PatrickSarni
    PatrickSarni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7133

6 Of The Biggest Sports Handicappers / Scammers All Had One Thing in Common

1. Adam Meyer - So wanted to be the face of sports gambling. He even bought billboards behind home plate of Major League Baseball games and flashed betting tickets of over 100K. No one could figure out where all the money came from. Drugs and multiple arrests over a decade were a tip off but then when he finally went down the rest of the story came out. He scammed a fish out of Wisconsin for an astounding 35 million dollars and threatened to kill the mark until the mark paid another 10 million, (45 million total). He's currently in jail until 2022 serving an 8 year sentence.
    What did Meyer have in common with every other big time scammer? He lasted less than 1 year in college at the University of Miami until he flunked out and also had a felony conviction by his mid 20's. If you can't even do basic math your not going to win betting sports. That's the fact Jack!

2. Robert Gorodetsky - Seemed like a big time high roller when he rolled into Las Vegas with his posse, a financial advisor, a pickup artist and an enforcer. His walked around town almost always wearing a hat with the word, "GAMBLR"on it. In reality he should have worn one that said "SCAMMER" or "LOSER" on it. Anyone with half a brain figured him out to be a fraud when he claimed to pick games out based on gut instinct and claimed winning 65% of his wagers. Another in the line of big time scammers he found a mark who he took for 9.6 million. Who knows who else he took as most people don't complain unless the loss is in the millions. He lasted less than a semester at the University of Arizona until he failed out. He's facing upwards of 20 plus years in jail. He pleaded guilty two days ago and it appears likely he'll get a sentence in range of 5-7 years. Don't drop the soap in prison Rob!

3. Dave Oancea / Better know as It's Vegas Dave - Another college drop out, this one courtesy of Michigan State. Possibly the most dangerous still out there not in jail or currently headed that way. It seems very possibly that he'll get arrested for fraud in the near future. This guy is real dangerous as he can go 1-14 on a daily card for his clients and claim he had a winning day. He has a solid presence on Instagram but Twitter folks seem to have figured him out. From the fake engagement to Holly Sonders, sitting courtside at LA Laker games, walking around with woman's purses, leased high end cars and staying at a Cabo mansion it all ads up to a shell game about to come down with a thud. He has a penchant for giving out -300 to -900 ML favorites his clients can go bust in just a matter of days. A law firm in Las Vegas is on twitter looking for people who got scammed by him and the Feds have to have a long list of complaints and have to be close to indicting him. When your as high profile as he is and there are so many victims it's just a matter of time until you go down. He already has a felony conviction for using fake social security numbers and numerous other arrests from drug possession to a domestic battery charge. What will the headline be when he gets indicted? Possibly, "Midget Purse Wearing Sports Scammer Indicted".

4. Brandon Link / Lang - He's the only handicapper on the list who hasn't gone to jail or is going to jail but he has to be high on the list because he's been lying / scamming for over 15 years. After getting tossed from the Navy, like all the others on the list he enrolled in a few classes at UNLV and couldn't hack it. He claims Jerry Tarkanian asked him during the running Rebels great run to try out as a walk on and it would have happened if he didn't hurt his knee. Yea, right Brandon! He buys points like a kid buys candy at a 7-11. His reasoning on why he picks teams to cover is why people shouldn't follow this guy. There is no sound reasoning whatsoever. His Super Bowl record is completely made up. Stu Feiner admits he came up with the pitch when he was working in his boiler room that Lang was 12-0 in the big game.He's on a streak of losing 5 straight months and 15 straight years. I'd guess that 98% of his stories are made up and 98% of the people buying his picks are fading him.

5. Darin Notaro / Steve Stevens - Runs a telemarketing room in Las Vegas. He couldn't hack college so he started off scamming the elderly in a boiler room selling anything from pens to calling people and telling them they won a new car. He already was on probation for five felonies when he got popped 20 years ago for scamming retired people out of $234,000.00. He pleaded guilty and served a year in the federal slammer. The guy has the gambling brain of a pea. He plays 95% favorites and tells clients for example in football to buy the line up from 18.5 to 19 points. One of the worst handicappers I have ever followed but his games are rarely available. If he spends more than 5 minutes looking at a newspaper deciding on games it's too much. It's amazing he hasn't gotten popped with all the lies he tells clients to get them to send money for his worthless picks.

