littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

does Orbitx always grade deadheats wrong horses

does Orbitx always grade deadheats wrong in horses? Every time I back or lay in any position always gets graded wrong and have to contact ac88 and go through me proving it was a dead heat...

littlekona

help me out here
    Backed a horse win and it was a dead heat
    18.86 stake @ 1.5 odds...It was graded a loss but after I inquired they regarded it BUT only credited 14.14...I told them that was wrong 23.58 should be credit but they still say they are correct.. It should be a profit of 4.72 not a loss...Am I right????

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    help me out here
    Backed a horse win and it was a dead heat
    18.86 stake @ 1.5 odds...It was graded a loss but after I inquired they regarded it BUT only credited 14.14...I told them that was wrong 23.58 should be credit but they still say they are correct.. It should be a profit of 4.72 not a loss...Am I right????
    "A Dead Heat is calculated by dividing the stake proportionally between the number of winners in the event. So, in a two-way Dead Heat (2 winners) for example, your return will be half of what it could have been. This can be referred to as half-face value of the bet, or a bet for half the original stake."

https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/...a-dead-heat%3F

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    "A Dead Heat is calculated by dividing the stake proportionally between the number of winners in the event. So, in a two-way Dead Heat (2 winners) for example, your return will be half of what it could have been. This can be referred to as half-face value of the bet, or a bet for half the original stake."

https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/...a-dead-heat%3F
    Am i correct optioal ? My calculations...on back bets you cant lose any stake on win just half the profit right? Or am i wrong

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

Am i correct optioal ? My calculations...on back bets you cant lose any stake on win just half the profit right? Or am i wrong
    The Betfair rules I linked say you lose with half your stake and win with half your stake for a two horse dead heat.

For win markets with two runners tied: [(Stake / 2) x (Odds - 1)] - (Stake / 2) = your profit/loss

[(18.86/2) x (1.5 - 1)] - (18.86/2) = 14.145

Optional

Industry Standard

Our Dead Heat rule gives the same payout as if a customer were to bet in a betting shop or online with a traditional bookmaker. The reason that some backers feel this is not the case is because they forget that in a betting shop, they hand their stake over the counter and the amount returned includes the winning half of the stake. On Betfair, they have not paid the losing half of the stake to the layer up front so their profit / loss shown on the statement needs to reflect this.

-------------------

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

It says Orbitz is powered by Betfair. What does that mean? It's just Betfair with a different name? What about Premium Charge?

littlekona

Ty sir....that to me makes no sence as i always thought on back bets dh win you get stake plus half of profit and on lay bet dh you lose part of stake...in pari mutal wagering win you do get full stake bet back plus half odds/profit...that is huge liability then on betfsir if this is true..you should never loose any stake on a win Backed dead heat imo just some profit...ty for explanation

The rule benefits lay players which i do so guess all balances out
    Last edited by littlekona; 03-16-19 at 12:04 PM.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

good job explaining Optional!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave michael777 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Optional top notch explanation. I remembwr some time ago there was dead heat for Uruguay to win group or something like that,guy got 3 way dead heat...
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave moojoo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

littlekona

wow....AGAIN more wrong grades...I backed winning half of entry who won and they grade as a loser WTF....No way Betfair grades like this with so many errors

Meadow (Harness) (US) 29th Mar Final Claim 19:35 R5 1m Stks - Win

the other entry horse broke at 3/8ths or so...no confusion possible WTH
    Last edited by littlekona; 03-29-19 at 08:26 PM.