Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

When do you get paid for total win over/unders?

I made a bet at Bodog before the NBA season began and took the Thunder for over 34.5 wins for the season. Last night they won their 35th game of the season. I haven't been paid out yet and was wondering if I have to wait until the end of the season, or if Bodog is just being pokey? Any help given would be much appreciated.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Most books wait until season end, Bodog included.

crinkle
    crinkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

Your bet likely won't be graded until the end of the seaon and reason being most books have rules in place which the team you wagered on must play x amount of games in order for it to stand. You most likely have nothing to worry about with an NBA wager but in MLB most books say team must play 160 games for action. What sucks is your team could exceed their win total but have 3 rain outs and the books don't pay. Sucks but that's life.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Most books wait until season end, Bodog included.
    co-sign, good day

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

end of season, this is why these bets suck because you have to tie your funds up for so long. always account for interest you could be earning on those funds if in a bank and the ability to use those funds throughout the season for other bets and make sure your bet still has value after that.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Well they have no choice but to wait until end of season because full 82-game schedule must be played (or maybe at least 80 games) for bet to stand. It's like a single game bet going Over in the middle of the game and then having to wait until game is over to collect.

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

I recall some books paying out on totals for hoops, this was quite sometime ago. I think WSEX was one of them back when they were a solid book !

TheAccountant
    TheAccountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by wisky View Post
    I recall some books paying out on totals for hoops, this was quite sometime ago. I think WSEX was one of them back when they were a solid book !

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

the books do whatever they want to do in this day and age

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by crinkle View Post
    Your bet likely won't be graded until the end of the seaon and reason being most books have rules in place which the team you wagered on must play x amount of games in order for it to stand. You most likely have nothing to worry about with an NBA wager but in MLB most books say team must play 160 games for action. What sucks is your team could exceed their win total but have 3 rain outs and the books don't pay. Sucks but that's life.
    I learned this rule the hard way, years ago.

NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

last wednesday

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

I SHALL TELL YOU HOW MY PROPERTY GRADED FUTURES AS FAR AS SEASON WIN TOTALS-AS SOON AS THE LAST EVENT ,OR GAME WAS COMPLETED,ALL TEAMS WERE GRADED AT ONCE. (EXCUSE THE CAPS) one reason there was usually a stipulation as to how many games were to be played-in baseball for example , at least 159 games were required. However different properties,different standards. gl to all. IT takes all of 5-10 min. for all regular season win totals to be graded.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Well they have no choice but to wait until end of season because full 82-game schedule must be played (or maybe at least 80 games) for bet to stand. It's like a single game bet going Over in the middle of the game and then having to wait until game is over to collect.
    Hadn't thought of it like that, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

I will give you 90 cents on the dollar today for your wager.