rdalert447
    rdalert447's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Public Service Announcement for anyone thinking of opening a NYRA BETS account...,

They give away access to your checking account without your permission:

Last edited by Optional; 06-08-19 at 08:00 AM. Reason: removed link - explain here if you wish

rdalert447

Sorry. Wasn’t thinking when I posted a link to a rival forum. Will copy and paste for informational purposes.

rdalert447

NYRA enacted a new policy in October 2017 in regards to Express Funding Deposits, without notifying their customers. If your bank cancels a deposit to NYRA, you will automatically be sent to Collections, without so much as an email or phone call, and your wagering account will be locked. It happened to me yesterday.
    I made a series of small deposits between Oct 27 and 29. I guess my bank(TD) deemed them suspicious so they refused payment to NYRA on the final one($63). I was unaware of this, so was shocked when I tried to log on to my account, only to find it locked. Contacted NYRA, who immediately transferred me to collections. Their newly contracted collection company didn’t have any info on it, so I had to hang up and call NYRA again. I got a Team Leader on the phone, who told me there’s nothing she could do since their new policy requires the account to immediately go into collections. All along I was in front of a CVS and offered twice to ** them the $63 plus whatever fees were involved. I was refused twice. So I sent an angry email to NYRA, that was finally answered late afternoon. It said I had to call the collection agency since “ a new resolution” was able to be worked out. I emailed NYRA back explaining how disgusted I was with them, and that I refused to deal with their collection agency since I was never notified of this change to my account. Again, I offered to ** them the $63 plus any fees. Still waiting for an answer. I’ve finally given up on NYRA and will be looking elsewhere. Just wanted to put a “heads up” out here if anyone has their checking account linked to their NYRABETS account.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

agree,they are horrible with security

rdalert447

Re: NYRABETS-Word of Warning

Re: NYRABETS-Word of Warning

Update:
    Looked at my bank account this morning and after ignoring my emails all day yesterday, NYRA withdrew the $63 from my checking account. No problem there. Then I noticed a $25 charge from PAYLIANCE, their new collections agency. Now, I’ve made it clear to NYRA over the last three days that I’m not happy they snuck these new terms into my account without notice, and that I want nothing to do with their collection agency, yet NYRA has apparently given them access to my checking account, without my permission or any notice. So that charge is getting disputed with my bank today. I expected there to be a fee from NYRA, but there’s no way I’m allowing a shady collection agency to withdraw money from my account without permission.

Last edited by Optional; 06-09-19 at 04:54 PM. Reason: link

rdalert447

Re: NYRABETS - Word of Warning

If anyone uses the EXPRESS FUNDING feature of their NYRABETS account, this is their contact page:

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/about/contact-us

Simply ask them two questions:

1. If my bank declines a deposit, will I immediately be sent into collections without any notice?

2. If that happens will the collection agency be given access to my checking account without my permission?

Last edited by Optional; 06-09-19 at 04:55 PM. Reason: link

rdalert447

Update II

Since my last update on Nov 3, I've emailed NYRA at least 6 times, asking why they gave this collection agency access to my checking account without my permission. All emails have gone unanswered. I've called at least 5 times. Each time I was told an Account Leader would call me back. No one has. I even tried their live chat on NYRABETS.COM. The customer service agent entered the chat, saw my concern, and left the chat without responding. It's beginning to feel like I'm dealing with an overseas sports book circa 2005. Beware.

Last edited by Optional; 06-09-19 at 04:55 PM. Reason: link

rdalert447

Update III

My bank refunded me the $25 that Payliance withdrew from my checking account, concluding they did not have permission or authority to access the account. I'm sure the battle with Payliance isn't over, though. These shady collection agencies do not give up easily. I've emailed NYRA again, telling them I'm willing to send the fees directly to them if they wish. I still haven't heard back from my other combined 11 emails and calls, so this morning I made a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission Office of the Inspector General. I only did that because I know if it happened to me, it's happening to other people.

