AntKoncius
    AntKoncius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 524

Bookmaker cancels winnings bets after match

Today I've placed two bets today on Russia Liga pro Table Tennis, Shirshov to win against Innazarov. You can see all the bets details in the screenshot below:

https://ibb.co/nLDTN14
    Bet was cancelled only after the match due to obvious error on lines. They told it was wrong line and most importantly they do not know what line is correct one. After some talking they explained that real odds were 1.5 on the win. Here is link to bmbets http://bmbets.com/table-tennis/russi...zarov-3683053/ and you can see that every bookie offered similar odds (1.7 -1.8). Also odds were not dropping.

Is it possible to do something?
    Last edited by AntKoncius; 08-03-20 at 08:03 AM.

AntKoncius

The most unfair detail is that they waited till the match is finished and then immediately cancelled bets.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

-125 to -200 is a significant enough off market number to call it an error.

But if not cancelled until after the result is known they should be paying out at proper odds if you have no historic pattern of hitting bad lines on purpose.

It does look like the ML odds were an error when compared to your -1.5 bet struck at almost the same odds. Did you ask them if the HC bet was a bad line too? Or why both are voided? I get the impression it may not really be just for a bad line looking at both bets together.

AntKoncius

It is point hcps, not games. And it is - 0.5, not -1.5. Yes, they told correct line were 5.5.

Yes ive talked with them for quite long time and they said that correct lines are 1.5 for ml and 5.5 hcp. Nothing else explained.

Regarding cancellation after the match, they told they cancel bets once they notice a mistake. What the coincidence they noticed just after the match.

P. S. Match was tight till the final points so I could have replaced my bets on Shirshov if they would cancelled during the game.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by AntKoncius View Post
    It is point hcps, not games. And it is - 0.5, not -1.5. Yes, they told correct line were 5.5.

Yes ive talked with them for quite long time and they said that correct lines are 1.5 for ml and 5.5 hcp. Nothing else explained.

Regarding cancellation after the match, they told they cancel bets once they notice a mistake. What the coincidence they noticed just after the match.

P. S. Match was tight till the final points so I could have replaced my bets on Shirshov if they would cancelled during the game.
    Ugh. Ok, that is a listing error rather than a bad line. Their rules do say that has to be voided and previous experience tells me they will stick to that

AntKoncius

I have written an e-mail to them, hoping for more proper explanation. 1.80 odds were closer to average odds in market, 1.50 were below average... They literally could use this rule to any game.

Optional

I have written an e-mail to them, hoping for more proper explanation. 1.80 odds were closer to average odds in market, 1.50 were below average... They literally could use this rule to any game.
    If it was intended as 2 way ML market and the only issue was odds too high, then SBR would help argue for you that if it was not discovered until post match then you should be paid at correct odds. If you even needed us to argue for you.

But the problem is that the error was that the correct markets never went up. And that is treated differently.

Good luck though. I'd be trying to appeal for some goodwill rather then trying to insist they have applied the rules incorrectly though. This has happened a bunch of times before.

winner9
    winner9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

I am more surprised by the limit as i thought they cutted the limit for everybody on table tennis etc.
    Just checked now mines and see 132eur pre and live same and you could stake 700-650, that's good sign for you

AntKoncius

Quote Originally Posted by winner9 View Post
    I am more surprised by the limit as i thought they cutted the limit for everybody on table tennis etc.
    Just checked now mines and see 132eur pre and live same and you could stake 700-650, that's good sign for you
    For this particular event maxes were 2300 eur. For all other games also 130 eur. Dont know why.

AntKoncius

Bookmaker are not going to change their decision. Looks like they are not that reliable anymore

Rowlo
    Rowlo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Team, I am seeing some real signs from Bookmaker that should worry us all. Let’s continue to monitor their activity and give feedback. If they are in some sort of free fall we all need to know sooner than later.

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlo View Post
    Team, I am seeing some real signs from Bookmaker that should worry us all. Let’s continue to monitor their activity and give feedback. If they are in some sort of free fall we all need to know sooner than later.
    I think it's mostly just the same old issues with them, website being a nightmare tech wise and poor cs.
    That being said, I think they are in the wrong here and should honor these bets at 1.80 when other books offered 1.75. Keep fighting them on this until a manager has a look. If they cancelled these prematch, that's one thing, but don't offer odds that are so close to other books and then void after the event.

