4sees
    4sees's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sportbet (5Dimes) somehow erroneously grades Korean soccer winner as a loss

Had a fabulous day/night yesterday, and wanted to keep it going. So, before retiring, found a Korean Soccer line to place a little wager on a game starting at like 4 AM ET. Had never bet Korean soccer before, was a total guess in the dark, as know absolutely nothing about Korean soccer. Anyway, when I woke up, and checked the score, seemed to me my team won the game 3-1, after the first half ended at 1-1 tie. Sportbet (5Dimes) however, graded the wager as a loss.

Am aware I bet a 3-way line, so would lose on the draw. Since my team won the game 3-1, but was tied at half, thought maybe I inadvertently bet the first half. After checking the wager ticket, all indication was I correctly had the game, and nothing on the half. When I called Sportbet, after a long hold, they did correct their mistake. Wondered how such a mistake could happen, as have never seen such a mistake happen before, AND still not be corrected several hours later. Rep mentioned something about 2 Korean soccer events on the day had similar team names (Suwon), which was true. However, they were not indentical names, and their opponents' names were totally different, and don't these games also have a rotation number type of thing?

Is someone there just manually checking results, and manually scoring events, and thus is subject to human error at anytime? Would think although a human can oversee the process, that it's all done by machine since involves meticulously accounting for all the $'s. They claim thousands bet these games and inevitably would've been corrected, however, up to the point I called them obviously no one else had. Did every one else back another side that lost, and didn't want to mention they had erroneously been graded a winner? Does this prove that they can make a gross mistake like this at anytime? Needless to say, best to make sure all your wagers are graded correctly, as evidently if YOU don't, who will?

RE:
    Sport / Period: Korea Soccer / Game
    Line: Suwon (KLC-2) 5/5/2019 4:00:01 AM - (EST)
    Opponent: Seoul E-Land (KLC-2)

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

grading errors happen everywhere and all the time. if you don't want to call, e-mail. always check your bets, never trust a book to do it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

If there was a listing error with the bet. Like the two Suwon teams not being properly identified, it is normal practice to void all bets.

Is this what they told you happened?

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If there was a listing error with the bet. Like the two Suwon teams not being properly identified, it is normal practice to void all bets.

Is this what they told you happened?
    No, and was not a listing error; it was a grading error.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by 4sees View Post
    Is someone there just manually checking results, and manually scoring events, and thus is subject to human error at anytime?
    >98% of the books use external service providers like Sportradar for that

mistakes are very very rare

maybe 5dimes still does it manually

either way, at the end of the day there is always a human entering a result into a software so mistakes happen occasionally

Optional

No, and was not a listing error; it was a grading error.
    "Rep mentioned something about 2 Korean soccer events on the day had similar team names (Suwon), which was true. "

That's a listing error if they told you that. It's very annoying if it is, but it is normal to void the market. Usually because people on the losing side complain about it.

If you send in the bet ID# via this form we can ask a manager to review it for you,

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I think 5dimes has paid him already, this is just a public service announcement to not rely on the books grading of your wagers. I bet at heritage and bookmaker and in the last year, I think I've only needed to talk to customer service about grading inaccuracies once or twice. It's very obvious when they do make a mistake though.

lonnie55

RE:
    Sport / Period: Korea Soccer / Game
    Line: Suwon (KLC-2) 5/5/2019 4:00:01 AM - (EST)
    Opponent: Seoul E-Land (KLC-2)
    @Opti: How is that a listing error? KLC-2 means Korea League Challenge 2, doesn't it? There is only one team called Suwon and one team called Seoul E-Land in that league.

Matchup is alright, odds are alright. This is never ever a void.

4sees

"Rep mentioned something about 2 Korean soccer events on the day had similar team names (Suwon), which was true. "

That's a listing error if they told you that. It's very annoying if it is, but it is normal to void the market. Usually because people on the losing side complain about it.

