Roodge
    Roodge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Betfair scam for -623€

Hello guys,
    I would like to ask you if someone have similiar epxerience.

I was trader on BF a few years, but this situation I experienced first time.

It was date of 19th, May, exactly this market on Betfair - GB / Strat 19th May / 2m6f Nov Hrd - Horse race. Before the start this market I had on account balance 117€ (lots of € I withdrawn) I maked profit aproximately 70€ in this market. In the race started 3 horses and at the begining one horseresignet, it was the reason why I had such a big profit. BUT when market calculated I had big loss - -623,36€ ! How is possible?There are on input GB / Strat 19th May / 2m6f Nov Hrd Ref: 165038703803 with odd 10,42 Lay for bet 130,03€ and liability was 1224,36€ I had on my account balance aproximately 117€. So it is total nonses.I don't know how is possible, but this is not mine. I have a few screenshot. Even I had input on every three horses, but in Betting Profit & Loss I have calculated only 2. I wrote my problem on Betfair live chat and they told me that market was resettled I asked him how is possible and they told me *If a market is settled incorrectly it would be resettled.*

So with profit aproximately 70€ I had loss -623€ and account balance -503€, is this any chance to get back ? I wrote on live chat maybe 5th times, it was useless and minimalt 5th e-mail it was also useless. In angry moment I wrote on chat that I want to close my account, because I refuse to deposit 500 € to get 0 account balance. It was their mistake not mine.

Check my screenshot. I have more, but this I will be I thing enough.
    Thank you for your reaction.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

SBR needs a link that would automatically take the language the poster had in his post to ENGLISH. Some of these threads require a PhD in order to decipher them!!!! Very tough read to say the least

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Roodge View Post
    Thank you for your reaction.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Hard to understand but agree that screenshot does not look right. Risked 130 and they took $1224 out for the loss.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

So if I understand correctly you loss was bigger than your balance ?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

@Rooge, is there any chance that the market had to be resettled as they paid on all 3 horses incorrectly, when there should have only been 2 places paid?

That could explain how they let you get into a negative position? As the bets on the third horse offset the big lay loss?

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8510

Roodge, it's really hard to understand you.

The line looks settled as if you Laid the 10.42-1 horse to win $130, so needing $1,2xx to cover...and that supposedly the horse won / ergo loss for you.
    Of course this makes no sense-- their software does not permit betting with insufficient funds.
    So, i'm sure i'm not understanding things correctly.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave acquavallo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

He has a negative balance of -500 because a bet was paid as a winner by mistake, then Betfair resettled it. Why he had a negative balance? Probably because the lapse of time between the paid bet and resettlement, he lost money on other bets.

To sum up, OP won 500 euros if he does not deposit again at Betfair.

You have no right to complain man, you won 500 after all (but of course you lost your Betfair account).

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by acquavallo View Post
    Of course this makes no sense-- their software does not permit betting with insufficient funds.
    So, i'm sure i'm not understanding things correctly.
    Bet was paid as a winner by mistake, so he had the funds, then lost his next bets, and the first bet paid as a winner was correct, hence the negative balance.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Bet was paid as a winner by mistake, so he had the funds, then lost his next bets, and the first bet paid as a winner was correct, hence the negative balance.
    You are correct,and he said he withdraw some money too.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    The cool thing with the exchanges is that if a mis grade occurs and you made and won wagers after the mis grade using those funds they dont take back or void the bets and profit stands....

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    The cool thing with the exchanges is that if a mis grade occurs and you made and won wagers after the mis grade using those funds they dont take back or void the bets and profit stands....
    Yes indeed.

By the way, I did not bother to read the OP entirely but it seems the guy asked for a withdrawal straight away, and then he acts like the victim here lmao.

Roodge
    Roodge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I apologize to everyone for my English,
    I want only say, that input with odd 10,42(LAY) for bet 130,03€ and liability 1224,36€. Not mine, I didn't. And I find it unfair to equal a bank account for my €

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

If you're truthful ( and I do believe you are) I am sorry to hear this.

SBE
    SBE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3888

If I was at the Roodge' situation, probably I would ask Betfair to tell me according to which rules (an exact point in

their rules, for example I., 2a - I hope you understand what I meant) they decided how they decided...

Only to tell "according to our rules..." whould not be enough for me.

And a question (query ?) to moderators ?

Do you think could you offer that guy your complaint form to fill in, please ?

As to send it to Betfair - I would be quite curious what do they say...

Thank you.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by SBE View Post
    If I was at the Roodge' situation, probably I would ask Betfair to tell me according to which rules (an exact point in

their rules, for example I., 2a - I hope you understand what I meant) they decided how they decided...

Only to tell "according to our rules..." whould not be enough for me.

And a question (query ?) to moderators ?

Do you think could you offer that guy your complaint form to fill in, please ?

As to send it to Betfair - I would be quite curious what do they say...

Thank you.
    I would have suggested that if I thought it would help.

Unless I am misunderstanding something the argument is that he claims he did not make a bet shown in his history? I do not think any third party could help with this.