fsutomahawk
    fsutomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1161

"Hello, you can expect an email to go out to everyone with more information as soon as we have it. Its affecting us here at the office as well, as most of us heavily use the BitPay Card in our daily lives. We apologize for the difficulty you're experiencing."

Not really much, but that was posted on twitter as a response by Bitpay Support.

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    I just went to walmart, bought a 1000 *********** and deposited it at my bank
    So you just go to Walmart and ask to buy money orders and then pay with the Bitpay Card as debit? What are the fees?

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by hello1234567 View Post
    So you just go to Walmart and ask to buy money orders and then pay with the Bitpay Card as debit? What are the fees?
    78 cents, stay woke fam

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Last edited by jtoler; 03-23-19 at 04:31 PM.

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

When you go to Walmart and buy a MO will it require to enter the pin and will it work?

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan$$$ View Post
    When you go to Walmart and buy a MO will it require to enter the pin and will it work?
    Yes & yes.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Has anyone tried Venmo with the card ever since they announce that atm withdrawals won’t work?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just as a few have mentioned in this thread....

You can purchase Walmart MO's with no issue using the Bitpay card.

They must of changed the procedure when purchasing MO's at Walmart? You need to have ID for any amount $1,000 or more. I was joking with the cashier... and said what if I wanted a MO order for $999? Again, MGram being bitches and wanting to know everything about you. (This has nothing to do with Bitpay procedure. If you had cash only.... they would ask you for ID as well.)

Walmart MO price is $0.88 up to $1,000

This world is something else.... soon they will want to know everyone's wang size.... just to make sure it's you.

allwater334
    allwater334's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by allwater334 View Post
    I initiated 1 this morning and estimated to be in my bank account on the 22nd so 3 days. I'm thinking possibly 1-2 days because my bank sent 2 test ACH deposits to bitpay yesterday and it stated 2-3 days but it was in my bitpay this morning so next day....we will see how fast it goes in reverse. I will update once I receive the funds in my bank account.
    Update: funds in bank account as estimated today so 3 business days from transfer initiation to completion. Bitpay charges 5.00 but to my understanding you can withdrawal any amount up to the limit for 5.00 so all in all it's not too bad but I don't mind waiting 3 days.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Wonder how they are allowed by laws to hold funds hostage from cash withdrawals....this is a pre paid card tied into a bank...people deposit funds from payroll, through green dot network and btc....if it’s not a debit card they need to make it a reload gift card

that said the card works fine

fsutomahawk
    fsutomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1161

The timing of all this just seems odd to me, be it happening around March Madness.

hello1234567

I am blacklisted from ** and ** a while ago. Walmart uses ** for their MO, my real name on my ID is black listed. Do you think I will still be able to buy a ** MO at Walmart??

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

They must of changed the procedure when purchasing MO's at Walmart? You need to have ID for any amount $1,000 or more. I was joking with the cashier... and said what if I wanted a MO order for $999? Again, MGram being bitches and wanting to know everything about you. (This has nothing to do with Bitpay procedure. If you had cash only.... they would ask you for ID as well.)

This world is something else.... soon they will want to know everyone's wang size.... just to make sure it's you.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Just backing up what you posted, it's in their FAQ on the website.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/money-orders/5791922

TheMoneyShot

I am blacklisted from ** and ** a while ago. Walmart uses ** for their MO, my real name on my ID is black listed. Do you think I will still be able to buy a ** MO at Walmart??
    This is a very good question. I was BL'ed from WUnion and MGram back in 2004 or 2005??? I can't remember exactly what year. (MGram told me I was banned for life. Spoke to them on the phone about it years ago.) Haven't used my ID until yesterday... first time in... what??? 13-14 years? There was no issues... no questions asked. Worse case scenario... they just tell you no.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post

Just backing up what you posted, it's in their FAQ on the website.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/money-orders/5791922
    Thanks for the link. Crazy how WM just changed their procedure rather recent. They remodeled the Money Center inside of this Walmart I go to... looks like a damn bank lol Walmart apparently banking on people who can't use real banks. A lot of homies were inline when I was there... just trying to cash their paychecks.

But anyways... to add to the story... when I did ask the lady if I could just get a MO for $999.00 she looked at me stupid. I told her I'm serious. She goes why did you change your mind for? I said why do you need my ID for? Then we paused for like 5 seconds. I just said... whatever... just give me the 2k worth.

I used to do 2k all the time... that was like... a hidden (limit) rule of WM before. It was never printed anywhere. Now, they got to fuk with me... with this 1k crap. So, just to give people the heads up.... if you don't want to use ID... ask for a MO around $990.00

Now, I have to calculate things to see if this is even worth it anymore??? My time... my patience.... etc.

TheMoneyShot

Just a quick question.... does anyone know what happens when your Bitpay card is nearing it's expiration "good thru" date? Does the card just shut off? Do they automatically send you a new card free of charge??? Or do you need to pay for another one for $10?