If you send in the bet ID# via this form we can ask a manager to review it for you,
    Again sir, there was no listing error. Everything was listed perfectly. The rep was replying to my asking how the event was graded incorrectly. It was then as we were talking about grading, that the rep shared due to the similar names, I presume the result of 1 was misapplied to the other by mistake. Is a reputable book no doubt, and again they already fixed the mistake. I was just curious as to what went awry, and was hoping was just like a tech glitch verse it's ALL (every single event from here to Korea) subject to human error.

And yes, mostly when you're playing a bunch of different things all at once, don't just rely on what they say your balance is. Best to make sure all your tickets, in case 1 slips, is correctly accounted for to be square.

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    >98% of the books use external service providers like Sportradar for that

mistakes are very very rare

maybe 5dimes still does it manually

either way, at the end of the day there is always a human entering a result into a software so mistakes happen occasionally
    Odd that like since forever 2 New York, or 2 Chicago, or 2 L.A. teams etc. play on the same day and in like all the Leagues, and have never seen them transpose results on an MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL event.

rzagza11
    rzagza11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

I always take a screenshot of every bet I make. Just in case.

Optional

@Opti: How is that a listing error? KLC-2 means Korea League Challenge 2, doesn't it? There is only one team called Suwon and one team called Seoul E-Land in that league.

Matchup is alright, odds are alright. This is never ever a void.
    Dude... the OP said a rep talked about two teams with the same issue being a problem.

Thats all I was talking about. Not sure how you can claim "never ever a void" simply based on that cut n paste not even in 5D format btw. Ridiculous statement.

And I did not realize that it was just a grading error that was fixed, and there was no problem when I posted that. Or I would not have wasted breath on this thread at all.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    I think 5dimes has paid him already, this is just a public service announcement to not rely on the books grading of your wagers. I bet at heritage and bookmaker and in the last year, I think I've only needed to talk to customer service about grading inaccuracies once or twice. It's very obvious when they do make a mistake though.
    Thanks DR. My mistake for not working that out myself.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

Quote Originally Posted by rzagza11 View Post
    I always take a screenshot of every bet I make. Just in case.
    i make sure someone takes a picture of me taking a screenshot.

lonnie55

Why didn't he mention that he was paid right from the beginning....

indeed a waste of time

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

oufffff

4sees

Sportbet / 5Dimes claims problem with getting Hotmail email so can't do my payout

Requested 1,750 payout yesterday via BTC at 11 AM ET. Got their email to confirm @ 8:55 PM ET. Replied to their email @ 9:47 PM ET. Nothing happened so when I called today, they claim they didn't get my email, which is impossible as I have confirmation they did, and to resend. Not sure if they lost it, deleted it, overlooked it, what are they doing there??? They offered to resend me another email, and I told them don't, as I don't want to go to the end of the work queue and start over for my payout request that is now well over 24 hours old. So, I forwarded them the email again (@ 12:12 PM ET) that I sent last night. They then did exactly what I told them not to, and sent me another email to confirm payout, which I replied back to @ 12:16 PM ET. This, just so you know, after they erroneously graded my winning Korean soccer pick (that I wrote about) as a loss, and had to get them to correct their mistake. Not good. Anyway, I was told to allow 20 minutes, and then ok to call them back to confirm email received. I called them back an hour later, and again they claim have not received now any of the 3 emails sent. I confirmed when I responded to their first one, which was to bitcoin@5dimes.eu, and the 2nd one to payout@5dimes.eu, that both email addresses are 1 and the same and both should work. Was then told something about they're having trouble with getting Hotmail emails. Anyone ever hear of such a thing? No one else has trouble receiving my email via Hotmail. Plus, if they're having a such a problem, why is there no notice?

