TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

BitPay Card ATM cash withdrawals return Sep 5th *edited*

Until how long they do not know. Anyone else get an email?

Hi BitPay Card users,

Every now and then we'll reach out to you to let you know about big things happening with your BitPay Prepaid VisaŽ account.

Right now the BitPay Card is scheduled for a system conversion, including upgrades to improve the systems that support your card. During the time of this conversion (starting March 8th), cash back features such as ATM withdrawals, POS cash back and over-the-counter cash advances will be unavailable. This service interruption is unavoidable, and we will make every effort to restore these services as soon as possible.

During the conversion, you will still be able to use your card to shop with VisaŽ merchants online and in-person. You will also continue to be able to move funds from your card to other bank accounts via ACH transfer. View our guide to ACH transfers.
    Last edited by Optional; 09-05-19 at 08:46 AM. Reason: update thread title

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I didn't know you could ACH direct from card to bank account.

You should be able to buy money orders with the card and deposit those in your bank.

And thanks for posting this.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

You should be able to buy money orders with the card and deposit those in your bank.

ach from card to bank bank or other entity have a 5$ fee.....ach going in are free as I have a percent of my payroll deposited to the card every Friday from my work
    Last edited by littlekona; 02-27-19 at 03:17 PM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    ach from card to bank bank or other entity have a 15$ fee.....ach going in are free as I have a percent of my payroll deposited to the card every Friday from my work
    I think you can only do that with a wages transfer? Not deposit with ACH anytime you wish?

Can I ask why you do that? There isn't a way to buy bitcoin from them with the card I don't know about too is there?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25230

I wonder if they are making changes in regulating these cards. I received an email from Shift, about a week and a half ago, that they are closing all accounts. Cards will be deactivated April 11th.

littlekona

I think you can only do that with a wages transfer? Not deposit with ACH anytime you wish?

Can I ask why you do that? There isn't a way to buy bitcoin from them with the card I don't know about too is there?

I used to add it it to my ******** prepaid card but just switched it to the bitpay.....i use the prepaid/bitpay card so wife doesn’t see all my transactions from my daily purchases of gambling related stuff like horse race programs through drf and equibase ect....��

the fee is only $5 to transfer out via ach I made error above
    Last edited by littlekona; 02-27-19 at 03:27 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave littlekona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

[/You should be able to buy money orders with the card and deposit those in your bank.

Cheapest way to convert Bitcoin to cash. But not the fastest so it's all up to one's personal finances.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post

Cheapest way to convert Bitcoin to cash. But not the fastest so it's all up to one's personal finances.
    I was just mentioning for this period when ATM cash wont be available.

Hope it's not long. I can see a lot of people here being inconvenienced.

BeatTheJerk

I was just mentioning for this period when ATM cash wont be available.

Hope it's not long. I can see a lot of people here being inconvenienced.
    That went over my head sorry. My face

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

how long does it normally take to do that?

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    how long does it normally take to do that?
    Buy the M o n e y Order @ one Walmart or similar store, & I usually wait a full 24 hours after I purchase it, if I want to cash it @ another store. Or you can deposit in your bank same day & it usually takes 2 business day to clear.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Buy the M o n e y Order @ one Walmart or similar store, & I usually wait a full 24 hours after I purchase it, if I want to cash it @ another store. Or you can deposit in your bank same day & it usually takes 2 business day to clear.
    thanks btj hope this is a very short interval for atm

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    thanks btj hope this is a very short interval for atm
    No problem pal ! Yes as do I ....

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Well as long as you use the card to make purchases should be fine yes? says no ATM cash withdrawals but is that perminent or just while they're doing their maintenance or whatever the hell it is

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

This is horrible news!!!!

littlekona

big question is if pin purchases will work as thats how you pay for Money orders and or get cash back at POS...

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Whats another usa bitcoin debit card that works well?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    This is horrible news!!!!
    They say it's just temporary. No big deal.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I've also noticed they now require 1 confirmation for card to get loaded. No big deal but mine always was instant.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I've also noticed they now require 1 confirmation for card to get loaded. No big deal but mine always was instant.
    That 1 confirmation has been standard though since they make you send from a complaint wallet through invoice many times it is instantly credited.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Whats another usa bitcoin debit card that works well?
    Coinbase has one called the Shift card but it's nowhere near as good as the Bitpay card in terms of exchange rate and fees. Plus you have to deal with Coinbase.

