winner9
    winner9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

pinnacle joke???

So,

I took yesterday bet on Goztepe-Sivasspor game.

Bet has been won and after i checked my balance at the end of the game, i realised it has been voided.
    Contacted them and got this reply:

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be informed that your wager was cancelled due to VAR. (​Soccer Rules for Live Betting 29.20)

Any live wager made prior to the time of a decision of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) which conflicts with the original decision (or non-decision, such as allowing play to continue after a possible infraction before reviewing the video) by the official on the field will be treated as void if the odds offered on that specific wager are materially affected by the VAR decision.​

There was a foul at 11:29:18 AM PST that was reviewed thru VAR and a Penalty was awarded.
    Your wager which was placed at 11:29:18 AM PST was materially affected by the VAR decision and was therefor voided.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

So my question is, what can i do, if after i took the bet, 10 seconds later there was penalty awarded?
    I am so sure, as i watched it live and followed at bet365, that 10 seconds after the bet has been confirmed, everything happened than.
    I said that to them, they tell no, we checked bla bla.

Other joke is, that they even didn't informed me for ex. that the bet has been cancelled via e-mail.
    I had to understand it by myself after the end of the game.
    One of the worst experiences with pinnacle for sure!

winner9

Tom R.
    Tom R.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3934

You placed bet before or after foul?

winner9

Quote Originally Posted by Tom R. View Post
    You placed bet before or after foul?
    as far as i checked at bet365, after i placed, the odds were opened for 10 seconds
    according pinnacle, it was at same time
    if it was same time, how the bet has been accepted than???
    usually it's rejected if something like that happens but they refuse to correct their mistake

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Although you should consider the transmission delay, I'm basically siding with you. If they accept the bet, it must stand. It's their job to make sure the spotter closes the betting window in dangerous situations. Don't accept a bet until you're 100% sure that the ball is out of danger zones. It's as simple as that.

winner9

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Although you should consider the transmission delay, I'm basically siding with you. If they accept the bet, it must stand. It's their job to make sure the spotter closes the betting window in dangerous situations. Don't accept a bet until you're 100% sure that the ball is out of danger zones. It's as simple as that.
    exactly that's the case
    at sportmarket i tried it many many times to take bets at VAR situation, it kept danger 2-3 minutes and later failed ofc
    so now bet has been accepted, they will not pay me?
    get the penetrate off

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2242

I think they are saying, the ref ignored the penalty and they carried on playing (no danger)... BUT the player will have an advantage as they know MAYBE this will go to VAR and they put a bet in.

still wrong, but i kind of see their point, but they should suspend.

cashin81
    hvob

Reading again, then no its not that because they are saying you bet at the same second of the foul.

I think they are using a rule that doesnt apply to you.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Any live wager made prior to the time of a decision of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) which conflicts with the original decision (or non-decision, such as allowing play to continue after a possible infraction before reviewing the video) by the official on the field will be treated as void if the odds offered on that specific wager are materially affected by the VAR decision.​

A wager was made before a VAR decision that materially affected the odds, wasn't it?

Do you think that is NOT the case Winner?

Does anyone think that is not true?

cashin81
    hvob

I think it depends on if play was stopped for VAR check, like normal. He should be paid as they should have suspended odds.
    or if play continued (ref said no pen, no check) and was overturned after they carried on playing and odds were live.

But Im not sure if that happens, ref says no and carry on playing...then overturned. I Think early on in var, I saw it once.

winner9

odds were quite normal and as said, after i placed the bet and accepted, i checked at bet365 and 10secs odds were opened and closed for foul
    pinnacle says not, at your taking time was taken blabla

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11730

Did you place the bet with Pinnacle or with Bet365?

winner9

with pinnacle of course, just followed at bet365 the game

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11730

How can you make any deductions looking at the Bet365's stream?

Pinnacle is usually very fair and understanding and if there is any chance that you are correct, they would go extra mile to help you out as we have see multiple times that they are quite fair towards customers. This was simply edge case scenario and if you want to make a case, try to find a online video of the game and find when was the VAR initiated and how events unfolded.

Providing claims that "everything was fine for 10 seconds on BET365 stream" will not be of any help to you.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    I think it depends on if play was stopped for VAR check, like normal. He should be paid as they should have suspended odds.
    or if play continued (ref said no pen, no check) and was overturned after they carried on playing and odds were live.

But Im not sure if that happens, ref says no and carry on playing...then overturned. I Think early on in var, I saw it once.
    From the Pinny explanation he bet before the VAR intervened. And VAR made a decision which materially changed the odds, a penalty kick.

I'm not sure anything else matters really?

The rule is about a VAR intervention altering the odds that would have been offered at that moment.

I guess Winner is questioning if he bet early enough to be subject to the rule. I'm not sure how he could show that if the incident feed says otherwise.

cashin81
    hvob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_KjyvdX5A

Not sure which penalty is in question... but the first there was a foul @ 26:40, I think the ref says NO pen Now i dunno if they carried on playing or not.... then ref checks VAR and he changes his mind.... pen is taken @ 30.30. so there is a 4 min window.
    so it did "conflict the original decision"

Last penalty was normal, dont think it went to var.

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    From the Pinny explanation he bet before the VAR intervened. And VAR made a decision which materially changed the odds, a penalty kick.

I'm not sure anything else matters really?

The rule is about a VAR intervention altering the odds that would have been offered at that moment.

