping/expecting to hear more since he obviously can't provide a full history of his wagers. Does that get MyBookie off the hook?

I respectfully think you might be taking things a little to personally here. In my view, OP has been very courteous from the start. I've been a mod elsewhere on the web, and I do understand that being a mod can be a thankless job. I imagine especially so at a place like this where people are often upset about something. But I don't see those words as being from someone who was looking to trash SBR. I see words from someone who feels helpless and is sharing all the information he has in hopes that it will help his case. I know that sick feeling, as I've been there before. MyBookie has stolen from me too. At least in my case it didn’t coincide with me also losing my job due to COVID.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-07-20 at 03:45 PM.

officertenpenny

Alright I can post screenshots of the email correspondence if need be. But I will once again clarify. I never intended any disrespect or to say that I was being ignored by SBR on purpose. If it came across that way, I do apologize. Like someone else mentioned earlier, I was being asked for updates by multiple people and I just relayed truthfully what was going on. You keep mentioning this August 6th reply. Yes, I was told that mybookie told them I bet on stale lines and that's why the funds were confiscated. This isn't new information. This is the same thing they told me when I was in touch with them and I mentioned that when I opened this forum post. What you failed to mention is that the SBR rep also told me that they are working with a contact at MyBookie and that it's a slow process but I have to wait for an update. Which is exactly what I was doing; just waiting. I waited 3 weeks for that update. In that 3 weeks I replied back to the rep once a week asking if anything has been said. I didn't receive a response to those emails, which is what I said in my update posts when people asked. That's not a lie. I, in fact, did not get a response to those emails, which is when I contacted SBR again asking for an update.

All of this has been posted before in my updates. None of it is untrue. And none of it is meant to paint you in a bad light and I apologize if it offended you. I also don't understand why you keep saying I "got that info within days" as if that's new information or as if that was the end of the complaint. It was still being worked on and I was waiting. As such, I updated saying I was waiting and haven't heard back yet.

officertenpenny

It seems like there might be a misunderstanding here. I don't read his post to mean that he hadn't heard from you for that long, period. I understood it to mean that it had been that long since last time he heard from you and was hoping/expecting to hear more since he obviously can't provide a full history of his wagers. Does that get MyBookie off the hook?

I respectfully think you might be taking things a little to personally here. In my view, OP has been very courteous from the start. I've been a mod elsewhere on the web, and I do understand that being a mod can be a thankless job. I imagine especially so at a place like this where people are often upset about something. But I don't see those words as being from someone who was looking to trash SBR. I see words from someone who feels helpless and is sharing all the information he has in hopes that it will help his case. I know that sick feeling, as I've been there before. MyBookie has stolen from me too. At least in my case it didn’t coincide with me also losing my job due to COVID.
    I couldn't have summed it up any better. This is exactly the case. I apologize if my tone came off wrong or if i offended anyone. I just want to get to a resolution without stepping on any toes and maybe at least get some money back. That's really all there is to it.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Sounds like a problem with in play system and OP Knew it and took shots at it and ran up his balance.

If true I don’t blame the book.

Then again if book is making this up then they are the cheaters.

Only evidence can prove this. I wonder if they gave evidence to SBR or just stated it.

DontTailMe

Sounds like a problem with in play system and OP Knew it and took shots at it and ran up his balance.

If true I don’t blame the book.

Then again if book is making this up then they are the cheaters.

Only evidence can prove this. I wonder if they gave evidence to SBR or just stated it.
    Have you heard of MyBookie before? The bookie which is routinely caught stealing large account balances from players? I also feel like we're reading 2 completely different threads here. MyBookie has obviously not provided any evidence to support their claim or someone would have said so by now. In fact, here is what was stated:

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Have you heard of MyBookie before? The bookie which is routinely caught stealing large account balances from players? I also feel like we're reading 2 completely different threads here. MyBookie has obviously not provided any evidence to support their claim or someone would have said so by now. In fact, here is what was stated:
    Bottom line you nor I know the truth. The OP does

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GlazerGlass View Post
    No bottom line is Mybookie has evidence or they don't.

