1. #386
    Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-15
    Posts: 2,703
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yes they are. A sportsbook bets against you, so they are able to offer deals like money back on retirement and still pay a winner.

    An exchange cannot do that, as there is no party there to match the "extra" money required to pay winners if losers are refunded.


    Here are the Sportsbook rules.

    https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Spor...ations/#tennis
    Actually, an exchange bets as much against you as any book...they simply claim they don't. 99%+ of all liquidity on an exchange comes from market makers which are, for the most part, owned by the exchange itself or at least have some kind of a shared profit deal. This is exactly the reason all exchanges now have some kind of premium charge in place to avoid bleeding too much from profitable traders. The statement that exchange don't care if you are winning because they only profit from commission is simply not true. They want losers just like any regular bookie.
    Points Awarded:

    Alfie White gave Alfa1234 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  2. #387
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 46,594
    Betpoints: 28051

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post

    Actually, an exchange bets as much against you as any book...they simply claim they don't. 99%+ of all liquidity on an exchange comes from market makers which are, for the most part, owned by the exchange itself or at least have some kind of a shared profit deal. This is exactly the reason all exchanges now have some kind of premium charge in place to avoid bleeding too much from profitable traders. The statement that exchange don't care if you are winning because they only profit from commission is simply not true. They want losers just like any regular bookie.
    Not really sure how this affects what I said.

    Which party are you saying is matching that extra money for Win/Refund payouts for those tennis rules on an exchange?

    You think the ones who add most liquidity should do that? What "if" the other party are not actually Betfair as you are imagining? Do they have to pay that extra money too?

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #388
    QuantumLeap
    Glastonbury Tor at moonlight
    QuantumLeap's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 6,265
    Betpoints: 1770

    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    asianconnect88 required KYC for withdrawal for me a few months ago. I'm in US.
    Looks like asianconnect88 web site is down. I can log in to ps3838 the Pinnacle clone but when I go to make a bet it says the selection is not available.

    I contacted Customer Service and they said they don't know when it will be back up. It's been a few hours now.

    If I don't get resolution quickly I'll withdraw my funds.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/23/2020


  4. #389
    QuantumLeap
    Glastonbury Tor at moonlight
    QuantumLeap's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 6,265
    Betpoints: 1770

    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Looks like asianconnect88 web site is down. I can log in to ps3838 the Pinnacle clone but when I go to make a bet it says the selection is not available.

    I contacted Customer Service and they said they don't know when it will be back up. It's been a few hours now.

    If I don't get resolution quickly I'll withdraw my funds.

    It's working now.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/23/2020


  5. #390
    Camma23
    Camma23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-14
    Posts: 94
    Betpoints: 1515

    good morning guys. Do you know any broker who allow you skype betting in early? Also day before would be enough, but my actual one allow me only matchday for skype & void guarantee. Thanks

  6. #391
    Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-15
    Posts: 2,703
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Not really sure how this affects what I said.

    Which party are you saying is matching that extra money for Win/Refund payouts for those tennis rules on an exchange?

    You think the ones who add most liquidity should do that? What "if" the other party are not actually Betfair as you are imagining? Do they have to pay that extra money too?
    Sorry, missed this. It doesn't affect anything you said. I'm merely saying exchanges don't like winners because winners are in fact taking money away from their market makers (which are the exchanges themselves for the most part). That's all. The "you can win as much as you want with us because we make money on commission and never lose anything as all bets are matched by other customers" myth is just that, a myth. The mere fact exchanges now all have premium charges for long term winners says enough.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

  7. #392
    Hanno
    Hanno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-20
    Posts: 20
    Betpoints: 168

    Hey I need help with the following question

    let's say I bet on a tennis match Nadal vs Federer on Nadal to win the match and another bet that it will be 2 sets
    now Nadal wins in 3 sets > how will the exchange handle their fee %?
    All in all I lost but Nadal to win was a winner. will I have to pay the fee % for the winner bet even I lost all in all?

    hope it is understandable and sorry for my english

    thanks

  8. #393
    Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-17
    Posts: 358
    Betpoints: 5192

    You will pay commission since those 2 are different markets.
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave Alfie White 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  9. #394
    Hanno
    Hanno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-20
    Posts: 20
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    You will pay commission since those 2 are different markets.
    thank you for the fast answer. So even it is the same Match it is called and handled as different markets

  10. #395
    Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-17
    Posts: 358
    Betpoints: 5192

    From what I recall, commission is charged on net winning PER MARKET, not per event - so even if you did bet on same event, those are different markets and would be treated separately. Be sure to check the T&C of the exchange you are betting with.

  11. #396
    Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-15
    Posts: 2,703
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    From what I recall, commission is charged on net winning PER MARKET, not per event - so even if you did bet on same event, those are different markets and would be treated separately. Be sure to check the T&C of the exchange you are betting with.
    This is correct for all known exchanges. You will pay commission on the bet you won, even if you lost a 2nd bet on the same match but a different market.

  12. #397
    Hanno
    Hanno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-20
    Posts: 20
    Betpoints: 168

    thank you @Alfie White and @Alfa1234
    well understood now

  13. #398
    Random Username
    Random Username's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-20
    Posts: 7
    Betpoints: 18

    Thanks to all who have contributed positively on the forums over many years. I’ve been an avid reader but the time has now come to ask some of my own very important questions. Due to UK book closures and/or restrictions, after considerable research including several live chat sessions and a test account last weekend, I believe the way forward for me is via AC/AO, noting VPN is unnecessary. I have a number of questions which SBR readers can hopefully answer.