Thus, I don't want to leave 1 penny with 'em, so I cancelled the payout request for 1,750, and submitted a new request @ 1:16 PM ET for total balance of 1,930. I called them to verbally confirm they have the new pending request for 1,930, which they affirmed. When asking when is the soonest I could possible get the needed email from them to confirm payout, and they reply with a generic (24-48 hours). I didn't ask how long will it possibly take to receive 1,930, which won't happen until they get my email, which won't happen until I get their email. I was asking specifically about just getting their email, and not the 1,930. Was looking for something like (based on their day's volume) possibly within an hour or within 6 hours or what? Rep was speaking broken English, didn't seem to understand exactly what I was asking, so I asked to speak with someone else. Was told was connected to supervisor, who restated that I need to allow up to 48 hours to just get their email, and that's all he can say. Was also told that yes, "out of the blue" and for some unknown mysterious reason they sometimes do not receive Hotmail email, even though I get all their emails to Hotmail just fine. When I asked if there is any other type email where this has happened before, was simply told they've never had a problem with gmail.

Will now wait 48 hours for their email to my Hotmail. I will try 1 more time replying back to them from my Hotmail (which has ALWAYS worked fine in the past not only with the thousands of emails I send across the planet, but also with ALL the prior payouts I got directly with them including recently on 3/27 & 4/13). When it doesn't work, I'll have to update my Hotmail email to Gmail (I guess), jump thru their hoops to do it (they want a photo of my ID and God knows what else), and will start all over. Hopefully, maybe I'll get paid by Christmas from this joint ... if I'm lucky

Do you have to be a SBR Pro to submit a slow play complaint? If not, and if my current attempt hits a dead end, where/how do I file?
    Last edited by 4sees; 05-09-19 at 01:42 PM.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

same thing happened to me starting Monday,been with them about 15 years,it is sad what is going on there,contrary to many idiots on here who will defend them,this is nothing more than a stall tactic,no excuses accepted

Optional

4sees

Why do all the other modern books that I know of and get simple, easy, quick BTC payouts from, just either have you simply enter your passcode at time of request, or do the 2-step by texting you a code to enter, and this place still employs an old, primitive, archaic email game? Plus, telling you to type out your passcode in the email is highly insecure, not to mention that they ask you for your account number too. I say that because they type your account # in the subject line, and then ask you (for security) to provide it, which is not only insecure but downright foolish imo. What can you do, besides choosing to not game there anymore?

4sees

Of course it's a stall tactic (or worse like they're bankrupt and can't muster up the coin). So, did you get yours yet, or are you still waiting since Monday? Did you change to a non-Hotmail email?

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    same thing happened to me starting Monday,been with them about 15 years,it is sad what is going on there,contrary to many idiots on here who will defend them,this is nothing more than a stall tactic,no excuses accepted
    Of course it's a stall tactic (or worse like they're bankrupt and can't muster up the coin). So, did you get yours yet, or are you still waiting since Monday? Did you change to a non-Hotmail email?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Why do all the other modern books that I know of and get simple, easy, quick BTC payouts from, just either have you simply enter your passcode at time of request, or do the 2-step by texting you a code to enter, and this place still employs an old, primitive, archaic email game? Plus, telling you to type out your passcode in the email is highly insecure, not to mention that they ask you for your account number too. I say that because they type your account # in the subject line, and then ask you (for security) to provide it, which is not only insecure but downright foolish imo. What can you do, besides choosing to not game there anymore?
    i suggest sending the payout info to BOTH EMAILS, bitcoin@5dimes.eu and payouts@5dimes.eu

seems to work a lot better that way and they don't get "lost"

4sees

Thank you sir

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i suggest sending the payout info to BOTH EMAILS, bitcoin@5dimes.eu and payouts@5dimes.eu

seems to work a lot better that way and they don't get "lost"
    Already sent the request to both of those emails. I also asked if I could send to help@sportbet.com too, and/or anything else, and they said, "no." I asked if they could expedite my request due to their (or as they allege Hotmail's) issue, and they said, "no." All I can do now (that I know of) is wait, and hope they're still in business tomorrow.

4sees

For the record:

17213710 Requested 1,930.00 Bitcoin 32QSD2ajL7NPHjfGNHJUWfPyz… 5/9/2019 1:16:29 PM

Been 2 hours since sent (request on their site), and nothing yet. So, 2 down, and I guess 46 hours more to go (for 48 hour time frame).