They are the ones that need to prove their case before stealing 25,000 from a player
    OP knows the truth

jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3501

With $25000 you can buy brand new Bling Bling car~

Let this be settled right way

If he is innocent pay da man.

If he is not, he shall burn~

DontTailMe

OP knows the truth
    Yeah, of course he knows the truth. So what are you getting at? Do you think he's lying? Look, if it comes down to MyBookie vs. random polite poster, I'm siding with random polite poster 100 times out of 100 until someone shows me MyBookie isn't scamming someone.....yet again.

But also, in this case, OP's description of what's going on makes a lot more sense because I'm familiar with how MyBookie behaves when you bet on late/stale lines, whether it be intentional or by mistake. They absolutely do give pop ups which you have to click through in order to continue playing at the site. And sites like MyBookie don't just let you rack up $25,000 worth of bets on late/stale lines. That's ridiculous to believe. One or a few and you're blocked or limited. It's much more likely that OP is telling the truth about being caught up in a couple bad lines a while ago, for far far less than $25,000, and MyBookie is using that as an excuse not to pay a large sum of legit winnings....like they ALWAYS do.

Why in the world would anyone side with MyCrookie without any evidence? Especially when the player's story is credible? It's mind boggling. MyBookie is levying serious allegations and handing down a very harsh punishment. They should be expected to show some sort of proof. It would be so simple for them to do in this case, and yet they haven't done it. Why?
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-08-20 at 12:12 AM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, of course he knows the truth. So what are you getting at? Do you think he's lying? Look, if it comes down to MyBookie vs. random polite poster, I'm siding with random polite poster 100 times out of 100 until someone shows me MyBookie isn't scamming someone.....yet again.

But also, in this case, OP's description of what's going on makes a lot more sense because I'm familiar with how MyBookie behaves when you bet on late/stale lines, whether it be intentional or by mistake. They absolutely do give pop ups which you have to click through in order to continue playing at the site. And sites like MyBookie don't just let you rack up $25,000 worth of bets on late/stale lines. That's ridiculous to believe. One or a few and you're blocked or limited. It's much more likely that OP is telling the truth about being caught up in a couple bad lines a while ago, for far far less than $25,000, and MyBookie is using that as an excuse not to pay a large sum of legit winnings....like they ALWAYS do.

Why in the world would anyone side with MyCrookie without any evidence? Especially when the player's story is credible? It's mind boggling. MyBookie is levying serious allegations and handing down a very harsh punishment. They should be expected to show some sort of proof.
    Wait your making an assumption he won most of his bets not on stale ines? He never said he won as a matter of fact he said he didn’t remember who he bet when asked.

I’d think I’d make some huge bets like I do I would definitely remember.

I hear what your saying. You believe the book has cheated people before. I don’t play there nor have I. So I really don’t know. However I am smart enough to know where there is smoke there is fire.

Lol

Him being nice has nothing to do with cheating.

DontTailMe

Wait your making an assumption he won most of his bets not on stale ines? He never said he won as a matter of fact he said he didn’t remember who he bet when asked.

I hear what your saying. You believe the book has cheated people before. I don’t play there nor have I. So I really don’t know. However I am smart enough to know where there is smoke there is fire.

Lol

What smoke? Seriously.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

What smoke? Seriously.
    Meaning others have also complained about not getting paid there.

Agree there may be some shady stuff going on over there.

DontTailMe

Meaning others have also complained about not getting paid there.

Agree there may be some shady stuff going on over there.
    Okay, my apologies. I got that backwards. Yes, the burden of proof is on MyBookie if they want to steal $25,000. Especially so because of their track record of trying to steal withdrawals of $10k+.

officertenpenny

Lol

If you scroll up to my response to optional, you’ll see that I listed quite a few bets that I did remember and they were all large bets. And accounted for over 10k. I think it’s unfair for you to just assume and conclude that I was cheating when I’ve done nothing but be transparent at every step of this.

First 1234 Last