1. #36
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    I don't think I explained very well for him. Just assumed he would work it out.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  2. #37
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    What I was trying to say above is that he probably thinks he did follow the instructions. Optiona said "Post", which doesn't necessarily = "Embed". He did post it.
    I thought I was told it was not possible to post attachments so I posted them to the site that Optional recommended. Were they not accessible? I checked myself and thought they were. I also sent all the attachments to Help@sportsbookreview.com so hopefully they are helping my case.

  3. #38
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    why did you say you are African American? did they specifically say they are not paying you based on skin color?

    also, i doubt you get a dime. the wording is in the link. granted it is shady as fcuk and I feel for you but that is there to avoid paying winners.

    Isn't Slots.lv related to Bovada which is rated A+? Why should they be hiding rules and acting 'shady' to "avoid paying winners?"

  4. #39
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeRun35 View Post
    That struck me as weird but what's also bizarre is how formally every post is written. It takes a special kind of degen to run up 30k in online slots in a short period of time. And even more so on their first time ever online gambling(at 38 no less?). That type of person normally doesn't write every post in the form of a term paper. Someone at that level degeneracy likely would've gambled online before too. He also did a bunch of research before depositing, never gambled online before, and decides on the site with no brand recognition whatsoever? I don't know what that angle means or if there is even an angle here but the whole thing just smells funny. If he's been wronged I do hope it gets resolved
    I don't know how to respond here. Is there something wrong with my writing? Is there some reason I should not be writing clearly and to the point? I'd like to think my writing is clear and to the point.

    What can I say about the slots run I had. I started to hit and raised my wager and hit and hit and raised again and didn't stop hitting. The run of a lifetime.

    Does slots.lv really have no brand name recognition? They are 4 star rated at WizardOfOdds and I have read they are affiliated with Bovada who is A+ on this site. As far as I could tell, they had the best bonuses and no maximum wager rule (which is what I was looking for) among the best rated casinos. Their affiliation to Bovada was a very strong selling point for me.

    Did I do something wrong?

  5. #40
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    the well typed responses and proper thanking at the end sounds funny. then the emails are not going thru to send a complaint. he also can't load the images on the board but has a seperate link to click to see images. why all of this fuss?
    I followed (or thought I did) the exact instructions to post attachments that Optional told me.

    Why would you expect the responses would not be well typed? I don't understand.
    Have members been able to see the loaded images on that site? If you have seen them, do you not think I have a very strong reason to be paid if this is an honorable relative of Bovada?

    By the way, I see that thepogg affiliate site also specifically lists no maximum wager for slots.lv (I sent this to sportsbookreview).

  6. #41
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this part either. Why would anyone at the book even know he's black?
    I had sent in my documents before they started giving me a hard time and the run around with the phone calls. Maybe it had nothing to do with my skin color, but, to be honest, I am wondering if that has anything to do with the criticism I'm receiving on this forum for having clear and well typed posts.

  7. #42
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,064
    Betpoints: 498

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I thought I was told it was not possible to post attachments so I posted them to the site that Optional recommended. Were they not accessible? I checked myself and thought they were. I also sent all the attachments to Help@sportsbookreview.com so hopefully they are helping my case.
    You cannot post attachments, but if you have a URL to a photo on another site, you can embed it in your post as an image using the toolbar buttons in the post editor. As I figured, you were simply unaware of this. People can access your pic just fine - it only requires extra clicks, that's all.

  8. #43
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post

    I had sent in my documents before they started giving me a hard time and the run around with the phone calls. Maybe it had nothing to do with my skin color, but, to be honest, I am wondering if that has anything to do with the criticism I'm receiving on this forum for having clear and well typed posts.
    I consider myself anti-racist in general. And I thought it was a weird thing to say in your complaint post, without some direct evidence like a comment from staff. Anyway, don't worry about it, I'd guess most, or many, offshore employees are also non-white. Discrimination is not a thing we hear about happening to players offshore. Well if you are female or Eastern European you might experience some, but that is based on groups scamming the books.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  9. #44
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I consider myself anti-racist in general. And I thought it was a weird thing to say in your complaint post, without some direct evidence like a comment from staff. Anyway, don't worry about it, I'd guess most, or many, offshore employees are also non-white. Discrimination is not a thing we hear about happening to players offshore. Well if you are female or Eastern European you might experience some, but that is based on groups scamming the books.
    Thanks for the response and the explanation.