HomeRun35
    HomeRun35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlo View Post
    I am seeing zero signs that anyone should worry about them being anything other than an A+ book. Stop the hyperbole. One shitty situation where they're sticking to a bad decision that is not done with malicious intent is not a reason to worry
    Last edited by HomeRun35; 08-05-20 at 03:01 PM.

AntKoncius

Quote Originally Posted by HomeRun35 View Post
    I am seeing zero signs that anyone should worry about them being anything other than an A+ book. Stop the hyperbole. One shitty situation where they're sticking to a bad decision that is not done with malicious intent is not a reason to worry
    One shitty situation? It changes everything. I cant play here anymore if they eligible to cancel bets after event. Or I have to ask them everytime if odds/lines are correct before taking a bet, but that takes a lot of time.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

One shitty situation? It changes everything. I cant play here anymore if they eligible to cancel bets after event. Or I have to ask them everytime if odds/lines are correct before taking a bet, but that takes a lot of time.
    By this standard, you literally cannot play anywhere.

AntKoncius

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    By this standard, you literally cannot play anywhere.
    Why not? I never had similar situation with any other bookie.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Why not? I never had similar situation with any other bookie.
    Maybe you haven't (yet), but similar situations happen at all books. So if you want to completely avoid books which might have such issues, you're left with nowhere to play.

Optional

It's fair industry practice to void all action on markets with significant errors in the description.

It will happen at all books from time to time.

And it was obvious to me from the moment I saw your bet slips this was more than just a bad line, even before hearing the explanation they had given you.

They haven't cheated you. You were just unlucky.

AntKoncius

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's fair industry practice to void all action on markets with significant errors in the description.

It will happen at all books from time to time.

And it was obvious to me from the moment I saw your bet slips this was more than just a bad line, even before hearing the explanation they had given you.

They haven't cheated you. You were just unlucky.
    Why in your opinion it was more than a bad line?

caramba

I don't really do table tennis betting or much hcp betting, but I am familar with the sport. Isn't a -0,5 pts hcp at 1.84 in line with 1.8 ML?

Optional

Why in your opinion it was more than a bad line?
    Because they meant to list the markets at -1.5 and -5.5.

If there was no intent to list a straight moneyline, and it ended up this way through some sort of genuine error when the market was listed, then it is considered a listing error rather than a bad line.

Having the the two markets up as ML and -0.5 is a pretty good clue something was amiss. Plus, for what is worth for me to say it, Bookmaker would not just make up a non-real reason to cancel like this. I think you can be pretty confident it really is an error.

caramba

OP has said BM intended to list ML at 1.50. For that -5,5 is the correct hcp. However, other books had the ML for this match at 1.75, so the 1.8 that they voided is in line with that. And I believe, but would like input from others, that a -0,5 hcp of 1.84 is in line with a 1.8 ML.
    -0,5 hcp is not the same as ML by the way, even though odds should be similar for them.
    Table tennis is a small sport, I don't think compilers have a lot to go on and more than for other sports they get odds wrong. For me this is not a bad line, they went slightly higher on ML than top offer for rest of the market, and offered a hcp line with odds that I believe was in line with that ML odds. I see now that they don't offer hcp odds at all for matches where ML is 1.80 or higher. But they must have done before.
    If they're gonna offer bets on stuff like table tennis where there's a lot of uncertainty in the odds, they should honor bets like this imo. Especially when they didn't void until after result was known.
    From what I can tell, it seems only a CS agent from BM has replied to this, I think this is at least something that deserves a manager having a look at.

And I consider BM fair too, but sometimes I have had to fight very hard to get the right person to look at something.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    OP has said BM intended to list ML at 1.50.
    I think you're mistaken. They said it should have been a -1.5 market, and did not suggest correct odds for a ML to him at all.

OP can confirm.

Optional

@OP can you please post a copy of the words they used if you have them?

caramba

After some talking they explained that real odds were 1.5 on the win.

From posts #1 and #4 here. Unless you have been told otherwise in private.

Optional

No, have not been told anything. I may have been confused re-reading. But would like to see exactly what he was told if possible. As it still doesn't make sense that they tell him the correct odds but don't want to pay at that rate if bets were cancelled post match. Not their way.