icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why do you keep mentioning cre dit cards?

No one here, including Jay, wants to use them.

In fact almost no one in the world uses cre dit cards for bitcoin purchases FYI.

Many major banks everywhere said they were uncomfortable allowing people to use high interest credit to purchase highly speculative investments like bitcoin.

Which is a bunch of BS and a thinly veiled attempt by the traditional banking system to attack the crypto industry.

Us, as users, should not be helping the banks by acting like it is legitimate at all.

And not being Canadian I don't claim to know it all, that's why I asked Jay to start this thread.

Plus I am interested to hear all opinions, as many people ask me for advice on Canadian options. Like Jay did.

You seem to be taking it all too personal. Like a shill might.

Maybe you should stay in your lane more than me buddy?
    Last edited by Optional; 01-06-19 at 03:24 PM.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Icon,
    According to shakepay themselves, they started the exchange service only at the end of march 2018. Before thath they were some bitcoin debit company that went out of existence then they relaunched the new app service in march.

What i am turned off about is that they are protecting their whois information (domain register's information) using domain proxy. That is a red flag. If they are legit business, they would have the business information in the who is page of the domain.

I am not sure if you work for shakepay or affiliated with them or an actual client who loves them. For now, I am going to hold out on transferring anything into them. Quadrigacx promised that they will be back to their old schedule after this week, so I am going to wait and see until January 15th and if they are still giving excuses, then i will have to look for a new venue, not sure if shakepay will the the one.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

I lost more money on bitcoin last night and I have lost gambling all year

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I lost more money on bitcoin last night and I have lost gambling all year
    It's definitely a ride if you hold it.

TopNotch
    TopNotch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

I tried shake pay for first time last week. I've sent 6k cad total. All etransfers were received almost instantly. Converted into Btc and then sent to my wallet. Transfer to wallet also quick. So far so good

icon

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotch View Post
    I tried shake pay for first time last week. I've sent 6k cad total. All etransfers were received almost instantly. Converted into Btc and then sent to my wallet. Transfer to wallet also quick. So far so good
    Shakepay is good. Glad to see another satisfied customer.

Meanwhile, Quadriga still having problems.

"QuadrigaCX Crypto Exchange Users Still Can’t Get Their Money Out"

Last edited by Optional; 01-19-19 at 09:01 PM. Reason: removed disguised link

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

First time user to get BTP Contest Payment ... I'm in Canada for awhile, my US buddy told me to open jaxx.io account.... I opened an account(Wallet) a few days ago, on the account page I went to bitcoin, then to receive bitcoin that gave me a bitcoin address. I then copy and pasted the bitcoin address my Wallet gave me to recive bitcoin and replied to the SBR inbox message which was asking for my bitcoin address in order to send the payment. Does that sound right? Just wait a few days i guess? Did I miss any steps to receive the payment? thanks for advance for your input gang.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    First time user to get BTP Contest Payment ... I'm in Canada for awhile, my US buddy told me to open jaxx.io account.... I opened an account(Wallet) a few days ago, on the account page I went to bitcoin, then to receive bitcoin that gave me a bitcoin address. I then copy and pasted the bitcoin address my Wallet gave me to recive bitcoin and replied to the SBR inbox message which was asking for my bitcoin address in order to send the payment. Does that sound right? Just wait a few days i guess? Did I miss any steps to receive the payment? thanks for advance for your input gang.
    Yes, that is the correct procedure to get your bitcoin from SBR.

Jaxx Liberty looks interesting for Canadians.

Not sure how it can integrate into the fiat banking system for cash outs if they take no registration details and don't KYC you though.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Bitcoin plummeted again overnight.

I'm dumping this piece of s***

In the past 3 weeks I have lost more money sleeping than I have on the Lakers. Bitcoin sucks

icon

Shakepay now offering "Instant CAD cash outs"

https://****************/shakepay/in...4-5fad4f5ab693

"Every time you cash out your Canadian dollar funds, we’re now automatically and instantly sending out the Interac e-Transfer.

This means at any time of the day, 24/7, your Shakepay funds will be sent to your email right away.

Just a heads up, while we are sending the transfer right away Interac sometimes delays sending you the email notification.

This means it can take up to one hour before the funds are in your bank account."

Last edited by Optional; 01-22-19 at 09:32 PM. Reason: de-link

icon

"QuadrigaCX: A Potential Risk For Investors"

https://www.blockhaven.ca/releases/q...-for-investors

danwinkler

Tried shake pay for 3k to test it out and the fees are ridiculous. They are not really an exchange where you would trade with other traders. The company just offers you an exchange rate with a big spread and they exchange it for you....you are not trading with other investors in real rate. It cost me about $450 to exchange $3000 worth of coin. In quadriga the fees would have been less than $10 when you trade with other traders.

No way i would be using shakepay or bitpay with those exchange rate to withdraw my usual 10k withdrawals each month.

With Quadrigacx having issues and potential risk, i will have to hold bitcoin transfers until i find something new like quadrigacx like rates.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

What about coinsquare?

TopNotch
    TopNotch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    Tried shake pay for 3k to test it out and the fees are ridiculous. They are not really an exchange where you would trade with other traders. The company just offers you an exchange rate with a big spread and they exchange it for you....you are not trading with other investors in real rate. It cost me about $450 to exchange $3000 worth of coin. In quadriga the fees would have been less than $10 when you trade with other traders.