    Is there any update at all in my complaint?

  10. #45
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post

    Thanks for the response and the explanation.

    Is there any update at all in my complaint?
    If help@ have not responded, maybe try sending from a different email address. As I never received anything from you either.

    But after re-reading that response from Slots.lv I doubt we could do much for you. 1) We normally do not handle casino complaints as we do not have the required expertise and 2) They sound very firm about what they think their legal position is and if you have already had a lawyer respond I doubt they are going to just change mind now if we ask for a review.



    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  11. #46
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    Isn't Slots.lv related to Bovada which is rated A+? Why should they be hiding rules and acting 'shady' to "avoid paying winners?"
    they act shady cause they don't want to pay. not all ratings mean everything is perfect sadly. even if related doesn't mean they want to be making big payouts. the player is always screwed is how i always think.

  12. #47
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I had sent in my documents before they started giving me a hard time and the run around with the phone calls. Maybe it had nothing to do with my skin color, but, to be honest, I am wondering if that has anything to do with the criticism I'm receiving on this forum for having clear and well typed posts.
    your race is a non factor in how we "expect" you to type on here and also with you not getting your winnings. it is weird to bring up race cause books see $$ as someone said, they don't see color. they will screw anyone, some even their own mother, if it meant keeping payouts from players.

    not many come on a gambling board and type as eloquently as you do, that is all. we are not used to it.

  13. #48
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I don't know how to respond here. Is there something wrong with my writing? Is there some reason I should not be writing clearly and to the point? I'd like to think my writing is clear and to the point.

    What can I say about the slots run I had. I started to hit and raised my wager and hit and hit and raised again and didn't stop hitting. The run of a lifetime.

    Does slots.lv really have no brand name recognition? They are 4 star rated at WizardOfOdds and I have read they are affiliated with Bovada who is A+ on this site. As far as I could tell, they had the best bonuses and no maximum wager rule (which is what I was looking for) among the best rated casinos. Their affiliation to Bovada was a very strong selling point for me.

    Did I do something wrong?
    don't assume any online casinos are legit and assume when a site promotes a book or casino they are probably getting some money from those sites. go by peer reviews and feedback.

  14. #49
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    What I'd hoped for

    I did not necessarily think Slots.lv would simply change their mind. What I was hoping for was a ruling in my favor that their rules are unreasonably hidden and that the right thing to do would be to honor my cashout and that the negative publicity or potential downgrading of their sister site Bovada would make them reconsider their ruling.

    I am really confused how my emails were not received as well. I sent over 12 attachments in favor of my case. I've never had a problem before with this email.
    Last edited by PSmyth; 08-02-20 at 12:19 AM.

  15. #50
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 112
    Betpoints: 633

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    After reading Optional's response about casinos, maybe it's best I take my complaint elsewhere.

    I did not necessarily think Slots.lv would simply change their mind. What I was hoping for was a ruling in my favor that their rules are unreasonably hidden and that the right thing to do would be to honor my cashout and that the negative publicity or potential downgrading of their sister site Bovada would make them reconsider their ruling.

    I am really confused how my emails were not received as well. I sent over 12 attachments in favor of my case.
    I doubt bovada will get downgraded because of this incident lol

  16. #51
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I did not necessarily think Slots.lv would simply change their mind. What I was hoping for was a ruling in my favor that their rules are unreasonably hidden and that the right thing to do would be to honor my cashout and that the negative publicity or potential downgrading of their sister site Bovada would make them reconsider their ruling.

    I am really confused how my emails were not received as well. I sent over 12 attachments in favor of my case. I've never had a problem before with this email.
    Personally, I do find their rules over the top. If you win on a casino game I think you should be paid, full stop. All this guff about betting big to start with and small afterward to clear rollover seem unreasonable to me. BUT, they are there in the rules. And once you have played you have accepted the rules.

    If your argument is simply that they hid those rules from you then you are definitely out of luck here.

