AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Im a bit confuse about the BRD wallet going to shakespay, is it possible to just move the funds striaght to my bank account ftom the BRD wallet? Pls enlighten me.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27594

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    Im a bit confuse about the BRD wallet going to shakespay, is it possible to just move the funds striaght to my bank account ftom the BRD wallet? Pls enlighten me.
    You need an exchange such as Shakepay to exchange the BTC into CAD funds and then tranfer that to your bank via interac.

However, the exchanges have rules against doing transactions with gambling sites.

So you use BRD for deposit to and withdrawing from gambling sites.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27594

I used BRD wallet today to send BTC, and unfortunately they changed the app.

They rape you on fees now!

Now they give you 3 fee options: economy, regular (which they recommend), and priority.

Regular is 10%! I didn't bother to see how much priority is.

I selected economy which worked out to 6.8%, they advised against using economy it if time sensitive but I selected that anyway because it was cheapest but still 10 times what I used to pay.

Transfer was completed in the usual time frame, half an hour or so!

I used to be able to set my own fee.

The new economy fees are 10 times what I used to pay before they changed the app, the recommended fee is nearly double that. I could not see any way to set the fee other than the 3 options provided.

So I'm looking for a new wallet that allows you to set the fee.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Krashman; 02-25-21 at 03:28 PM.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Having read through this thread, I have not had troubles with Shakepay for the last year or so.

Interested to look at Newton, thanks for the info.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Binance just announced they can no longer continue to service Ontario-based users as Ontario has become a restricted jurisdiction

https://www.binance.com/en/support/a...25faf414730733

The OSC (Ontario Securities Commission) Has foreign crypto exchanges in their crosshairs.

OSC takes action against companies linked to KuCoin cryptocurrency platform

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/osc-take...form-1.1614691

juvunits
    juvunits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Has anyone withdrawn going from sports book straight to shake pay? It says in the terms and conditions that it will not be accepted if it is suspected you are transferring from a gambling site, wondering if anyone has tried. As mentioned above BRD kills you on the fees.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by juvunits View Post
    Has anyone withdrawn going from sports book straight to shake pay? It says in the terms and conditions that it will not be accepted if it is suspected you are transferring from a gambling site, wondering if anyone has tried. As mentioned above BRD kills you on the fees.
    I've done it many times. They used to use the same receiving address on your account but now you get a new address (segwit) each time you want to send bitcoin to Shakepay.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    So I'm looking for a new wallet that allows you to set the fee.

Any suggestions?
    Krasher: Try edge wallet (secure, open source), for android and ios, lets you set the fee manually, down to 1 sat/byte.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edgesecure.app

juvunits
    juvunits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    I've done it many times. They used to use the same receiving address on your account but now you get a new address (segwit) each time you want to send bitcoin to Shakepay.
    so you have had no problems doing this?

icon

Quote Originally Posted by juvunits View Post
    so you have had no problems doing this?
    Correct, never had a problem.

First ... 2345