I guess Winner is questioning if he bet early enough to be subject to the rule. I'm not sure how he could show that if the incident feed says otherwise.
    Because the rule says it has to conflict with original decision...
    VAR can be requested by the ref, (no conflict) or VAR can ask the ref (conflict), and i didnt know which.

Optional

Because the rule says it has to conflict with original decision...
    VAR can be requested by the ref, (no conflict) or VAR can ask the ref (conflict), and i didnt know which.
    Not sure it matters who asks for a check really. If VAR makes any decision different to field officials I think it meets the definition of conflicting with the original "non-decison".

But haven't come across that argument before to be sure.

cashin81
    hvob

Not sure it matters who asks for a check really. If VAR makes any decision different to field officials I think it meets the definition of conflicting with the original "non-decison".

But haven't come across that argument before to be sure.
    VAR cant make the final decision, it can only ask/advise the ref to look.
    I mention it because I dont think pinnacle are leaving odds open for every var check. Its easy to suspend odds for VAR check, just like a goal.
    But its harder to suspend, if the ref says no pen and doesnt ask for VAR - so i thought the rule is for the less obvious cases... not all vars.

winner9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_KjyvdX5A

Not sure which penalty is in question... but the first there was a foul @ 26:40, I think the ref says NO pen Now i dunno if they carried on playing or not.... then ref checks VAR and he changes his mind.... pen is taken @ 30.30. so there is a 4 min window.
    so it did "conflict the original decision"

Last penalty was normal, dont think it went to var.
    mate, everything was perfect
    they cancel the bet, i dont receive email for it
    is it normal???

I can understand them, if they would inform me at halftime as they voided according them at halftime the bet, but they didn't make it.
    It's abnormal, sorry for saying but they are kidding just

jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3501

[QUOTE=winner9;29591218]mate, everything was perfect
    is it normal???

I can understand them, if they would inform me at halftime as they voided according them at halftime the bet, but they didn't make it.
    It's abnormal, sorry for saying but they are kidding just[/QUOTE

If you can understand them, than I don't think you should be calling them a joke lol

I would call them a joke if they are outright trying to scam me.

In this case I don't think so

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by winner9 View Post
    mate, everything was perfect
    is it normal???

It's abnormal, sorry for saying but they are kidding just
    How can everything be "perfect" if you understand them if they voided ht?

Why would you understand if they voided at half time?

Optional

His English isn't perfect. Don't pick him apart.

He just thinks it is unusual he did not get an email alert at the time and is venting that it feels sus. I don't agree but understand how he feels.

winner9

His English isn't perfect. Don't pick him apart.

He just thinks it is unusual he did not get an email alert at the time and is venting that it feels sus. I don't agree but understand how he feels.
    Exactly as Opti said.
    If you void a bet, you should inform your customer at least that this bet has been voided.
    I still think that this bet is wrong voided, but i can't make anything after i wrote them couple of times.
    Anyway, filled out complaint there, maybe it helps to get good result.

cashin81
    hvob

Exactly as Opti said.
    If you void a bet, you should inform your customer at least that this bet has been voided.
    I still think that this bet is wrong voided, but i can't make anything after i wrote them couple of times.
    Best of luck.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

A+ books like Pinni are not supposed to void live bets once the bet turns from WAITING to RUNNING status. Once a live bet is RUNNING, it shouldn't matter if there is a foul, penalty, free kick or whatever a second or a minute later. The bet stands. If they can't handle late bets, they should expand their waiting window.

Otherwise live trading becomes a farce.

winner9

Hope SBR can reach them out and ask what's the reason for this void

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Exactly as Opti said.
    I agree with you that this SHOULD be standard practice. But in reality, most books DO NOT inform you when they void a bet. Just as bad, they do not inform you when they change a grade.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

You were in a lose-lose spot. If you lost the bet would have stood as a loss. I got free rolled at Pinnacle a couple years ago. Contacted them right away after I realized I late posted and they ignored me until the game was over.

winner9

And just now, they disabled multiple selections for me
    I am able to place just single bets, even not multiple on champions league soccer
    Receive this error, someone had such experience??

Betting Disabled

This account is not authorised for betting. Please contact your upline if you require any further information.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

I thibk you try cheating Pinnacle. You saw foul and you know they have VAR in Turkey, so you had angle there. Now they cancel bet following the rules. Why they didnt send you mail explaining why they voided bet, because they have this paragraph in their rules...

winner9

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    I thibk you try cheating Pinnacle. You saw foul and you know they have VAR in Turkey, so you had angle there. Now they cancel bet following the rules. Why they didnt send you mail explaining why they voided bet, because they have this paragraph in their rules...
    Are you kidding me???
    I try to cheat one of the biggest bookmakers in the world???
    I even didn't watch goztepe-sivasspor game, so where did i saw that foul???
    And you know that betradar has the streams 4-5 seconds before TV broadcasting?
    If you don't have idea, please stop to tell shit things.

cashin81
    hvob

"I am so sure, as i watched it live"

winner9

"I am so sure, as i watched it live"
    i watched it live after i placed the bet, hard to understand?

cashin81
    hvob

yes it is actually. This is what you wrote. You didnt mention you only watched it AFTER you placed a 1.1k bet.
    So anyone reading will assume you were watching the game BEFORE you placed a 1.1k bet as this makes more sense.

I am so sure, as i watched it live

I even didn't watch goztepe-sivasspor game, so where did i saw that foul

12 Last