    Because their rules are so easy to find you obviously didn't look for them https://www.slots.lv/promotions/the-double-up

    It's fine to not go find the rules and read them if you choose not to. But if you do choose that, you should accept that sometimes we get caught out assuming how it should be.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  17. #52
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    Also, check you PM inbox.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  18. #53
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Personally, I do find their rules over the top. If you win on a casino game I think you should be paid, full stop. All this guff about betting big to start with and small afterward to clear rollover seem unreasonable to me. BUT, they are there in the rules. And once you have played you have accepted the rules.

    If your argument is simply that they hid those rules from you then you are definitely out of luck here.

    Because their rules are so easy to find you obviously didn't look for them https://www.slots.lv/promotions/the-double-up

    It's fine to not go find the rules and read them if you choose not to. But if you do choose that, you should accept that sometimes we get caught out assuming how it should be.
    well said

  19. #54
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I did not necessarily think Slots.lv would simply change their mind. What I was hoping for was a ruling in my favor that their rules are unreasonably hidden and that the right thing to do would be to honor my cashout and that the negative publicity or potential downgrading of their sister site Bovada would make them reconsider their ruling.

    I am really confused how my emails were not received as well. I sent over 12 attachments in favor of my case. I've never had a problem before with this email.
    nothing will happen to bovada. maybe the attachments were too big and did not go thru?

  20. #55
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    What was in the 12 attachments in your favour?

    Just give us quick cliff notes.


    Is the crux of your claim that the rules were not properly disclosed? Or is there another key aspect as well?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  21. #56
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Slots.lv double up bonus rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Personally, I do find their rules over the top. If you win on a casino game I think you should be paid, full stop. All this guff about betting big to start with and small afterward to clear rollover seem unreasonable to me. BUT, they are there in the rules. And once you have played you have accepted the rules.

    If your argument is simply that they hid those rules from you then you are definitely out of luck here.

    Because their rules are so easy to find you obviously didn't look for them https://www.slots.lv/promotions/the-double-up

    It's fine to not go find the rules and read them if you choose not to. But if you do choose that, you should accept that sometimes we get caught out assuming how it should be.
    Optional,

    Thank you very much for providing that link to the rules as I believe they help my argument tremendously. Yes, my argument is exactly that the rules are hidden precisely because they do not appear on the link that you have provided. I read those exact rules on that link many times (and posted them in prior posts on this thread-- post # 8 on July 9).

    Please explain where in those rules it says anything about a maximum allowed wager? I have copied the page from the above link below. Note that even after two letters to Slots.lv pointing out that the direct link to the rules had nothing about maximum wager (or any other specific bonus rules), their rules page still does not specify any maximum allowed wager even two months after they were contacted about this. Also the kasinoking and thepogg websites still clearly advertise "No maximum wager." Seems like they are (still) conducting false advertising to put players in a no win position.

    Also note that I played the exact opposite of betting big and then betting small. I continued to increase my bets as my balance increased.

    Boost your bankroll with The Daily Double Up! Make a deposit and claim a 100% match bonus up to $100 once a day!For an even bigger boost, deposit with Bitcoin and get 150% up to $500 instead – redeemable 2X per day! That's on top of the whopping $7,500 Bitcoin Welcome Bonus available when you make your first deposit with the digital currency.
    HERE’S HOW TO MAKE THESE BONUSES YOURS:


    1. Select The Double Up or The Double Up Bitcoin Edition from the "Choose Your Bonus" menu when you make a deposit.
    2. Instantly get your 100% match bonus up to $100, or 150% up to $500 if depositing with Bitcoin.


    THE DOUBLE UP TERMS AND CONDITIONS


    • Players must have made a deposit to be eligible for this bonus.
    • The Daily Double Up consists of a 100% match bonus up to $100 per redemption, which can be redeemed once per day.
    • As of June 29th 2020, The Daily Double Up Bitcoin Edition consists of a 150% match bonus up to $500 with 2 redemptions per day. Must be depositing with Bitcoin to be eligible.
    • For the Bitcoin match bonus, the minimum deposit required is $10.
    • Once the bonus code has been redeemed, players must meet the playthrough requirement before being able to use the next bonus code.
    • Deposit plus bonus amount is subject to a specific playthrough requirement before the deposit and bonus amount and any winnings can be withdrawn.
    • The playthrough requirement for withdrawal is viewable in the “My Rewards” section of your Account Dashboard by clicking on the specific bonus.
    • Forfeiting this bonus will result in this bonus and any subsequent winnings associated with this bonus to be removed.
    • All games contribute to playthough requirements; however, certain games may have a greater contribution than others. For more information please view our wagering contribution chart.


    GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS


    • The general rules and policies of www.slots.lv shall also apply to the Promotion
    • Slots.lv has the right to cancel or withdraw the Promotion or change any of its terms at any time and without cause or notice.
    • Bonus funds may not be used in any Live Dealer games.
    Last edited by PSmyth; 08-02-20 at 02:43 PM.

  22. #57
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by jedihyoju View Post
    I doubt bovada will get downgraded because of this incident lol
    I'm not sure why this would be funny. I think after everyone reads their posted rules you will all agree that bonus rules are unreasonably hidden. If a bovada sister is acting (and continuing to act) unethically and unfairly, should that not raise issues about the integrity of bovada?

    I ask that forum members read my earlier posts carefully and look at the screenshots that I have posted on the external link and then tell me if the specific bonus rules are reasonable to find. Specifically, note that the only the 20% rule is in question. All the other rules pertain to betting big and then betting small after gaining a large balance. I played exactly the opposite.

  23. #58
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    Please explain where in those rules it says anything about a maximum allowed wager?
    Here: https://www.slots.lv/help/bonuses-fa...and-conditions

    I feel like you are wasting all of our time now. As even as you type paragraphs of irrelevant stuff here, you have still failed to do the checking yourself properly.

    You could ask your lawyer why they didn't do their job properly and even check the site themselves before "refuting every claim the book made" too.


    Hey, you don't like the answer, that is understandable. But it is what it is. The book is in the right here I am afraid. That's the only "ruling" you will be getting from an SBR person.


    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  24. #59
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 9,973
    Betpoints: 119

    Reading those rules it seems you cant actually do anything.

  25. #60
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    And I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. I would feel ripped off if this was the first time I encountered this problem too.

    But we are 50+ posts into a 2 page thread with what now feels like a lot of obfuscation from the OP. The whole problem could have been explained in a single sentence if OP had wished to be open about it. "I've had my deposit returned and winnings confiscated for breaking a rule I can't find on their site.".
    Points Awarded:

    cashin81 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    PD77 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  26. #61
    PD77
    You know your stripper from your paint
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,702
    Betpoints: 48

    OP, have you tried casinomeister.com yet? I’ve read many threads with your exact situation and 99% of the time the casino wins but every once in a while the casino will cave with enough bad press. You won’t get that press here but you might over there. If you look hard enough you can find the thread where someone was paid after making one bet over bet limit at a different casino. You may be able to contact a site slots.lv rep directly there as well. It sucks, the terms is hidden deep in the fine print, the casino could easily limit your max wager as well but unfortunately they caught you in their trap fair and square. Good luck getting your money.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  27. #62
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Optional, can you tell me exactly how and what steps you find that link from the specific rules of the double up on the website? This is exactly my point. The steps to get to that link are nearly impossible.

    I had actually sent you this on one of the attachments that never went through. I know they are there. My point/argument is they are unreasonable to find. I read the first link that you sent about the rules of the double up and there is no mention of any maximum wager or any specific bonus rules. Here is what I sent in my complaint form submission to SBR regarding the double up rules that you posted on your first rules listing (the double up):

    ======================================== ==========================
    "There are two links on these rules. The first is to the wagering contribution chart, which I was not concerned about because I only planned to play slots and did not overly care about the playthrough requirements. The second link is to general rules and policies of www.slots.lv. This is simply the home page. Trying to exercise due diligence, I found terms of service and clicked that. The terms of service are nine (screenshot) pages long. I read all of it and saw no mention of any specific bonus terms and conditions. Apparently, there is a “help” link at very bottom of Section 6.4 (which is quite a long section as well) which links to specific bonus terms and conditions.

    I believe this most important 20% max wager rule is hidden to an extent that it is unreasonable to expect a player to find it and therefore should not be held as the basis to withhold fair winnings. If I continued to play and lose, as was most likely, I would not have been given my money back.
    ======================================== ============================

    I ask you (and the members of the forum): is this a reasonable way to show the bonus terms and conditions? The way I played there was an excellent chance I would have lost and lost and never gotten ahead. The casino is freerolling by listing the rules in this manner.