Just curious if anyone has been through this? Regardless, I guess I'll let everyone know what happens... when mine expires. (2 full months from now) lol

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Your fine. It just means you can't transfer money

littlekona

guys you can get MO at ton's of places. Post office many chain grocery stores, even gas stations. Plus if any of you have a thing called bills use it for that too...Just be smart

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    guys you can get MO at ton's of places. Post office many chain grocery stores, even gas stations. Plus if any of you have a thing called bills use it for that too...Just be smart
    Kona... it's just hard finding a place to purchase a MO with the Bitpay card. WM was the easiest.... and also the cheap way to go. Sucks with these restrictions.

According to the web.... post office charges $1.65 up to $1,000 and will you need to show your ID???

It's the most BS thing.... showing your ID... the money is good... it's a PIN BASED transaction.... they made the surcharge on it... and they still want to know who you are? What's there to know?

littlekona

Kona... it's just hard finding a place to purchase a MO with the Bitpay card. WM was the easiest.... and also the cheap way to go. Sucks with these restrictions.

According to the web.... post office charges $1.65 up to $1,000 and will you need to show your ID???

It's the most BS thing.... showing your ID... the money is good... it's a PIN BASED transaction.... they made the surcharge on it... and they still want to know who you are? What's there to know?
    I have never been asked at PO for ID. I use walmart 90% of time but seriously if the PO was closer I could care less about paying 80 cents more...to answer your question though of whats there to know....Look around at line in wally world money center hahah

NYproGambler
    NYproGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

Looks like MO option is no longer available.. I was at Walmart this morning to buy MO transaction got cancelled.. I called bitbpay and asked why my transaction was not going through and they said run it as credit.. we all know Walmart will not let us run it as credit for MO purchase.. so no more buying MO with bitpay card

NYproGambler

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Yes & yes.
    Yes and no now....

downtown2222
    downtown2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Can someone explain to me how to do the ACH transfer from bitpay to my bank account. I've looked up and down on website and app and cant see how to do it?

Do i do the set up ***************....and go from there?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by downtown2222 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how to do the ACH transfer from bitpay to my bank account. I've looked up and down on website and app and cant see how to do it?

Do i do the set up ***************....and go from there?
    have to initiate it from place you are sending...example like making a payment like car give them routing and account number and they process

hoping NYproGambler just had a isolated issue with his purchase as I would think that wally world would have to change there code for it to decline but who really know wtf is going on

downtown2222

have to initiate it from place you are sending...example like making a payment like car give them routing and account number and they process
    Ahh i get it...so if im sending it to my cap1 bank acct, I start this process from the cap1 side and enter bitpay info?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by downtown2222 View Post
    Ahh i get it...so if im sending it to my cap1 bank acct, I start this process from the cap1 side and enter bitpay info?
    yes, just like if you are setting a payment..

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by NYproGambler View Post
    Looks like MO option is no longer available.. I was at Walmart this morning to buy MO transaction got cancelled.. I called bitbpay and asked why my transaction was not going through and they said run it as credit.. we all know Walmart will not let us run it as credit for MO purchase.. so no more buying MO with bitpay card
    Must of been error as I can verify that it does work still MO @ wally world whewwwww....

NYproGambler

Must of been error as I can verify that it does work still MO @ wally world whewwwww....
    Really?? You tried??? Here in ny didn’t work... maybe I will try different location tomorrow and see..

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by NYproGambler View Post
    Really?? You tried??? Here in ny didn’t work... maybe I will try different location tomorrow and see..
    yea u spooked me so I ran over and tried worked as usual

downtown2222

yes, just like if you are setting a payment..
    Thanks...I got the process started fairly easy after I knew it wasn't on the bitpay side lol

hello1234567

You can use your mobile bank app to transfer between BitPay and your bank. Simply just add your BitPay account # and routing # as a method to transfer funds within the bank you are using. Verify the trial deposits and your good to go!

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

You can use your mobile bank app to transfer between BitPay and your bank. Simply just add your BitPay account # and routing # as a method to transfer funds within the bank you are using. Verify the trial deposits and your good to go!
    I've been trying to do this but there doesn't seem to be a way with Bank of Americaa They use zelle and the only option they give is to use email or phone number. I tried billpay but bitpay didn't show up. Is it only certain banks?

daveydips
    daveydips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1396

money orders are still working fine. i just completed one

Mattmig
    Mattmig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Bitpay just got upset cuz I "spammed" them with one email saying yall not bringing back ATM and cash options are you? Be honest. 🤣🤣 Transparency sucks at bitpay.

allwater334
    allwater334's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I've been trying to do this but there doesn't seem to be a way with Bank of Americaa They use zelle and the only option they give is to use email or phone number. I tried billpay but bitpay didn't show up. Is it only certain banks?
    I use BkofAma so yes u can do it. If you log in using the app or mobile, it will only give u the option for zelle or at least it's all I seem to be able to do. Anyways, go to the bank website and if it directs you to the mobile, scroll down to the bottom and click view full site. Once u log in to your account, look on the right side and u should see options for messages, transfers and other things. Click on transfers and then it should be self explanatory...u have to add your bitpay account info which u can do under the manage transfers tab or possibly it says add recepient. I'm not too sure what it says because im not looking at it right now but hopefully u can figure it out once u get to the transfers page

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I successfully set this up via BofA. The 2 amounts to verify did post to the Bitpay card. Just be aware it will charge you a $5 ACH fee to setup however.

First ... 3456789 ... Last