If anyone hears of this happening to someone else, please direct them to this thread or to PM me. This is the website for the NYS GAMING COMMISION OIG, if anyone needs it to make a complaint:

https://www.gaming.ny.gov/gamingIG.php

rdalert447

Update IV
    Surprisingly have not heard one thing from Payliance since disputing their charge. Have not heard one word from NYRA either, despite 11 attempts by me early on. My NYRABETS account has since been reactivated by them. I've left .07 cents in there and have been using the account for free replays only. That's the one thing they do right. Find it odd that the collections agency gave up so easily(thus far). It's like NYRA and Payliance knew they shouldn't be doing this stuff, and just want to pretend it never happened.
    The happy by-product of this event is my discovering of Betamerica, thanks to Richsox. The thing I like best about them is you can choose to withdraw by check for free, the money comes out of your balance immediately and you receive it in the mail within 3-5 business days. Gives me a few days to savor a win without being able to lose it back in degen mode. Plus it's always cool to receive a check that says CHURCHILL DOWNS on it.

rdalert447

This is my complaint to the Better Business Bureau and Payliance response:

rdalert447

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]09/19/2018[/COLOR]

On 10/27/17, I made a $63 deposit via my TD Checing account to NYRABETS, a legal horse racing betting account. On 11/1/17, I discovered the deposit was declined by my bank due to insufficient funds. Totally my fault. Once I realized it on 11/1/17, I immediately contacted NYRABETS to straighten it out. I was told by Account manager "Q" that due to recent changes to all NYRABETS accounts, my account had been suspended and immediately sent to their Collection Agency, Payliance. This was news to me as I was never informed of changes to my account. Nonetheless, I contacted NYRABETS several times over the next week via phone, email, and their live chat feature on their website to try to pay them what I owed($63) plus any fees($25). No one would return my emails or calls. Several days later, NYRABETS withdrew the $63 from my TD Checking account, which I was happy about. My real concern was that a few days after that, Payliance withdrew $25 from the same account,even though I never authorized them to access my account. So for about a year now, I have been emailing both companies, requesting proof that Payliance ever had my permission to access my checking account and proof that NYRABETS had my permission to give that access away, to no avail. I finally received a few return emails from NYRABETS two days ago claiming they "reserve the right" to collect fees in any matter they choose. My argument is no reasonable person would ever agree to have their checking information released to a third party without their consent, especially after their account terms were changed without notice. I also noticed that Payliance put a negative report on my credit report one week ago. I disputed it with Experian, and Experian removed it in three hours, which has to be some sort of record. To this day, I am willing to pay NYRA the $25 fee they require for a returned payment, I just refuse to pay a shady third party collection agency that accessed my account without my permission, after terms of my NYRABETS account were changed without my knowledge or notification. On top of that, I'm making this complaint because I know if it happened to me, it has potentially happened to hundreds of people. NYRABETS customers deserve to know that their checking account information is not secure.

rdalert447

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]10/04/2018

[/COLOR]
    Thank you for the opportunity to respond to the above-referenced consumer complaint.
    This complaint concerns an overdue balance that was placed into collections at Payliance by the New York Racing Association for outstanding funds in the consumer’s name. The outstanding balance concerned funds used for wagers in New York Racing Association’s online betting portal, NYRAbets. Payliance is under contract with New York Racing Association to collect on outstanding funds owed to the business and, upon receipt of the consumer’s balance for collections, a dunning notice was mailed to the consumer’s attention at **** ****** *** *** ****** ******** ** ***** on November 2, 2017.
    Per the agreement all NYRAbets users must agree to upon creation of a NYRAbets account, New York Racing Association is authorized to recover past-due funds and fees from the consumer should a deposit into a NYRAbets account become outstanding. New York Racing Association contracts Payliance to re-present the outstanding balances to consumers’ bank accounts for collections. Upon receipt of Mr. ************* balance for collections on November 2, 2018, Payliance presented the $63.00 outstanding balance as well as a $25.00 return fee to Mr. ************* bank account for payment. The $63.00 cleared the consumer’s account and was applied to the corresponding collections account #*******. The $25.00 fee had initially cleared the consumer’s bank account but was later reversed by Mr. ************* bank and remains outstanding. Eventually, the $25.00 fee was reported to the credit bureaus.
    In response to this complaint, we have agreed to comply with the consumer’s requests. The remaining $25.00 returned check fee has been waived as a courtesy and the account is now considered paid-in-full. Notices have also been sent to Equifax, Experian, and Transunion to have the account removed from Mr. ************* credit report—we ask that the consumer please allow up to 5 business days for this action to reflect upon his report. Going forward, Payliance will work with New York Racing Association to ensure consumers are aware of potential collections procedures and incurred fees as a result of outstanding balances.
    Please feel free to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