    Optional, I don't think your characterization of my complaint is fair. The link you provided to the specific rules is nearly impossible to find on the website. As above, it is not directly referenced at all on the rules and the only way to find it is to ready all the terms and conditions (9 pages) and INSIDE those terms (which are not linked anywhere on the double up or any other promo rules) then click 'help' at the very bottom of Section 6.4.

    To continue their false advertising, this was brought to their attention at the beginning of June but yet there still is no link to bonus terms and conditions on the double up rules. Furthermore, two affiliate sites (kasinoking and thepogg) continue to clearly list no maximum wager for slots.lv on their website. An A+ casino/book not only contacts their affiliates when there are errors but certainly does not allow continual false advertising after it is brought to their attention. It is now two months since it was clearly brought to Slots.lv attention.

  28. #63
    JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-31-18
    Posts: 3,706
    Betpoints: 235

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    Optional, can you tell me exactly how and what steps you find that link from the specific rules of the double up on the website? This is exactly my point. The steps to get to that link are nearly impossible.

    I had actually sent you this on one of the attachments that never went through. I know they are there. My point/argument is they are unreasonable to find. I read the first link that you sent about the rules of the double up and there is no mention of any maximum wager or any specific bonus rules. Here is what I sent in my complaint form submission to SBR regarding the double up rules that you posted on your first rules listing (the double up):

    ======================================== ==========================
    "There are two links on these rules. The first is to the wagering contribution chart, which I was not concerned about because I only planned to play slots and did not overly care about the playthrough requirements. The second link is to general rules and policies of www.slots.lv. This is simply the home page. Trying to exercise due diligence, I found terms of service and clicked that. The terms of service are nine (screenshot) pages long. I read all of it and saw no mention of any specific bonus terms and conditions. Apparently, there is a “help” link at very bottom of Section 6.4 (which is quite a long section as well) which links to specific bonus terms and conditions.

    I believe this most important 20% max wager rule is hidden to an extent that it is unreasonable to expect a player to find it and therefore should not be held as the basis to withhold fair winnings. If I continued to play and lose, as was most likely, I would not have been given my money back.
    ======================================== ============================

    I ask you (and the members of the forum): is this a reasonable way to show the bonus terms and conditions? The way I played there was an excellent chance I would have lost and lost and never gotten ahead. The casino is freerolling by listing the rules in this manner.

    Optional, I don't think your characterization of my complaint is fair. The link you provided to the specific rules is nearly impossible to find on the website. As above, it is not directly referenced at all on the rules and the only way to find it is to ready all the terms and conditions (9 pages) and INSIDE those terms (which are not linked anywhere on the double up or any other promo rules) then click 'help' at the very bottom of Section 6.4.

    To continue their false advertising, this was brought to their attention at the beginning of June but yet there still is no link to bonus terms and conditions on the double up rules. Furthermore, two affiliate sites (kasinoking and thepogg) continue to clearly list no maximum wager for slots.lv on their website. An A+ casino/book not only contacts their affiliates when there are errors but certainly does not allow continual false advertising after it is brought to their attention. It is now two months since it was clearly brought to Slots.lv attention.
    No it is not a reasonable way to show the bonus terms. But they are in there, so you are screwed.
    I think it sux bad for you too man. Sorry bro. What a run! And no payout! DAMMIT!!
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 08-02-20 at 11:23 PM.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  29. #64
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    And I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. I would feel ripped off if this was the first time I encountered this problem too.

    But we are 50+ posts into a 2 page thread with what now feels like a lot of obfuscation from the OP. The whole problem could have been explained in a single sentence if OP had wished to be open about it. "I've had my deposit returned and winnings confiscated for breaking a rule I can't find on their site.".
    I'm sorry you feel I obfuscated here. I basically said exactly what you implied and posted it in the attachments on the external site. It's not that I can't find it. The rules are horribly hidden to an extent that I don't believe a reasonable person can be expected to find them. If you (eventually) agree that this is the case, would that be grounds to rule in my favor? Or are they just allowed to hide the rules and confiscate winnings and claim they are honest and fair?