    1. I’ve read some bad feedback on Skrill and Neteller (both part of Paysafe), what are the experiences of SBR members please. I understand their transaction charges are 2.5% is this correct? Is there a separate “per transaction” starter charge? No currency exchange would be required as AC can operate with UKP. AC don’t charge for deposit by these methods.

    2. I stake at a fixed 1K. Ideally I’d need quite a large bank out there as I like to take early prices. but I don’t want to incur huge transaction fees or the risk of any potential scamming issues or delays by Skrill/Net’ on a large sum, thus I was thinking of funding with just 2K to begin with.

    3. In terms of withdrawing, in order to reduce transaction costs, I believe it would make sense to back and lay selections across sites in order to hope to get the funds to where they were wanted and at a potential profit, thus without having to pay withdrawal charges.

    If there’s another trustworthy brokerage with UK access but not requiring VPN please let me know. Thanks in advance.

  14. #399
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,297
    Betpoints: 2301

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
    3. In terms of withdrawing, in order to reduce transaction costs, I believe it would make sense to back and lay selections across sites in order to hope to get the funds to where they were wanted and at a potential profit, thus without having to pay withdrawal charges.

    If there’s another trustworthy brokerage with UK access but not requiring VPN please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    not a good idea. they will catch you and passing funds will freeze your accounts if caught. Bitcoin agents have zero fees for withdrawl and payouts and the ones I use #1 Odsy88 and #2 Brokerstorm( for lay option on horses) have been A+

  15. #400
    Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-17
    Posts: 358
    Betpoints: 5192

    ))

  16. #401
    Random Username
    Random Username's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-20
    Posts: 7
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    not a good idea. they will catch you and passing funds will freeze your accounts if caught. Bitcoin agents have zero fees for withdrawl and payouts and the ones I use #1 Odsy88 and #2 Brokerstorm( for lay option on horses) have been A+
    Hi, thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood the back and lay suggestion. Only one of the sides would be on AC, it wasn't about transferring money from one book to another within their platform. Twice I tried to contact Odsy via their live chat, last night and tonight, no response on either occasion, gave them 10 minutes each time. Re Brokerstorm there was a thread in the forum which I'm checking out now. I bet football. Thanks

  17. #402
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,297
    Betpoints: 2301

    I think both odsy88 and brokerstorm chat take a break late in day. Both have been good with main difference is odsy88 payouts are faster about half hour vs brokerstorm taking anywhere from few hours to little over 24 hrs...CS at odsy88 may be a bit better too but brokerstorm is right behind and solid too

  18. #403
    Jaykoening
    Jaykoening's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-17
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 1308

    Curious as to what brokers take usa customers. I know most or all say no but with bitcoin who just looks the other way.

  19. #404
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,297
    Betpoints: 2301

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykoening View Post
    Curious as to what brokers take usa customers. I know most or all say no but with bitcoin who just looks the other way.
    AC88, Odsy88, Brokerstorm all do. Depends on what you bet which one is best for you. For Orbitx Odsy88 is the best, If you need a Lay option for horses Brokerstorm. They all are good for Pinny.

  20. #405
    Jaykoening
    Jaykoening's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-17
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 1308

    Thanks

  21. #406
    FC
    FC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-17-19
    Posts: 15
    Betpoints: 390

    "
    EX010: Please note that you have reached your exposure limit. Please contact your agent."
    is this normal for orbit exchange? i have 3k pending and get that msg now if i try to bet more

    i tried contacting Odsy and they just said they cant change that limit

  22. #407
    Duo42
    Duo42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-02-16
    Posts: 26
    Betpoints: 752

    Yes, I have reached the exposure limit of my Orbit account a number of times already. Whenever that happens, I contact my agent (BetinAsia) and they increase the limit within minutes. Not sure why Odsy isn't able to/doesn't want to increase your exposure limit.

  23. #408
    Random Username
    Random Username's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-20
    Posts: 7
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
    I’ve read some bad feedback on Skrill and Neteller (both part of Paysafe), what are the experiences of SBR members please. I understand their transaction charges are 2.5% is this correct? Is there a separate “per transaction” starter charge? No currency exchange would be required as AC can operate with UKP. AC don’t charge for deposit by these methods.
    Going back to my posting of few days ago, has anyone got any feedback on the above please, be it good or bad? Thanks

  24. #409
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 46,594
    Betpoints: 28051

    Not a fan of Skrill generally. But it works fine. AC can confirm the fees. I don't believe there are any hidden or tricky fees there.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  25. #410
    FC
    FC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-17-19
    Posts: 15
    Betpoints: 390

    Quote Originally Posted by Duo42 View Post
    Yes, I have reached the exposure limit of my Orbit account a number of times already. Whenever that happens, I contact my agent (BetinAsia) and they increase the limit within minutes. Not sure why Odsy isn't able to/doesn't want to increase your exposure limit.
    no idea either they just gave me this answer when i asked if they could raise them "Hello Sir, supplier doesn't approved as it's all set for all the accounts"

First ... 9101112
Top