6. Kris Barr- Not as widely known as the others because he gets banned from twitter quicker than people change their underwear but he belongs on the list. Plays favorites and ML favorites almost exclusively. He couldn't name 5 players in college basketball. He just goes with teams he's familiar with and makes up records. Listen to a 30 minute football podcast and you wonder what rock did this lowlife crawl out from up under. A few years back he claimed to get fixed games from a MLB player named Jeff Locke. He grew up playing little league baseball with the MLB player and got pissed when Locke wouldn't acknowledge him when he contacted him via social media. When MLB came calling he cried like a baby to their investigators admitting he made the whole scheme up. What is crazy is Barr is actually proud of this episode in his life. I don't get that one at all but then again who can understand a guy that is a known pathological liar. On the rare occasion he gives out a free game on social media it's almost always a loser. He is always claiming to be 10-1 or 18-2 but whenever someone signs up with him they usually start losing immediately and he asks for more money. He probably couldn't spell college let alone pass a basket weaving class in college. He has served time in the state slammer for numerous offenses.

The link between all 6 of the biggest scammers / handicappers is they couldn't last even 1 year in college. They all so wanted to prove they were relevant because they failed for family & friends at a young age. This led them to break the law and commit fraud and or other offenses and 5 of the 6 are convicted felons in jail, going to jail or just a stones throw away from going back to jail. Do your homework people. If the claims by these or other handicappers sound too good to be true they probably are and they are just waiting to scam you.
    Points Awarded:

StackinGreen gave PatrickSarni 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s not only them every tout is a scammer

PatrickSarni

Duh! We know most touts are almost as bad as you JJ but these were traits I found that made them the worst of the worst. If a tout can't do basic math and has been locked up run the other way.

DoctorStrong
    DoctorStrong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

never used touts lol

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

Dont forget about kvb

Pile of shit neglects his family to get stoned all day and post gifs of nudie girls on sbr

Cant make it up. Kvb actually admitted to getting high instead of going to his daughters Christmas concert

What a real pile of shit

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Also don’t forget Timmy. http://refpicks.com/tim-donaghy/
    Tim took the backwards route, NBA referee—> organized crime—>prison—>tout.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Matt Damon only went to Harvard for 1 year before dropping out. I guess according to this thread he's also a tout

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Good read....thanks

PatrickSarni

Your welcome! Yes Tim Donaghy belongs in the top 25 somewhere. Haven't heard any stories of him scamming people but he's sold some picks off websites with 90% scammers.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    Dont forget about kvb

Pile of shit neglects his family to get stoned all day and post gifs of nudie girls on sbr

Cant make it up. Kvb actually admitted to getting high instead of going to his daughters Christmas concert

What a real pile of shit

is that true

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickSarni View Post
    Your welcome! Yes Tim Donaghy belongs in the top 25 somewhere. Haven't heard any stories of him scamming people but he's sold some picks off websites with 90% scammers.
    Give Timmy boy some time, he hasn’t been a tout long. How many touts have served prison time for fixing NBA games all by themself? He gets his own list, dude scammed any and everyone on the opposite side of the game he officiated, albeit, not as a tout.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Romeclone has an awkward boner for KVB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and semibluff

vivaporto
    vivaporto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Real winners/winning handicappers stay under the radar, don't flash and never even reveal their name or face.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I lose plenty on my own picks so I'd never subscribe to a tout, but if I was I would NOT be giving this guy my money lmao

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Romeclone has an awkward boner for KVB
    Not sure if it's a awkward boner or wet vag, but he wants my attention so bad that he sure is hooked on bringing my daughter into his posts.

It's funny, since so many know me and everyone knows he's just lying.

It's a wierd lie too, that's for sure, my family thinks it's hilarious. Especially my daughter.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

before ts went into the bing he was a big user of touts before going belly up. went to hold up a package store and would have been successful had the owner's german shepherd not come from the back and keep him at bay until the cops came. was given a 3 to 9 in which he did 5, came out a few years ago and has made it his life's mission to destroy every tout in the business. he readily recognizes lang is not like the others and has no business on his list but puts him there anyway. let it go patty its gets better bro Im telling you.