    As I described in my complaint, I read the bonus terms, went to the slots.lv link, found the "terms of service" (which were not directly linked to) and read all 9 pages. After reading the specific bonus terms AND 9 pages of terms, I did not feel I needed any 'help' from a link at the very bottom of long section. Combine this with affiliates directly advertising no maximum wager and I really feel that I have a very strong case here.

    So far you first dismissed my case by linking to the double up terms and conditions (which said nothing of any maximum wager or any other specific rules) and then gave a link which is the crux of my entire argument which is that this link is unreasonable to find. I would very much like you to read my submitted complaint as well as my earlier posts and have an open mind to changing your feelings on this issue.

    The fact that eventually this link to the rules is found I do not believe at all disqualifies my complaint. I actually used both of these links in my argument.

    At what level of burying the rules do the rules become non binding? Or is there no depth they are not allowed to sink to?

  30. #65
    JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-31-18
    Posts: 3,706
    Betpoints: 235

    Since you are talking to him, I will butt out now. But he isn't one to keep on and on. He went and found the

    rules and told you there isn't much he can do. He also says he feels kinda sympathetic for you. I do too.

    I don't even know you, but I'm so sorry man. I don't think you can get any help when your argument is:

    "I now know that I broke a rule that I didn't see, but since that rule was rather hard to find, I want to get paid."
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  31. #66
    PSmyth
    PSmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    Since you are talking to him, I will butt out now. But he isn't one to keep on and on. He went and found the

    rules and told you there isn't much he can do. He also says he feels kinda sympathetic for you. I do too.

    I don't even know you, but I'm so sorry man. I don't think you can get any help when your argument is:

    "I now know that I broke a rule that I didn't see, but since that rule was rather hard to find, I want to get paid."
    I appreciate your input and sorry if I made it seem that I was only talking to him. My argument is almost exactly what you say but a little bit different as follows: "the rule is unreasonably hidden and falsely advertised in the main rules and on affiliate sites so I want to be paid."

    I have a question for you and the rest of the forum: Is there a level of hidden rules that are so hidden such that they should not be binding?

    I mean, if I put the rules for maximum wager for slot machine under the section heading for rules of blackjack, is the player responsible to know this rule? I mean, I just want to know where the goal posts are here.

    If the rule is unreasonably hidden, is the casino not freerolling me? I had a big cashout so they are refunding my deposits. If I continued to lose, then the casino would have kept all the winnings, isn't that right?

    PS: I appreciate the sympathy and help. I'm just trying to figure out the logic of how a reputable casino can hide rules and falsely advertise and then say "too bad, not paying" and if the forum thinks this is acceptable behavior for any highly rated gaming corporation.

  32. #67
    JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-31-18
    Posts: 3,706
    Betpoints: 235

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I appreciate your input and sorry if I made it seem that I was only talking to him. My argument is almost exactly what you say but a little bit different as follows: "the rule is unreasonably hidden and falsely advertised in the main rules and on affiliate sites so I want to be paid."

    I have a question for you and the rest of the forum: Is there a level of hidden rules that are so hidden such that they should not be binding?

    I mean, if I put the rules for maximum wager for slot machine under the section heading for rules of blackjack, is the player responsible to know this rule? I mean, I just want to know where the goal posts are here.

    If the rule is unreasonably hidden, is the casino not freerolling me? I had a big cashout so they are refunding my deposits. If I continued to lose, then the casino would have kept all the winnings, isn't that right?

    PS: I appreciate the sympathy and help. I'm just trying to figure out the logic of how a reputable casino can hide rules and falsely advertise and then say "too bad, not paying" and if the forum thinks this is acceptable behavior for any highly rated gaming corporation.
    I've never heard of a rule being "unreasonably hidden" as a reason to reverse a non pay.

    But I do think it sux bad for you. All you/I wonder is how many people they have done this to and not paid

    their winnings instead of paying them? I mean geez you were RAISING your bets after you would win!

    That is a casino's DREAM! But after they lost, they told you that they had a few rules that you

    had broken that are "hard to find" and didn't pay you. Damn man, once again I'm so sorry.


    It may be millions that they have not paid because of "slipping in" a couple of rules that people can't easily find!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  33. #68
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 9,973
    Betpoints: 119

    They have identified you as a non rec player who deliberately played in a way to abuse the bonus. They also claim that its industry standard and that other books would act the same

    section 6.4 says it at the top, without the help link. so you lost at this point. it also goes on to say "please refer to the help section for further info"

    Theyve got you twice. Once because (they claim) industry standard, and twice the rules arent hidden.

