Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

BITCOIN Withdrawal fees

I was scrolling through my account and noticed that my very 1st bitcoin payout from Bovada was free but COINBASE charged $14 on a $1k transaction? Is it a % fee or how is the fee calculated? Thanks in advance........I'm still thinking about that pony race that I lost yesterday

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Ant23 View Post
    I'm still thinking about that pony race that I lost yesterday
    Imagine how the owners/jockey/trainer/connections to the horse feel. I'm sure it will take them a lot longer to get over that bad beat.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I was scrolling through my account and noticed that my very 1st bitcoin payout from Bovada was free but COINBASE charged $14 on a $1k transaction? Is it a % fee or how is the fee calculated? Thanks in advance........I'm still thinking about that pony race that I lost yesterday
    Was it to sell the Bitcoin? If yes, Coinbase charges a fee to sell it. If not, there might be a small difference in the price between the price Coinbase has and what Bovada calculated.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Only fee I know of is converting BTC to USD and vice versa. Most likely it’s what papageorgio said, a difference in BTC price between the exchanges or the normal price fluctuations. It’s the price of doing business with bitcoin unfortunately.

2ndchance
    2ndchance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

You can have the bitcoin withdrawal just sent to your wallet correct? No need to send it to exchange.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Let me google that for you

https://support.coinbase.com/custome...ital-currency-

Oh look. a 1.49% fee.

$14.90 on $1000.

You can find full details of their fees here

BTW, if you want to lower the fee, you can perform the trade yourself and that costs 0.5% on the COinbase Pro exchange.
    Last edited by Optional; 05-06-19 at 03:31 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
    You can have the bitcoin withdrawal just sent to your wallet correct? No need to send it to exchange.
    Correct. And if you are withdrawing from a bookmaker you should send it to a wallet you own the private keys for, before on sending to an exchange anyway.
    Last edited by Optional; 05-06-19 at 03:35 AM.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Using Coinbase for Crypto is like using AOL to get to the internet. It works but there are 100 better ways to do it.