1. #1
    jsgreen1
    jsgreen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-17
    Posts: 38
    Betpoints: 432

    William Hill NJ Grades NHL Futures as LOSSES - does NOT void

    I've had NHL Division bets across 10 platforms, some were very customer friendly and paid first place teams as winners but the majority of books VOIDED and REFUNDED division bets (a reasonable thing to do being the events were not completed) .. WH graded a Penguins division bet as a LOSS.. Their response was they "only voided 2nd place teams".. The Pens were 3 points out of 2nd place, how can that be the determining factor?

    Thoughts? Thanks

  2. #2
    Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-08
    Posts: 306
    Betpoints: 4765

    Do you know Fanduel's policy on NHL division bets? I have paper tickets but the book is closed. I think most books are waiting for the league to make an official announcement on division champions.

  3. #3
    jsgreen1
    jsgreen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-17
    Posts: 38
    Betpoints: 432

    Fanduel paid out 1st place teams, voided non-1st place teams..

  4. #4
    Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-08
    Posts: 306
    Betpoints: 4765

    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen1 View Post
    Fanduel paid out 1st place teams, voided non-1st place teams..
    Kudos to Fanduel!

  5. #5
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 876
    Betpoints: 249

    Did you check their hockey rules to see if you were cheated? Always check the rules. They explain why different books are handling this differently. Look at it this way: Those "customer friendly" books you say gave you wins...well, someone else must have received losses there, right? So are they really customer friendly or just following the rules?

    It looks to me like these are their NJ rules. If this is true, then it looks like your Loss was graded correctly and WH did a favor to anyone who bet on a second place team.

    NHL Division Betting
    Predict the winner of a given division.

    1. Division winners will be determined by the final standings within the given division after the winner is clinched. End of season playoffs do not count.
    2. If a team has points deducted by the official governing body, bets placed on this market will stand.
    3. If a team does not complete all of its scheduled games, bets placed on this market will stand.
    4. If there is a change to participating teams or the scheduled number of games played during the season, bets placed on this market will stand.
    5. Bets placed on this market will be settled on completion of the last game in the regular season.
      • Adjustments to settlement for any changes or adjudications made by governing bodies after the event will be made by 6:00am EST the following day.



    https://help.us.williamhill.com/en-u...hockey-betting
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 05-29-20 at 07:04 PM.

  6. #6
    jsgreen1
    jsgreen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-17
    Posts: 38
    Betpoints: 432

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Did you check their hockey rules to see if you were cheated? Always check the rules. They explain why different books are handling this differently. Look at it this way: Those "customer friendly" books you say gave you wins...well, someone else must have received losses there, right? So are they really customer friendly or just following the rules?

    It looks to me like these are their NJ rules. If this is true, then it looks like your Loss was graded correctly and WH did a favor to anyone who bet on a second place team.

    NHL Division Betting
    Predict the winner of a given division.

    1. Division winners will be determined by the final standings within the given division after the winner is clinched. End of season playoffs do not count.
    2. If a team has points deducted by the official governing body, bets placed on this market will stand.
    3. If a team does not complete all of its scheduled games, bets placed on this market will stand.
    4. If there is a change to participating teams or the scheduled number of games played during the season, bets placed on this market will stand.
    5. Bets placed on this market will be settled on completion of the last game in the regular season.
      • Adjustments to settlement for any changes or adjudications made by governing bodies after the event will be made by 6:00am EST the following day.



    https://help.us.williamhill.com/en-u...hockey-betting
    I hear what you're saying, but how can a book differentiate who has a better chance of winning the division between a 2nd place and a 3rd place team with 12-14 games remaining? Those teams are both within 3-4 points of the division leader. .

  7. #7
    sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-08-17
    Posts: 299
    Betpoints: 3929

    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen1 View Post
    ... Their response was they "only voided 2nd place teams".. The Pens were 3 points out of 2nd place, how can that be the determining factor?
    It would be strange to void Tampa but not Pittsburgh.

  8. #8
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 876
    Betpoints: 249

    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen1 View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but how can a book differentiate who has a better chance of winning the division between a 2nd place and a 3rd place team with 12-14 games remaining? Those teams are both within 3-4 points of the division leader. .
    The team with the best record currently is the winner. In the event of a tie, they'd move to dead heat rules. If you're talking about how they decided which teams to void as a courtesy to their players, I cannot answer that since it's not in their rules. You'll have to ask them, but understand that it's a courtesy so it's going to be difficult for you to complain or demand something other than what they decided. They didn't owe players anything.

  9. #9
    jsgreen1
    jsgreen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-17
    Posts: 38
    Betpoints: 432

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    The team with the best record currently is the winner. In the event of a tie, they'd move to dead heat rules. If you're talking about how they decided which teams to void as a courtesy to their players, I cannot answer that since it's not in their rules. You'll have to ask them, but understand that it's a courtesy so it's going to be difficult for you to complain or demand something other than what they decided. They didn't owe players anything.
    Absolutely, noted and agreed.. All of the other books did void Pitt however..

  10. #10
    jsgreen1
    jsgreen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-17
    Posts: 38
    Betpoints: 432

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    It would be strange to void Tampa but not Pittsburgh.
    Yessir

Top