1. #1
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 8
    Betpoints: 96

    NBA Futures

    Is the assumption that 5d and Intertops will handle NBA division futures the same way as NHL?
    I hope people hammer 5d on social media and on forums for being the shittiest of the lot. A lot of books are giving players the benefit of the doubt and paying winners and refunding the losers or at least just refunding everything.
    Last edited by hank_kingsley; 07-09-20 at 09:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,343
    Betpoints: 3519

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    Is the assumption that 5d and Intertops will handle NBA division futures the same way?

    I hope people hammer 5d on social media and on forums for being the shittiest of the lot. A lot of books are giving players the benefit of the doubt and paying winners and refunding the losers or at least just refunding everything.
    What are you talking about here Hank?? 5Dimes already paid them out.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #3
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 8
    Betpoints: 96

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What are you talking about here Hank?? 5Dimes already paid them out.
    5d already paid out NBA division futures? My account begs to differ. Can take some screen shots if you want to see them all pending.
    Last edited by hank_kingsley; 07-09-20 at 09:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,343
    Betpoints: 3519

    Oh I see. Moved your post out of the thread about NHL to avoid further confusion.

    Don't know what either will do with NBA yet
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #5
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 8
    Betpoints: 96

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Oh I see. Moved your post out of the thread about NHL to avoid further confusion.

    Don't know what either will do with NBA yet
    Gotcha. Yeah unfortunately I've got a bunch of pending NBA division futures at different books, and their different policies could make it a shitshow. A bunch of my hedges are at 5d, so if they play things straight and pay winners/lose losers I'd get shafted because if my winners at other books just get refunded it leaves me with a push and a loss rather than a win to offset a loss or two pushes. All of a sudden it becomes really important which bet is at which book and it could cost me 5 figures.

    Bovada already paid some NBA division winners...at least they paid Miami Heat since they're out of reach, and others have said that Bovada has refunded the losers as well which is great.

    I'm just hoping the Intertops also pays NBA division futures like they did NHL but hadn't heard anything.

    I understand if 5d is just going to follow their policy, but when a lot of other books are voiding losers and adopting a really player-friendly policy with futures it makes 5d look shitty in comparison. Add in their BTC exclusive fiasco and it's really soured me on 5d quite a bit.

  6. #6
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    betonline is still saying they are waiting on NBA to make a decision to refund divisional bets. NBA made a decision a very long time ago. seeing that they deleted the 80+ game language from their TOS, they better not be waiting for the NBA to 'decide' to declare the NBA division winners as winners and then grade based on that. whatever is going on, betonline is being very slow and borderline shady at best. they can't respond to emails, and can't figure out really simple problems, but they can delete language from their TOS which is effecting a certain situation that they should've graded already. not stopping them from calling me on the phone every time my account hits 0 either.

  7. #7
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    betonline is still saying they are waiting on NBA to make a decision to refund divisional bets. NBA made a decision a very long time ago. seeing that they deleted the 80+ game language from their TOS, they better not be waiting for the NBA to 'decide' to declare the NBA division winners as winners and then grade based on that. whatever is going on, betonline is being very slow and borderline shady at best. they can't respond to emails, and can't figure out really simple problems, but they can delete language from their TOS which is effecting a certain situation that they should've graded already. not stopping them from calling me on the phone every time my account hits 0 either.
    If they are looking to honor their posted rule of 80 games nba/77 for nhl, they have gone about it in the most bizarre way possible!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  8. #8
    BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-14-12
    Posts: 2,058
    Betpoints: 171

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    Is the assumption that 5d and Intertops will handle NBA division futures the same way as NHL?
    I hope people hammer 5d on social media and on forums for being the shittiest of the lot. A lot of books are giving players the benefit of the doubt and paying winners and refunding the losers or at least just refunding everything.
    Hey Now!

  9. #9
    MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-29-17
    Posts: 930
    Betpoints: 432

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    I'm just hoping the Intertops also pays NBA division futures like they did NHL but hadn't heard anything.
    Intertops actually No Actioned all NHL division bets, which was bad for me but I think it was the right call.

    I was shocked when 5d paid NHL "division winners" despite the NHL specifically saying it wouldn't name division champs and with three divisions within 3 points or less (one division was 1 pt). So the Avs somehow "lost" their division to the Blues despite being only 2 pts down with one fewer game played?!?

    5D can usually be counted on not to pull shady shit, but not this time.


    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Hey Now!
    Heh, heh, heh.

  10. #10
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,010
    Betpoints: 437

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    Intertops actually No Actioned all NHL division bets, which was bad for me but I think it was the right call.

    I was shocked when 5d paid NHL "division winners" despite the NHL specifically saying it wouldn't name division champs and with three divisions within 3 points or less (one division was 1 pt). So the Avs somehow "lost" their division to the Blues despite being only 2 pts down with one fewer game played?!?

    5D can usually be counted on not to pull shady shit, but not this time.




    Heh, heh, heh.
    Really? This thread made it sound like Intertops was reversing that decision and paying out NHL division leaders.

    https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...n-futures.html

  11. #11
    MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-29-17
    Posts: 930
    Betpoints: 432

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Really? This thread made it sound like Intertops was reversing that decision and paying out NHL division leaders.

    https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...n-futures.html
    What an excellent post to read. Thanks, brother.

    And a big hat tip to Itops for not regrading the NA'd non division leaders into losses. That was a real class move.

Top