4sees

Why didn't he mention that he was paid right from the beginning....

indeed a waste of time
    " ... When I called Sportbet, after a long hold, they did correct their mistake." Why didn't you read from the beginning?

4sees

Why the heck did SBR co-mingle now my old Sportbet grading issue thread, with my new Sportbet payout issue thread?

4sees

In addition to grading issue, payout issue and email (tech) issue, they also got service issues. When I asked the original rep (with the broken English) if they process payouts 24/7 or what is their cutoff time/when does payout dept close, rep clearly responded back that they process payouts 24 hours a day. After connecting me to the supe, the answer to the same question was payouts are processed from 8 AM to 10 PM. Would really help me to know, as at the precise time of my last BTC payout, BTC dropped from 5500 to 4900 and I lost over 100. Poof, gone, and who knows where. At least if I know if I don't have it by 10 PM, that it won't happen now any sooner than the following 8 AM, verse me staying up all night to monitor to sell the BTC asap to minimize potential fluctuation drops. Seriously, why wouldn't a service rep taking calls when directly asked know that, instead of providing such a bogus reply? And, IF didn't know, get the right answer first?

4sees

For the record:

17213710 Requested 1,930.00 Bitcoin 32QSD2ajL7NPHjfGNHJUWfPyz… 5/9/2019 1:16:29 PM

Been 2 hours since sent (request on their site), and nothing yet. So, 2 down, and I guess 46 hours more to go (for 48 hour time frame).
    Been 4+ hours since sent (request on their site), and nothing yet. So, 4 down, and I guess 44 hours more to go (for 48 hour time frame).

4sees

Been 8+ hours since sent (payout request on their site), and nothing yet. So, 8 down, and I guess 40 hours more to go (for their 48 hour time frame).

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

unacceptable ,and yet many on here defend them,can't make this shit up! Tony is DEAD,and so is 5CRIMES

4sees

Nope, not Sportbet / 5dimes, from 1 PM this afternoon (5/9/2019 1:16:29 PM) until they closed at 10 PM at night, couldn't even get the confirmation email to me much less the coin. And, this after they gave me the "once in a blue moon" excuse on why they failed to do it yesterday. What is this place now, D rated sbgglobal.eu? And in fact, not even D rated SBG (who always paid me) took this painfully long. Well, guess we'll pick up when they open tomorrow at 8 AM, presuming they haven't absconded by then.

4sees

Hit 'em for a 5-game win streak too now, and the 50 free play, which is always so gracious of them. Sure hoping they're doing ok, and can handle all of our winnings, as has been 1 of my favorite mobile apps to use.

05/09/2019 06:16 PM Baseball MLB
    915 Seattle Mariners M Leake - R / 916 New York Yankees J Happ - L u9
    Win

05/08/2019 11:25 AM Baseball MLB
    966 New York Yankees J Loaisiga - R / 965 Seattle Mariners Y Kikuchi - L o9
    Win

05/07/2019 08:31 PM Baseball MLB
    908 Colorado Rockies A Senzatela - R / 907 San Francisco Giants M Bumgarner - L o10½
    Win

05/05/2019 01:00 PM Hockey NHL
    5 St. Louis Blues pk vs 6 Dallas Stars
    Win

05/04/2019 11:42 AM Baseball MLB
    965 Minnesota Twins J Odorizzi - R pk vs 966 New York Yankees J Happ - L
    Win

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Man take a breath and calm down. There's no sense getting aggravated over things you can't control. And after using that $50 free play, don't bet there anymore unless you're really confident about the play, as you don't want their stall tactics to succeed. Just calmly wait out their 48 hour time frame and if they don't deliver, sbr will have your back.

Also on the bright side, btc is $6,273, so this delay made you money.
    Last edited by DR225; 05-10-19 at 08:20 AM.

12 Last