TopNotch
    TopNotch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

New MLB rules at BOL

Apologies if this has been posted already but BOL rules now state that for MLB all games must go the distance for action instead of the usual 5 innings. Any reason why they changed this? Are they the only book to make this change?

jemcrowne
    Money is Time
    jemcrowne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 478

BOL?

TopNotch
    TopNotch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Quote Originally Posted by jemcrowne View Post
    BOL?
    betonline. And sportsbetting I assume too.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16709

Bookmaker and its sister books made this same change earlier. Also, no listed pitchers--games are action at the price you take.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

That sucks

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Just checked two "A" rated Sbr books. Business as usual for baseball at those places "Listed pitchers available" and the same normal grading rules, with games being official after five innings Glad I have both books for Mlb

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Just checked two "A" rated Sbr books. Business as usual for baseball at those places "Listed pitchers available" and the same normal grading rules, with games being official after five innings Glad I have both books for Mlb
    I'm guessing this is exactly why these books made the change they did.

Once US licensed books started using the new style rule it opened the offshores up to be exploited.

I'd guess all offshores will move to this rule once the sharps start hitting them instead of BOL & BM

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'm guessing this is exactly why these books made the change they did.

Once US licensed books started using the new style rule it opened the offshores up to be exploited.

I'd guess all offshores will move to this rule once the sharps start hitting them instead of BOL & BM
    I would have to imagine sharps prefer getting locked into a price regardless of pitcher but what do I know. I feel listed pitchers protects the books more than the players as a general rule.

I think this new rule may have more to do with last minute "openers" than anything else.