Esoteric33
    Esoteric33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I placed a series of live bets on a basketball game. The favorite was up about 35 points after the first quarter. I found a stream for the game on YouTube and watched the end of the first quarter. The game was a total mismatch. One team was far far superior to the other.

I checked what the spread was for the 2nd quarter. It was listed as -3.5. I thought to myself.. wait a moment, if this team has just won the 1st quarter by over 30 points, I will back them to win the 2nd quarter by 4. I placed 2 bets of a few hundred Canadian dollars. They won the quarter by 10.

I checked what was being offered for the 3rd quarter. I was shocked. The spread for the 3rd quarter was only -1.5. I couldn't believe my eyes. At this point the favorite were up around 40 or so points and dominating their opposition. I took -1.5 for roughly around 1000 dollars. They won the 3rd quarter by 8.

I thought to myself surely they will adjust this and start respecting the favorite and realizing that they are too good for the opposition. I looked at the spread for the 4th quarter. It was +1.5. Unbelievable. I attempted to place another bet of around 1000 dollars on it. It told me the maximum I could place is 6 dollars. Since then I can't make any bets over 6 dollars on small market basketball and I was even unable to make a 1000 dollar bet on the raptors(my local nba team)to cover +3 in game 4 against the bucks. It told me the maximum stake allowed for the game is 60 dollars. 60 dollars for an nba game?

I called in and asked why this is and if there have been limits set on my account. I was told point blank that there are no restrictions on my account.

I tried several times to place a bet on the raptors basketball game. Wouldn't let me.

Called in later and was finally told that there is a restriction on my account.

To be honest I'm no expert or shark sports bettor. I played basketball my whole life and watch it almost every day. I feel like the traders screwed up by offering unbelievable good handicap/spread numbers for each quarter and I took advantage and I'm now being made to pay for the error of the traders or whoever thought it was a good idea to offer -3.5 -1.5 and +1.5 on a clearly far superior team in a total blowout where the favorite was up by roughly 50 points after 3 quarters.

I'm very frustrated to be honest. On top of that the raptors bet I was going to take at +3 for 1k ended up winning by 18 points. Totally ruined the best game of my favorite teams season for me. All of this because some idiot trader offered too good of a spread and I took it.

Anyone ever experience this? Any suggestions on a bookmaker that won't make me pay for their mistake?

I have a big betting budget and usually place bets between 500 to 1000. 6 to 60 dollars on a bet is not going to work for me. I like the interface on bet365 and up until now had a good experience on the site but this has really upset me and I may just look for a new book.
    Last edited by Esoteric33; 05-22-19 at 03:51 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric33 View Post
    I feel like the traders screwed up by offering unbelievable good handicap/spread numbers for each quarter and I took advantage and I'm now being made to pay for the error of the traders
    Chances are you are right, that the trader had their ass kicked and are taking it out on you.

That's how it works sometimes.

Take the risk to bet bad lines and sometimes this is the result.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Unfortunately bet365 are known for that. Your betting patterns are those of a winner, maybe you can fake some mug bets once in a while and see if your limit changes after that.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

its called bet $3.65 for a reason. I got limited like this for betting $100 or something on tour de france race match bets. All its good for now is betting $5 on greyhounds or womens badminton when I feel like a laugh.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7060

Same here, limited right away after a few winning bets. Some bookmakers are like that and some aren't...Bet $3.65 has that nickname for a reason.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Denise needs her

od120731
    od120731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2093

Just the same story. I started with this bookmaker. When I was a newbie all my bets were not really big, but with the experience I was gaining the amounts I placed were also changing. So after 5 months and few winnings in a row it came to the logical end