lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

A multiple bet contains a price error - How would you handle it?

How would you grade a multiple/accumulator bet if only one bet contains a mistake, price error, cancelled match etc. but all the other bets on the betslip are fully valid?

IBAS thinks it's okay if a book voids the whole betslip if only one bet contains a pricing mistake

Motorhead11
    Motorhead11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

I i understand correct, according to their T&C they can void a multiple betslip if one games was priced wrong. However, there would be no price wrong if any of your rest teams had lost. First time seen such T&C tbh

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

If that's in their T&C's then fair enough but I wouldn't be playing there again anytime soon.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead11 View Post
    I i understand correct, according to their T&C they can void a multiple betslip if one games was priced wrong. However, there would be no price wrong if any of your rest teams had lost. First time seen such T&C tbh
    I could not even find the relevant term in their ToS. The only thing they say about cancelled bets in a multiple bet is:

"21. The following rules apply to a combination bet:

21.1 If one or more events which are part of a customer's combination bet are canceled, interrupted or do not take place out of a certain reason and any other sections mentioned in the Terms & Conditions can not be applied in this situation, this particular event will have a quota of 1,0. The same applies in Tennis, should within the combination bet a match should be terminated due to sickness or injury of one of the participants."

But no word about how they handle price erros in multiple bets.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

Self serving unfair T & C's should not be relevant. The fair solution is to let all the legitimate legs of the parlay stand and pay out at the adjusted price if they all win. To quote the Osmonds: "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch".

Motorhead11
    Motorhead11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    I could not even find the relevant term in their ToS. The only thing they say about cancelled bets in a multiple bet is:

"21. The following rules apply to a combination bet:

21.1 If one or more events which are part of a customer's combination bet are canceled, interrupted or do not take place out of a certain reason and any other sections mentioned in the Terms & Conditions can not be applied in this situation, this particular event will have a quota of 1,0. The same applies in Tennis, should within the combination bet a match should be terminated due to sickness or injury of one of the participants."

But no word about how they handle price erros in multiple bets.
    Seems they don't have such rule then, they are obviously scammers, they have no valid argument to void all bets

Mezidon
    Mezidon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pls am sorry am posting maybe in the wrong trend but pls , I won a bet at ubc365, but theyou refused to pay me claiming match was a fixed one. And match was never fixed pls what do I do?

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

I guess it comes down to the individual books rules. If the book has a rule stating it can void a parlay just because 1 of the selections is incorrectly priced then you bet with that book knowing the risk. It's a crappy rule.

Normally if a parlay has 7 selections and 1 selection is void for pretty much any reason then the parlay stands on the other 6 selections. Any bonuses or special terms relating to the parlay would be void but that wouldn't void the rest of the parlay. There are special circumstances that would cause the bet to be void, such as having XXX points available on a 7 team teaser. If 1-6 games were void the book would rightly void the parlay because the XXX points could radically alter the true odds. Another circumstance would be if there was a minimum selection stipulation such as the UK stipulation of having a minimum of 5 selections on soccer bets in the 1980s. (There was a concern about match-fixing so bets were required to include a minimum of 5 teams in parlays). A void selection that reduced the bet below the minimum selections would make the entire bet void. A book would also be entitled to void a bet where 1 or more selections were void and a cumulative price for the original bet was given rather than the price being based on specific individual odds. EG 7 selection parlay at odds of +4000. Without specific odds for the void selection the book would not be able to adjust the price thus the bet would be void.

Voiding bets where 1 price is incorrect is not the norm and I can understand why @lonnie55 is pissed about it here.

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8486

IBAS = better for the books than the players = just about better than nothing only.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2376

theres no way you would get a push, if one of the selections lost.

that would be incredible... hey have your money back one of the odds was wrong, so here.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2376

i guess most people bet bad lines in singles, so there wont be many people with experience.