rdalert447

So it took me one year to resolve this and clear my credit report. All over $25, or $88 depending on how you look at it. Either amount which I was willing to resolve three days after the initial deposit, but was refused by NYRA. And they’re still doing it:

rdalert447

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Some dude named Cody:

05/18/2019

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]I owe Payliance $75 for a bounced check from NYRA BETS and a $25 fee, when I looked at my email a day ago I noticed that there was another attempt at collecting $25 from my checking account WHICH I NEVER GAVE PERMISSION TO GO INTO!!!!!! on 5/15 around 5:00 PM I checked my email and it stated "Your Payment wasn't completed" I NEVER GAVE PAYLIANCE THE GO AHEAD TO DO GET MY BANK ACCOUNT Information . Now I feel like I owe them more than the ORIGINAL amount!!!! Shady practices by this company. I have a mind to file a complaint with BBB on Payliance[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8510

Something's not right here.

This is a common occurrence-- banks blocking out of suspicion. This should be settled with a simple re-process, no fees or penalties necessary.
    UNLESS if it was NSF.
    ¿Why horseplayer offering to pay fee if it was bank's fault?

If no NSF, i woulda gotten NYRA president involved, forget about any phone team leaders.

NYRA might be obligated to proceed thusly under statute: NYRWB regulations are stiff(and NY State doesn't care for NYRA)-- this situation, if not resolved immediately falls under wagering on credit- and possibly under problem gambling(addiction) regs, two bugaboos.

rdalert447

It was my fault. That’s why I was willing to pay the $25 fee. Originally thought bank blocked it out of suspicion, but I ****** up the math. Only returned payment in the entire time I was with them. 15 years maybe? My argument was two-fold:
    (1) They changed the terms of my account without notification.

NYRA enacted a new policy in October 2017 in regards to Express Funding Deposits, without notifying their customers. If your bank cancels a deposit to NYRA, you will automatically be sent to Collections, without so much as an email or phone call”
    (2) They allowed a third party, Payliance, to go into my checking account and withdraw money. Again, without my permission.

Two supervisors from NYRA BETS and one from Payliance confirmed to me that the moment any player chooses the Express Funding option with NYRA, NYRA immediately turns over the players checking account access to Payliance.

Last edited by rdalert447; 06-09-19 at 06:44 AM.

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8510

Thanks for the update. That makes everything clearer. My condolences.

rdalert447

Huge card Saturday. Deposit elsewhere, preferably outside the pools.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Just want to expand on NYRA bets as somebody who has tried many horse racing legal sites.
    1)They do not answer emails- ever
    2)Their rebate point system is awful. Over $7500 bet = $10 in rebates. Just wow
    3)Good luck getting a payout. I had to set up a checking deposit and even after waiting I still cannot take money out. Good luck getting a check as you have to fax in a withdrawal slip.
    They are a complete joke. I am just betting my remaining $200 as I will never see it anyway.

potamushippo
    potamushippo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9163

Also, supposedly, subject to NY State dormant / abandoned funds laws. If you don't use for awhile they send a warning, which can be missed, then State gets your balance. However, Empire doesn't do this though.
    Stronach, which also includes drfbets, starts charging a monthly fee after a period of non use.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

I get payouts from NYRA bets often and made many deposits via ACH. I don't bet like the whales so the points are not an issue as I noticed they do expire. I have been with them for years and never had a problem.

bfl1000
    bfl1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2148

In 2018 I used ACH with NYRA bets. That day I won like 2 large on a pick 3. However I had NSF, so my account was suspended. I called CS and they said I would have to pay the outstanding amount plus fees to Payliance. So I called Payliance and I paid. My account was re-activated and I transferred my winnings to the NYRA Discover card.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I had simmiliar issues within 1 week of sign up. they have the worst CS out of all the USA ADW's