soccerpunter
    soccerpunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Western Pride vs Gold Coast Knights Void Bet

Hi,

Did anyone have any void bets on Western Pride vs Gold Coast Knights on 09/02/19 - especially from Australian bookies?
    https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/au...s-sc-fD8loLKK/

I am having problems with Palmerbet who do not want to pay me even though they already paid my friend for the same bet but a smaller stake size! Outrageous!
    https://www.palmerbet.com/

Thanks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

What was the bet?

soccerpunter

Gold Coast Knights to win + draw no bet

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by soccerpunter View Post
    Gold Coast Knights to win + draw no bet
    It looks like a bunch of books copied an error on openers.

What odds did you and your friend get for the win bet?

If you maxed out Win and the DNB at obvious bad odds they are probably just trying to punish you. If they didn't cancel until after the event they should be at least paying out at "correct" odds now if they have not voided the entire market.

soccerpunter

I took it at odds of 6 for win and 4.4 for draw no bet. It was a decent stake of AUD 1k on win and 1k draw no bet.

The price wasn't really an error, more just the fact that they don't have the information for transfers in the off season but still put out early markets anyway. In Australia - a bookmaker has to contact the customer before the match commences if they want to void the bet or adjust the odds for a reason such as that which they did not do so the bet at original odds stands.

Instead they are trying to claim it was fixed and sent me the below email. I didn't realise setting poor odds constituted match fixing! The worst part of all is my friend got paid out on a bet for Gold Coast Knights to win at odds of 4 so I don't understand how they can claim they have abandoned all bets.

As per our terms and conditions

https://www.palmerbet.com/content/terms-conditions

3.11 Palmerbet reserves the right to withhold payment and to declare bets on an event void if we have reason to suspect that any of the following has occurred:
    i. the integrity of the event has been called into question
    ii. the price(s) or pool has been manipulated
    iii. match rigging has taken place.
    We have determined after correspondence with the Australian crime commission that the integrity of the following match has been called into question and we are abandoning all bets placed on the match. Please provide your bank details and your stake will be returned. Your account is closed.

Australia National Premier League Queensland- Western Pride FC vs Gold Coast Knights SC

Regards

Palmerbet Customer Service

Optional

Well either your friend or they are full of BS.

Did your friend definitely get paid? And at what odds?

If he also took the 6.00, or near it, and got paid I suggest that you stop talking to Palmerbet at this point. As they are happy to lie to your face.

If you want to send in an SBR complaint form, we are happy to try reaching out to them for you, or you can contact Liquor & Gaming NSW and ask them to look into the dispute too. https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/

Optional

There was an odds error btw. Bet365 opened it at 13.00 for the Knights. No use trying to argue with anyone that was just due to lack of info.

soccerpunter

Thanks for that! My friend definitely got paid out at odds of 4.0 and I certainly do not believe anything they say anymore!

I have just submitted an SBR complaint form and have filed the complaint with Liquor & Gaming NSW but obviously they take quite a while to deal with things like this.

Optional

I missed where you said your friend got paid at odds of 4.00

That's well over the odds and if your bet was based on fixing, so was his.

See if you can get him to send you a screenshot of his winning bet.

All you need to argue is that Palmerbet told you the entire market was voided on advice from the ACC, but you know that is not true and here is a copy of a winning bet slip to prove it.

And then let L&G NSW just ask them about that one thing to start with. They will try to explain the odds were wrong themselves. And if they can't come up with the advice from ACC to support that claim to you, I'd say L&G will tell them to pull their heads in and not create further problems trying to back up a lie.

soccerpunter

Gold Coast Knights last season played in Gold Coast Premier League ~ 5th tier Australia
    Western Pride were the Champions of NPL QLD ~2nd Tier Australia in 2017 and top 4 team in 2018.

bookies just didn't know how to price it and did not realise that Gold Coast Knights had signed a lot of good players while Western Pride had lost the majority of their Championship winning team. The odds were generous obviously but it was due to lack of information not a voidable error (at least for a reputable bookie)
    Last edited by soccerpunter; 02-19-19 at 06:29 AM.

Optional

Gold Coast Knights last season played in Gold Coast Premier League ~ 5th tier Australia
    Western Pride were the Champions of NPL QLD ~2nd Tier Australia in 2017 and top 4 team in 2018.

bookies just didn't know how to price it and did not realise that Gold Coast Knights had signed a lot of good players while Western Pride had lost the majority of their Championship winning team. The odds were wrong obviously but it was due to lack of information not a voidable error (at least for a reputable bookie)
    You can see the books who opened the day before the game at the big odds took the market offline shortly afterward.

Trust me and don't try to argue with L&G about if it is an error or not. It will take attention off what you want them to look at. Dont even mention the odds until asked. Focus on Palmerbet not voiding the entire market. That is the only way they can justify not paying you at all under NSW rules, whatever the reason for the odds being wrong are.

Palmerbet got caught asleep at the wheel and didn't notice what had happened is all.

And they are mad you tried to take full advantage.

But that lie will catch them out.

You may not be paid in full. I'd say L&G will order you be paid at fair odds, which would be more like 2.00 as a rough estimate. But you might get it all if the only issue is if Palmerbet voided the entire market.

soccerpunter

OK yea that certainly makes sense.

Thanks for your help I really hoping the Liquor and Gaming support my position!

Cheers

Optional

OK yea that certainly makes sense.

Thanks for your help I really hoping the Liquor and Gaming support my position!

Cheers
    I'd love to hear what they say.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Trust me and don't try to argue with L&G about if it is an error or not.
    How can you be so sure of that? In the match before odds on opponent dropped from 13 to 3: https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/au...roar-ChZpRaTl/

OP's explanation makes perfectly sense. Last season Western Pride was very often priced with odds of 1.0x to 1.1x and if they lost all of their good players in the off-season bookies need some matches to realize that conditions have changed compared to last season. Why is it so obvious to you that it was an error?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    How can you be so sure of that? In the match before odds on opponent dropped from 13 to 3: https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/au...roar-ChZpRaTl/

OP's explanation makes perfectly sense. Last season Western Pride was very often priced with odds of 1.0x to 1.1x and if they lost all of their good players in the off-season bookies need some matches to realize that conditions have changed compared to last season. Why is it so obvious to you that it was an error?
    My main reason is that Bet365 opened at 13.00 the day before but appear to have taken it down within hours. And every book that re-posted the match the next day had it at around 2.00 or less. Pinny was top of market at 2.13

Anyway, my intent in harping on to not get caught up worrying about if the odds were an error or not was 1) The book is not arguing it was an error, they say it was a fix, and 2) The book could mount an easy argument the odds were an error simply based on market action, and 3) In NSW-Australia it does not matter too much if it was an error, they will still need to pay most of the time if they miss it, and 4) He needs the regulator to focus entirely on the issue of if Palmerbet voided the entire market as they claim. If they didn't, anything they come up with later to justify the action won't wash with NSW L&G imho.

Just focus on the winning argument and don't let them distract you with side issues. And their claim about voiding the entire market when OP can come up with proof that isn't true is their weak spot.