PatrickSarni

Lang's fraud spans decades. I love the made up stories. You would think after listening to him the strippers are so interested in sleeping with his old ugly ass. Also when asked how many years he's won in the last 10? Lang replied, "7". Lang has quite an imagination. Try 0 Lang. If he only would market himself as a fade capper he wouldn't have to caddy for 4 months every year.

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickSarni View Post
    Duh! We know most touts are almost as bad as you JJ but these were traits I found that made them the worst of the worst. If a tout can't do basic math and has been locked up run the other way.
    Why run the other way? Just fade them and make a fortune.

PatrickSarni

Fading Steve Stevens, Brandon Lang and Vegas Dave is money in the bank.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by G Anon Dropout View Post
    Why run the other way? Just fade them and make a fortune.
    That's not how works, unfortunately.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Don’t forget all of them are white*.

*VD half white/have Japanese

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Don’t forget all of them are white*.

*VD half white/have Japanese
    I'm white.

That must explain why Romeo up there thinks I'm a tout.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I lose plenty on my own picks so I'd never subscribe to a tout, but if I was I would NOT be giving this guy my money lmao

Yeah, but would you get a tattoo of him and his purse?

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Good thread.

Although I'm sure there are a few touts who managed to graduate from college...so I wouldn't necessarily use that as a criteria for sniffing out these insects. One only has to look at the various CEOs with impressive degrees who rob their clients and employees.

I would also caution against auto-fading these vermin. Any coin flipper can go on a run. It won't last, of course, but what if you're in heavy on the fade during this lucky streak...?

To the newbies and rec bettors out there, ask yourselves this:

1) Are you being charged for picks? If you are, then you're dealing with a con artist.

2) Are you being given free picks on a regular basis or do you have access to free picks on a regular basis (website, twitter, etc.)?

If so, you're being groomed, whether you know it or not, to eventually purchase the "high value" picks.

The best indoctrination is subtle.

Now re-read point #1.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 02-09-20 at 07:02 PM.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

cool read . always loved steve stevens famous ABSOLUTE FCKN BLOWUT WINNER

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

can they lock up vegas dave fraud yet?

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Yeah, but would you get a tattoo of him and his purse?

this makes me sick.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Good read, thanks

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Yeah. I can't even believe people are gullible enough to fall for it in the first place.

Anybody who would pay money for somebody else to pick a game of sports for them is naive as hell anyway.

Remember when Steve Stevens had the show on CNBC? People would fly in and he'd tell them to bet $10 grand

on something. The first game lost every time. and then he'd say "OK bet $20 grand on this game." Then that one

would win and the dopes would think he was great and give him half the winnings! LOL If the 2nd game loses

then they are down $30 grand! But they are shaking his hand and paying him half the winnings! UGH!

thedenthead
    thedenthead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Had a couple year long back and forth text convo with Troy West. Started with a “guaranteed winner”. Which was against the Tigers (the team I follow the closest) claimed the cardinals pitchers had a tired arm. Info he received from an inside source lol. Ofcourse it lost.

Monthly I’d get offers from him, a free pick, occasionally winners. Then get called a bum because I wouldn’t commit to some 500 a month package. Eventually I just started having fun and researched him and found a deadspin article about him coaching high school softball and sleeping with a player. He didn’t find that amusing.

Overall, nice guy, might hit 50% and claims much higher.

Wigg
    Wigg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4295

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

Koi

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

good thread here

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    Give Timmy boy some time, he hasn’t been a tout long. How many touts have served prison time for fixing NBA games all by themself? He gets his own list, dude scammed any and everyone on the opposite side of the game he officiated, albeit, not as a tout.
    donaghy was mostly giving out INFO about injuries... if you watch "inside game" or listen to interviews, he makes some good points about never making an incorrect call or "fixing games".

evidence points to him pretty much calling it down the middle, in fact in quite a few games where he had action, he called way more fouls on the team he was on

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    donaghy was mostly giving out INFO about injuries... if you watch "inside game" or listen to interviews, he makes some good points about never making an incorrect call or "fixing games".

evidence points to him pretty much calling it down the middle, in fact in quite a few games where he had action, he called way more fouls on the team he was on
    that’s laughable he was rigging from the start

12 Last