UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

Bitcoin with capital one card

I live in rural area and sometimes it a hassle to drive to town and get to a bitcoin atm. Anyone know where I can buy bitcoins with a capital one card? Seems they have most crypto places blocked just seeing if there is a place they don’t have blocked yet

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Coinbase.com is 1 place I use.....

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

no c c's with coinbase,debit only

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

If he is looking to deposit at a book he can deposit with the capital one card at Bovada

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

100% correct

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2120

Bovada for whatever reason is making cc deposits harder and harder. First, they had some strange allegations that cc deposits were being charged back (though no one that I heard, including me, disputed or requested a charge back) and now most of my cc are being charged 15.9% fees by Bovada. Wouldn't bother using cc with them anymore and stick with Bitcoin deposits.

joey sangria
    joey sangria's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 819

Pretty much all the big bank CC's have stopped allowing Bitcoin purchases, they claim it's to speculative.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by joey sangria View Post
    Pretty much all the big bank CC's have stopped allowing Bitcoin purchases, they claim it's to speculative.
    This is not due to speculation this is to the inability to recover funds in the issue of fraud. There is a lot of fraud in bitcoin.

Many CCs cover fraud and a lot of friendly fraud / scam attempts by card owners have occurred. Back when I sold bitcoin as an exchanger for profit on bitcointalk and localbitcoin, you had to account for Risk. I was scammed $1500 once, nature of the beast. For example it’s nearly impossible to find a bitcoin seller that will accept PayPal as it’s easy to reverse payment on there. Higher risk methods, higher premiums.

TLDR Banks are taking the wise choice to ban bitcoin purchases due to much higher fraud risk, which makes total sense.

If you want bitcoin, it’s a cash only business.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Banks have no trouble reclaiming funds from merchants. It's the merchant who gets shafted in fraud cases, not the bank.

The two main reasons I have seen banks use as the official reason for not allowing c card use to buy bitcoin is that they "believe" they could be held responsible for money laundering activity related to the bitcoin purchased on their credit. And that they think extending high interest credit for people to speculate on something so volatile is a bad risk for them.

Both excuses are BS though imho.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How do you guys get your Capital One... or AMX banks to do this for you? We've all tried at least once in the last 20+ years... all my banks have automatic block. It can't be removed for ANY REASON etc.

How are you guys able to do this? I'm not even talking Bitcoin here... just straight CC deposit.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    This is not due to speculation this is to the inability to recover funds in the issue of fraud. There is a lot of fraud in bitcoin.

Many CCs cover fraud and a lot of friendly fraud / scam attempts by card owners have occurred. Back when I sold bitcoin as an exchanger for profit on bitcointalk and localbitcoin, you had to account for Risk. I was scammed $1500 once, nature of the beast. For example it’s nearly impossible to find a bitcoin seller that will accept PayPal as it’s easy to reverse payment on there. Higher risk methods, higher premiums.

TLDR Banks are taking the wise choice to ban bitcoin purchases due to much higher fraud risk, which makes total sense.

If you want bitcoin, it’s a cash only business.
    There are tons of ads on localbitcoins that take paypal. I trade paypal on there several times a day. If you send friends option there it is impossible to reverse transaction. Stop spreading lies. Dam.

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Bovada charges extra to use veezza cc.....something like 5% more. Bookmaker stopped taking my reloadable n e t s p e n d at the start of summer. I had used this card reliably FOR YEARS without issue. Now they claim it's not for international use. Not many options left except bitcoin. Even EMGEE and Munneegrahm are a PITA now and not even worth it.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    There are tons of ads on localbitcoins that take paypal. I trade paypal on there several times a day. If you send friends option there it is impossible to reverse transaction. Stop spreading lies. Dam.
    You’re an idiot. Go on bitcointalk, create new account and ask to buy bitcoin with paypal. You will be laughed off the forum.

Friends/family is easily reversible. Send payment on an IP address not ever used before, report CC lost/stolen, payment gets reversed by CC company and PayPal screws the seller.

I’ve bought/sold more bitcoin than your house is worth. I know every trick in the book. Any “online wallet” is 110% reversible.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    i only see 1 at a fair price, and that's for a whopping $500 max

unless i'm missing something if you even wanted a couple grand through paypal you'd pay 10-15% premium

https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bi...-offers=Search

UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

How do you get bitcoins through pay pal? Like I said I’ve only really done it through bitcoin atms

joey sangria
    joey sangria's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 819

Do a google search for "buy Bitcoin with Paypal".........multiple options are available. Most are a pain in the ass, but it is possible if you have the patience to get thru it all.

If you link your bank account with Coinbase, you can put a cash balance into Coinbase. Then move it to Coinbase Pro and put in an market order for what you want to buy it at. It may take a few days, but it is possible to buy at market prices or just above.

Another option is peer to peer, i.e. Craigslist. I see people selling it for market or just above regularly. You need to be careful so you're not robbed, like meeting in a Starbucks, make sure the bitcoin has hit your wallet before paying, etc. Just be safe cause people may have other ideas.
    Last edited by joey sangria; 07-22-19 at 10:43 PM.

hsh80
    hsh80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Not sure since I am not from the U.S but maybe within the Crypto.com app!?