DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2126

ok i was able to recover 12 step phrase thx goodness....and backed up

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    i cant believe this....i just sent 8000 to my bitpay wallet and when i went to load my bitpay card, it asked for encrpt passowrd which i never remember getting, and then asks for 12 step recovery which i dont have either. I emailed support but im so screwed. im reading everywhere that this is not possible to recover without these. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
    Now that I reread this post.... which part of Bitpay is asking for an encrypted password? The bitpay deb card? Or Bitpay wallet? Bitpay deb card shouldn't ask you for any encryption password. If you already sent the 8000.... you should be able to log into Bitpay Deb card from any desktop or laptop computer with simple log in information. Once you log in... you can see if it was credited to your card or not.

DISTROYA

pretty much everything i tried to do they asked for encrypted password....it was a panic blur for 1hr. They asked for it every time wanted to move funds around, of course, not asking a thing when the BTC was placed into the wallet. I was afraid that money was gone once i couldnt remember encrypted password. my hands are shaking still

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    This is horrible news!!!!
    +1

1st Neteller/Skrill and now this bullshit

why do banks make moving cash so damn hard? they are clearly the enemy, this is to protect their greed

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    +1

1st Neteller/Skrill and now this bullshit

why do banks make moving cash so damn hard? they are clearly the enemy, this is to protect their greed
    Its to protect themselves from regulatory agency's...they didn't pass patriot act government did...kyc is annoying for them too costly too...banks not enemy lol

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Its to protect themselves from regulatory agency's...they didn't pass patriot act government did...kyc is annoying for them too costly too...banks not enemy lol
    Banks would move drug money if they could.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Banks would move drug money if they could.
    This. Why miss out on a chance to make money if they could?

HSBC was even caught laundering cartel money several years ago.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1E50YA

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

regulatory agencies and governments all work for the banks, everything is a coordinated effort behind the scenes, keep thinking we have freedom

is gone, been gone for a long while

banks and governments the enemy

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13815

Anyone look into the Spend card? Looks similar.

NYproGambler
    NYproGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

is this only for certain regions??? my friend and I didn't receive any emails from bitpay regarding on this matter..

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25522

Quote Originally Posted by NYproGambler View Post
    is this only for certain regions??? my friend and I didn't receive any emails from bitpay regarding on this matter..
    I am from NY and I got the email. Only two more days for cash.

DISTROYA

since I got so much good advice here, let me give some too, for those that are getting a card:
    Write down, memorize encrypt password, which is really just a password you set at the beginning
    take photos, email yourself, write down (do all 3) of the 12 -step recovery phrase, or your shit outta luck
    recovering any funds in the card big or small.
    not too concerned if atm cash withdrawals will be suspended. Then have to deal with all that cash cant deposit too much.
    There goes my cash back rewards from cc usage, but funneling funds out this way (purchases using card like **** card) is a trade-off I will gladly take.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    since I got so much good advice here, let me give some too, for those that are getting a card:
    Write down, memorize encrypt password, which is really just a password you set at the beginning
    take photos, email yourself, write down (do all 3) of the 12 -step recovery phrase, or your shit outta luck
    recovering any funds in the card big or small.
    not too concerned if atm cash withdrawals will be suspended. Then have to deal with all that cash cant deposit too much.
    There goes my cash back rewards from cc usage, but funneling funds out this way (purchases using card like **** card) is a trade-off I will gladly take.
    Thanks Distroya... but you never mentioned what the encrypt password and the 12 step recovery phrase was for??? Is this for your wallet or Bitpay Card?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by NYproGambler View Post
    It is for US cards. Not International cards.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Thanks Distroya... but you never mentioned what the encrypt password and the 12 step recovery phrase was for??? Is this for your wallet or Bitpay Card?
    its for the btc wallet not the online card portal....No different then any BTC wallet they all have this recovery tool

Optional

its for the btc wallet not the online card portal....No different then any BTC wallet they all have this recovery tool
    I did not realize you had access to the private key with the Bitpay wallet. I thought it was like Coinbase or Gemini, just a "loaner" wallet.

Good feature.

Thanks for info Distroya.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

The cash option is coming back and not going away for good. Least they told me it wasnt

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    The cash option is coming back and not going away for good. Least they told me it wasnt
    Thanks for the info Mike.

Who told you this and did they give you any idea why the suspension or when cash outs may be back?

2ndchance
    2ndchance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

So can you still take money out of the atm from your bitpay wallet? Kinda freaking out have all my March madness money in there. Don’t have a bitpay card please tell me you can use the atm ? It says March 8th so I got one more day right.
    Last edited by 2ndchance; 03-06-19 at 07:53 PM.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

My bitpay card actually expires in a few months. wonder if they will send me another one or if Ill have to pay for another?

2ndchance

So is anybody going to help me out if they know?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
    So can you still take money out of the atm from your bitpay wallet? Kinda freaking out have all my March madness money in there. Don’t have a bitpay card please tell me you can use the atm ? It says March 8th so I got one more day right.
    Card and wallet are separate...the debit card is what the e mail stated will not allow atm withdrawals....if you are using btc atm to cash out your fine
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave littlekona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2ndchance

Thank you!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks for the info Mike.

Who told you this and did they give you any idea why the suspension or when cash outs may be back?
    No they just said the atm option isnt going away they just have to make some changes and it will be down but didnt know exact timetable

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by scavsiu8 View Post
    My bitpay card actually expires in a few months. wonder if they will send me another one or if Ill have to pay for another?
    pretty sure u have to pay $10 for another card but not 100% positive. Just call and ask to make sure

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Any news if the ATM withdraw option is back up?

Mattmig
    Mattmig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Nope it's not back up. Bitpay itself doesnt know how long it's gonna take. Which in itself raises red flags. how can a business not have an estimated downtime for a crucial aspect of the business? Not to mention support they have isn't very good to begin with. I think something has changed in regulations and they not trying to scare anybody away.

Mattmig

I literally had to google search for answers. One was the basic bit pay website, and then the other was here. Here has more info.

Mattmig

I emailed them and all the sent me was a copy and paste job.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

It’s just fishy that they are doing this. Something is not right.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

the suspense is like watching the damn game

Mattmig

Imaging a bank saying you can't use the ATM or cash back. Oh and by the way we don't know when you will be able to use it again.

2ndchance

I tried to take money out of My bitpay wallet didn’t let me just through a normal btc atm. Is everything suspended even the use of the wallet getting money out someone says it wasn’t just affects the card but not to sure about that not happy. Maybe I did it wrong only did it one other time with a btc atm so does anybody really know if it’s just the card that does not work.

Mattmig

You can't withdraw any cash. No ATM or cash back. Only can purchase online and in person at stores. I had to find this out the hard way. I got no email or a heads up from bitpay. I made a trip to get cash back only to be declined, but I could buy the items.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
    I tried to take money out of My bitpay wallet didn’t let me just through a normal btc atm. Is everything suspended even the use of the wallet getting money out someone says it wasn’t just affects the card but not to sure about that not happy. Maybe I did it wrong only did it one other time with a btc atm so does anybody really know if it’s just the card that does not work.
    You did it wrong...separate things wallet and card...wallet you own keys can do what you wish any time

First 12345 ... Last