    At best you can convict them to to change the rules format, but that wont change their mind that you are a bonus abuser and would have been treated the same at most books.

  34. #69
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,442
    Betpoints: 2683

    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    Optional, can you tell me exactly how and what steps you find that link from the specific rules of the double up on the website? This is exactly my point. The steps to get to that link are nearly impossible.

    I had actually sent you this on one of the attachments that never went through. I know they are there. My point/argument is they are unreasonable to find. I read the first link that you sent about the rules of the double up and there is no mention of any maximum wager or any specific bonus rules. Here is what I sent in my complaint form submission to SBR regarding the double up rules that you posted on your first rules listing (the double up):

    ======================================== ==========================
    "There are two links on these rules. The first is to the wagering contribution chart, which I was not concerned about because I only planned to play slots and did not overly care about the playthrough requirements. The second link is to general rules and policies of www.slots.lv. This is simply the home page. Trying to exercise due diligence, I found terms of service and clicked that. The terms of service are nine (screenshot) pages long. I read all of it and saw no mention of any specific bonus terms and conditions. Apparently, there is a “help” link at very bottom of Section 6.4 (which is quite a long section as well) which links to specific bonus terms and conditions.

    I believe this most important 20% max wager rule is hidden to an extent that it is unreasonable to expect a player to find it and therefore should not be held as the basis to withhold fair winnings. If I continued to play and lose, as was most likely, I would not have been given my money back.
    ======================================== ============================

    I ask you (and the members of the forum): is this a reasonable way to show the bonus terms and conditions? The way I played there was an excellent chance I would have lost and lost and never gotten ahead. The casino is freerolling by listing the rules in this manner.

    Optional, I don't think your characterization of my complaint is fair. The link you provided to the specific rules is nearly impossible to find on the website. As above, it is not directly referenced at all on the rules and the only way to find it is to ready all the terms and conditions (9 pages) and INSIDE those terms (which are not linked anywhere on the double up or any other promo rules) then click 'help' at the very bottom of Section 6.4.

    To continue their false advertising, this was brought to their attention at the beginning of June but yet there still is no link to bonus terms and conditions on the double up rules. Furthermore, two affiliate sites (kasinoking and thepogg) continue to clearly list no maximum wager for slots.lv on their website. An A+ casino/book not only contacts their affiliates when there are errors but certainly does not allow continual false advertising after it is brought to their attention. It is now two months since it was clearly brought to Slots.lv attention.
    I'm not trying to be unfair. Just explain how the industry works.

    The route I took to those rules is following the line that says General Terms applies. And then in General Terms under bonuses it gives you a link to that Help section with the detailed bonus terms.

    I am used to finding terms on sites, but I understand it's not intuitive for a new person. So I understand your reaction that it is hidden as well. And I do think these rules suck.

    But I don't know what else to tell you that you are going to want to hear. Have you contacted Duncan who is expert in casino matters as I suggested?




    Quote Originally Posted by PSmyth View Post
    I ask you (and the members of the forum): is this a reasonable way to show the bonus terms and conditions?
    This is better answered by other people. I've seen too many sites setup this same way to have an unbiased opinion.

    Can some posters chime in and give him an opinion on how this site has it rules laid out?
    Last edited by Optional; 08-03-20 at 08:34 AM.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  35. #70
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    I went to the website. I clicked on Promotions -> The Daily Double Up -> and then scrolling down as I read I see "Wagering Contribution Chart". I click that and there is info to read and scrolling down I see the Max Wager Rule. I honestly do not see this as hidden. But I am used to looking for this also.

    I have played in casinos online in the past making stupid mistakes to try to increase sports winnings. Should have just been happy I had winnings but I had to always (re)deposit or take a casino bonus to win big money. I got in the habit of reading these just to check RO's once I fully understood the RO. Believe me, in the beginning I never fully understood RO and would get surprised my $20,000 in BJ action only counted as $5K (just an example).

    Does it suck? Yes. Is it unfair? No.

    I def feel your pain. I have been there but not to the level of winnings you have had.

First 123 Last
Top