Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Coinbase funds to paypal to bank acct? Help

since my bank refuses to allow my bank account to be linked to coinbase can anyone tell me how to get my coins(bitcoin) from coinbase to paypal account?

I just recently set up a paypal account and linked it to coinbase so is it possible to get the coins to paypal and then to my bank account? I don't think it's as difficult as i'm making it seem but it seems a lil' to easy to do especially since my bank won't allow the acct to be linked to coinbase.......would have been so much easier and taken out a step if i'm doing things right.

Any help very much appreciated!!!!!
    (i have bank acct linked to paypal) i have paypal linked to coinbase if that clears things up.

Thanks!!!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

If you already have paypal linked to Coinbase then you are fine.

Just need your bank account linked to Paypal to withdraw it there.

As you thought.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I do it all the time very simple. First sell your bitcoins for dollars. Then withdraw dollars to paypal option. Now it says within 2 days but it's actually instant to paypal. Then from paypal site you can do an instant transfer to your debit card that is linked to your bank accouny. That way it's instant. If you do a bank transfer it will take a few days so better to link your debit card if you want the money instant.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I do it all the time very simple. First sell your bitcoins for dollars. Then withdraw dollars to paypal option. Now it says within 2 days but it's actually instant to paypal. Then from paypal site you can do an instant transfer to your debit card that is linked to your bank accouny. That way it's instant. If you do a bank transfer it will take a few days so better to link your debit card if you want the money instant.
    well said

Ant23

Thanks guys......if my bank PNC wasn't so scared of cryptocurrency the whole process could have been much easier. BofA has no problem allowing coinbase to link to bank account but PNC has some 'new" security measures per the branch manager!!! They are still stuck in the 1980's

Thanks for the help!!

Ksherm
    Ksherm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4490

Anyone have their bank close their account because of crypto deposits?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by Ant23 View Post
    Thanks guys......if my bank PNC wasn't so scared of cryptocurrency the whole process could have been much easier. BofA has no problem allowing coinbase to link to bank account but PNC has some 'new" security measures per the branch manager!!! They are still stuck in the 1980's

Thanks for the help!!
    a branch manager is able to make this decision?

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    a branch manager is able to make this decision?
    "per the brand manager" implies that the branch manager merely passed this information on to him.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    "per the brand manager" implies that the branch manager merely passed this information on to him.
    Is it possible that they have your account marked for some other suspicious activity? I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong, but do you have a large amounts of withdrawals and deposits? Write a lot of checks from other accounts owned by you?

I only ask because I had a bank who had my account on a similar 'watch list' because I sent and received a lot of money from legal US horsebooks TVG and Twinspires. I never bounced a check in over 7 years, but they suddenly started holding my non-cash deposits for three days, and that was the last straw...... I dumped them, and went to a credit union who have been much more accommodating. I double-checked my Chexsystems reports and such to ENSURE that I wasn't on some watch list. My report is clear, and in hindsight, it appears that the bank was about to be acquired, and being overly risk adverse.

It has been two years with the Credit Union, and my banking experience has been much better.

Ant23

No transactions out of the ordinary.....normal direct deposits.....normal atm usage.....no checks ever written or deposited......had acct over a year and just recently wanted to link it with my coinbase but was DENIED per PNC "security team" because it said 3rd party sites that want to link with PNC accounts need to be "as secure". The bank is FULL OF S#$#. How can a FDIC bank be so scared of the crypto market? I can't even buy coins off coinbase with this account. Needless to say this acct is about to be closed

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Ant23 View Post
    No transactions out of the ordinary.....normal direct deposits.....normal atm usage.....no checks ever written or deposited......had acct over a year and just recently wanted to link it with my coinbase but was DENIED per PNC "security team" because it said 3rd party sites that want to link with PNC accounts need to be "as secure". The bank is FULL OF S#$#. How can a FDIC bank be so scared of the crypto market? I can't even buy coins off coinbase with this account. Needless to say this acct is about to be closed
    I agree that PNC sucks.