Dirty Butcher
    Dirty Butcher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

How much $ would you leave/deposit in a bet broker account?

Whilst there are a number of brokers who have built a reputable name for themselves, there still does not appear to be any that offer a form of a guarantee or protection on funds deposited with them. Brokers are great because they allow you to place large stakes, so it often means a large amount will need to be deposited with them in the first place. With this in mind, how much would you deposit with them? If large amounts, what is it that makes you believe your funds are safe with the broker? Or if you knowingly know your funds are not fully secure do you just deposit anyway due to the fact that the benefits of using the broker exceed the risk of the funds being stolen/lost?

Brooklyn
    Brooklyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10143

It depends on your bankroll and how much the amount you would deposit to a broker means to you.

Scenario 1:
    You are a semi-pro or even a full timer, with a roll of at least 50k. In that case I would not deposit more than 15% of my BR to any broker account, not even to the highest "rated" one (e.g. AC88).

Scenario 2:
    You are just a recreational bettor with a 10k bankroll, and you also have a regular job and a solid income. Here you can deposit more, like 30% or even higher.

No matter what category you belong to, I would not run my deposit to some crazy high amount, but would start withdrawing the profits when the deposited money is doubled or tripled.

And one more thing:
    I noticed your numerous threads, where you ask similar/same questions all over again. I may be wrong, but I got the impression you would finally like to hear someone saying:

"Yes, your cash is fully secured with Book X or Broker Y. Just go ahead and deposit as much as you want"

My advice would be again: stick to one of the scenarios above, or something in between.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

I use a broker and have anything from 15 - 45K there depending on which way my bets go each weekend. It earns me that a year for the last 5 years but I am always aware it may turn to zero if my broker goes bad. Have to say though they have been perfect, very responsive to the rare issue I have had and fair with charges, deposits/withdrawals etc so far.

Dirty Butcher
    Dirty Butcher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    It depends on your bankroll and how much the amount you would deposit to a broker means to you.

Scenario 1:
    You are a semi-pro or even a full timer, with a roll of at least 50k. In that case I would not deposit more than 15% of my BR to any broker account, not even to the highest "rated" one (e.g. AC88).

Scenario 2:
    You are just a recreational bettor with a 10k bankroll, and you also have a regular job and a solid income. Here you can deposit more, like 30% or even higher.

No matter what category you belong to, I would not run my deposit to some crazy high amount, but would start withdrawing the profits when the deposited money is doubled or tripled.

And one more thing:
    I noticed your numerous threads, where you ask similar/same questions all over again. I may be wrong, but I got the impression you would finally like to hear someone saying:

"Yes, your cash is fully secured with Book X or Broker Y. Just go ahead and deposit as much as you want"

My advice would be again: stick to one of the scenarios above, or something in between.
    Thanks this is great. Yes I have been asking similar questions because it is the key area of concern for me with this. I find it very helpful to get people's view on this and understand how they manage this risk if they have considered it at all.

Your thoughts were very in line with what I had in mind, it is always good to get assurance and different perspectives on things that's why I ask these things. I search thoroughly online before asking them too to avoid wasting everyone's time.

With regards to wanting to hear that, I would love to hear that and find somewhere where this is true or find a way of totally hedging this risk out. I am fairly certain now, with the help of prior posts that this is not possible and so I am now looking at the best alternative to minimise this risk whilst still being able to make solid returns.

Appreciate your thoughts!
    Last edited by Dirty Butcher; 04-19-19 at 05:57 PM.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

And one more thing:

what if i would like to increase my stakes whenever my profits doubled... in this scenario how much should I withdraw?

Brooklyn
    Brooklyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10143

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    what if i would like to increase my stakes whenever my profits doubled... in this scenario how much should I withdraw?
    In that case I would diversify the funds:

a.) withdraw all the profit or at least the biggest part of it
    b.) make a deposit of this profit (or part of it) to another broker account with good reviews
    c.) continue with the same stakes at your initial broker
    d.) place the same bets at your broker #2 account up to your desired increase