RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

5Dimes is a complete clownshow

Pretty much done with them. Just had my bets for Duncan Robinson to win the 3pt Contest cancelled out of the blue. All of my other wagers are still open. Duncan Robinson odds still up at the moment. BetOnline only for me from here on out.

Bets were $222 on +500 and $100 on +400. Odds now sit at +420.

Never emailed me. I've always bent over backwards to deal properly, letting them know of line errors, misgrades. Always get a reason to be concerned with how they run their book. Good thing they pay out, but the writing is on the wall with them, and has been for a while.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    but the writing is on the wall with them, and has been for a while.

How so?

RedApples
    sup

Looks like Damian Lillard dropped out of the contest. Would have liked to be emailed or an explanation given in the cancellation rather than needing to figure it out. Still goes as a red flag but not nearly as big of one as I thought.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Looks like Damian Lillard dropped out of the contest. Would have liked to be emailed or an explanation given in the cancellation rather than needing to figure it out. Still goes as a red flag but not nearly as big of one as I thought.
    I gotta say. The fact that they voided all wagers over one competitor dropping out as opposed to just voiding Lillard...well, that's pretty weak.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

agreed. transparency is key.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RedApples

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Do frntTailMe View Post
    I gotta say. The fact that they voided all wagers over one competitor dropping out as opposed to just voiding Lillard...well, that's pretty weak.
    The bets I looked at in previous days clearly stated on ticket all 8 players must participate for action. I'd prefer they list the actual 8 players by name but rule was pretty clear.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    The bets I looked at in previous days clearly stated on ticket all 8 players must participate for action. I'd prefer they list the actual 8 players by name but rule was pretty clear.
    I guess that means RedApples is actually the complete clown show eh...

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Pretty much done with them. Just had my bets for Duncan Robinson to win the 3pt Contest cancelled out of the blue. All of my other wagers are still open. Duncan Robinson odds still up at the moment. BetOnline only for me from here on out.

Bets were $222 on +500 and $100 on +400. Odds now sit at +420.

Never emailed me. I've always bent over backwards to deal properly, letting them know of line errors, misgrades. Always get a reason to be concerned with how they run their book. Good thing they pay out, but the writing is on the wall with them, and has been for a while.
    I also prefer BOL. Not because 5dimes ever cancelled any of my bets. Just because I don't have to worry about BOL freerolling me on my BTC deposits. BOL also has a great all around site and great CS. BOL is an A+ book all the way. 5Dimes is more of an A-. Just my opinion.

RedApples
    sup

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    agreed. transparency is key.
    ^ Knows how to read. Understands issue clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I guess that means RedApples is actually the complete clown show eh...
    ^ Also knows how to read, yet has zero integrity. No clue how this is mod behaviour.

RedApples
    sup

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    I also prefer BOL. Not because 5dimes ever cancelled any of my bets. Just because I don't have to worry about BOL freerolling me on my BTC deposits. BOL also has a great all around site and great CS. BOL is an A+ book all the way. 5Dimes is more of an A-. Just my opinion.
    Giving credit to where its due, at least they emailed me this time. Too bad they cancelled my +140s and adjusted the line down to +115 though after cancelling. Too much headaches....

Dear Customer,

This mail is to inform you that your wagers on NBA Props with Devin Booker advances/Damian Lillard won't advance to the final posted on February 13th/14th 2020 have been graded no action due to an typo on the line. Correct was Devin Booker advances/won't advance. All straight wagers will be cancelled and parlays will reverse to the next amount of picks.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Wagering Department.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

^ Also knows how to read, yet has zero integrity. No clue how this is mod behaviour.
    Speaking of reading. "The bets I looked at in previous days clearly stated on ticket all 8 players must participate for action." <--- integrity might mean acknowledging your thread title was a bit of an oopsie, clownshow.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Okay, if they specifically stipulated that on the wager, then I take back my previous comment.

DontTailMe

If your complaint is coming down to it being a surprise cancel, then it no longer holds any water. We now know that the wager stipulated all players must participate. So the cancellation was not "out of the blue". I would not expect a book to have to proactively contact me and provide justification any time they cancel a wager in accordance with the terms outlined in that wager.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I have been betting with 5D since around 2006. They would never try to screw a guy over a few hundred bucks. That wouldn't even ding them.

aaronitout12
    aaronitout12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like this was OPs fault but man the limits on 5d have gotten so low it's absurd. I was limited to $250 for the side on the SUPER BOWL. $10 for everyday props, $100 on NBA sides, etc. It's just hard to recommend a book where if you win they basically show you the door. If I was an amateur I think I'd rather give a book like Bookmaker a try where at least I know they'll keep letting me bet if I win.

Idk, I know it's a business, but lets reward the books that actually give real limits and promote the recreational action to them. They deserve it.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

5D is no clown show. That being said, I would choose any other A+ rated book before them. And most A rated books too.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

I wish YOU knew how to read. I've had issues with 5D from time to time, but here their rules clearly stated that all competitors had to participate for action. Someone withdrew and your bet was canceled accordingly. No email was necessary as the conditions of the bet were not met. You need to take some responsibility for following up the bets you make as well as the knee-jerk asinine thread you made. As already pointed out, you're the clown show.