Bitnovo offers a card in Euros that is a good deal and seems safe. But you'll need to have a use for Euros or it will cost too much in forex fees to change to US$.

There is only 2 or 3 others around that "say" they accept anyone, and don't exclude USA, but IMHO them just saying that is enough for me to think they are dodgy and may not be reliable. Cryptopay.me and Spectrocoin.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DISTROYA

AS usual on par with my life, always late to the party. Well lets get the damn card first in the mail and go from there.
    Thank you all for input and optional for invaluable advice as always.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave DISTROYA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I still don't understand the major concern with the Bitpay card? What is everyone worried about?

Bitpay is doing a conversion.... and everyone is on panic mode. Why?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25230

"Coinbase has one called the Shift card but it's nowhere near as good as the Bitpay card in terms of exchange rate and fees. Plus you have to deal with Coinbase."

I received an email from Shift that they will be retiring the program April 11th. They say they plan on re-launching the program in the future.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave pablo222 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheToffer
    TheToffer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6063

Maybe Bitpay is transitioning to a chip card?

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

If they still allow pin transactions you could get cash back at supermarkets. At some stores you can buy some stuff and get up to 200 cash back on your debit card purchase. No fees.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2906

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    If they still allow pin transactions you could get cash back at supermarkets. At some stores you can buy some stuff and get up to 200 cash back on your debit card purchase. No fees.
    That would be a POS cash back transaction, unavailable.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I still don't understand the major concern with the Bitpay card? What is everyone worried about?

It was perfect for us the way it is. Change is almost never good in these situations. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The fact that they don’t know how long it will take scare me.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    It was perfect for us the way it is. Change is almost never good in these situations. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The fact that they don’t know how long it will take scare me.
    I'm pretty confident in this company. So far so good... we'll see what happens.

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

I use mine mostly for purchases, gas, groceries, pay bills.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan$$$ View Post
    I use mine mostly for purchases, gas, groceries, pay bills.
    That’s the smart way to use

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

makes no sense to me either. Big deal be down a day or 2. People love to panic over nothin

DISTROYA

So you're saying in a few days ATM transactions will be available? I just received my card their bitcoin to dollar conversion rate is a solid $57 less than the market price what a rip off.. For example it's at 3762 right now they are only offering $3705/btc
    So each bitcoin that's converted to dollars into the card im getting ripped off by about 57 bux

DISTROYA

i cant believe this....i just sent 8000 to my bitpay wallet and when i went to load my bitpay card, it asked for encrpt passowrd which i never remember getting, and then asks for 12 step recovery which i dont have either. I emailed support but im so screwed. im reading everywhere that this is not possible to recover without these. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    So you're saying in a few days ATM transactions will be available? I just received my card their bitcoin to dollar conversion rate is a solid $57 less than the market price what a rip off.. For example it's at 3762 right now they are only offering $3705/btc
    So each bitcoin that's converted to dollars into the card im getting ripped off by about 57 bux
    Bitpay doesn't gouge you on the rate. It's usually very close to the going rate. For example.... when you type in how much you want to load on your Bitpay card... and you get the quote... if you don't like the quote.... you don't have to send the BTC amount. (I do this all the time.) You can log back in... and request another load amount.... and if you like that quote... then send it. Even though it says quote will expire in 15 minutes.... it's not necessarily true. You should always initiate the payment on the Bitcoin network in that time frame... but it doesn't need to be confirmed quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    i cant believe this....i just sent 8000 to my bitpay wallet and when i went to load my bitpay card, it asked for encrpt passowrd which i never remember getting, and then asks for 12 step recovery which i dont have either. I emailed support but im so screwed. im reading everywhere that this is not possible to recover without these. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
    As for your Bitpay wallet.... I have no clue in what an encrypted password is all about? Hopefully someone with a Bitpay wallet can help you? I've only used Electrum and blockchain wallet before.

1234 ... Last