No way i would be using shakepay or bitpay with those exchange rate to withdraw my usual 10k withdrawals each month.

With Quadrigacx having issues and potential risk, i will have to hold bitcoin transfers until i find something new like quadrigacx like rates.
    Their fees have never been close to that large for me. Costs me $50ish to convert 3k into Btc. Not sure what happened in your case but that's not the norm

danwinkler

Their fees have never been close to that large for me. Costs me $50ish to convert 3k into Btc. Not sure what happened in your case but that's not the norm
    Maybe you are used to similar exchanges. Most may not notice the fees since they don't label as fees. But the exchange rate they provide you to convert your coin to cash or cash to coin has a huge spread where you lose a lot of money. I guess they are taking advantage to maximize profit while people are flocking away from quadrigacx.

at the time i did 3k exchange, i checked quadrigacx live trading and i would have gotten about $450 more. that is a big difference in exchange rate. in quadrigacx you are trading with live traders. In exchange like shakepay/bitpay the company sets an exchange rate and you convert the money using that exchange rate. the exchange rate that they set has a big spread to their advantage and that is where they make all the money from. but all ppl talk about is that they provide free interact transfers and withdrawals but its not really freee, they already fleeced you big time with that exchange rate.

danwinkler

I dont know about converting your money to bitcoin. my experience is only converting bitcoin to cad. i reqeust withdrawal from my betcris account and they send the bitcoin to my shakepay account. betcris uses a very fair exchange rate to convert the money from my account to bitcoin without any spread and they send the coin to shakepay account. now when i convert this coins to cad before requesitn withdrawal, shakepay gives a very bad rate where you lose a lot of money.

danwinkler

But i will give credit to shakepay for their speed. Everything was super quick and they are probably ideal for people who need to make super quick transactions for amounts under $1k and dont mind the fees. But i need something with good rates to make large transactions.

danwinkler

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    What about coinsquare?
    i heard its not good if you are gambling but i dont know for sure. i have never used them.

I am simply going to avoid bitcoin and stick to traditional withdrawal methods and see what happens with quadrigacx.

if you have money stuck in quadriga withdrawal queue, this is a great read http://bettingresource.com/how-to-ge...uadrigacx.html
    Last edited by danwinkler; 01-22-19 at 02:45 PM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Shakepay now offering "Instant CAD cash outs"

https://*****************/shakepay/i...4-5fad4f5ab693

"Every time you cash out your Canadian dollar funds, we’re now automatically and instantly sending out the Interac e-Transfer.

This means at any time of the day, 24/7, your Shakepay funds will be sent to your email right away.

Just a heads up, while we are sending the transfer right away Interac sometimes delays sending you the email notification.

This means it can take up to one hour before the funds are in your bank account."

Promoting sites is not allowed on the forum.

Especially when the site is a shady looking service being marketed by reddit mods and has rip-off pricing.

If you continue to shill like this then you leave no choice but to boot you.

icon

The thread is about bitcoin in Canada and I'm providing information. People need to know that Quadriga is a shi.tshow right now and you are not helping by directing people to them.

Shakepay is a useful out.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post

The thread is about bitcoin in Canada and I'm providing information. People need to know that Quadriga is a shi.tshow right now and you are not helping by directing people to them.

Shakepay is a useful out.

That's fine. It might be great and it's good for Canadians to get more good options. But seriously, it's getting too much like advertising. You're coming across like part of the Reddit group trying to ramp this up. You don't need to be so forceful anyway, I bet every regular bitcoin using poster from CA who reads this has a look at it.

And not sure why you seem so keen to bash Quadriga. After reading the saga they appear to be an honest company who was attacked by traditional banking and is now coming out the other side. And Canadian users can sure use the competition in the market.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-23-19 at 12:42 AM.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Anyone else waiting a long time for a BTC withdrawal?

Just a regular BTC to BTC transfer. Not a bank transfer.

BAUS

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I just processed my first withdrawal. Intertops said that they have sent funds to my Bitcoin wallet. I entered my receive address into the blockchain search, but I don't understand how to read it.
    The cash hasn't reached my wallet yet but it's says transaction received

Underneath there is a request payment button & a donation button with a barcode beneath it.

Do I have to click on receive payment button?
    Or should I just wait longer?

The confirmations keep increasing ....at 5 now, so I think I'll just wait.
    Last edited by Jayvegas420; 01-25-19 at 12:28 PM.

Optional

I just processed my first withdrawal. Intertops said that they have sent funds to my Bitcoin wallet. I entered my receive address into the blockchain search, but I don't understand how to read it.
    The cash hasn't reached my wallet yet but it's says transaction received

Underneath there is a request payment button & a donation button with a barcode beneath it.

Do I have to click on receive payment button?
    Or should I just wait longer?

The confirmations keep increasing ....at 5 now, so I think I'll just wait.
    What wallet are you receiving them in Jay?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Bitcoin wallet (coinbase)

Optional

Bitcoin wallet (coinbase)
    Oh dude.

You're not supposed to go direct from a book to Coinbase.

But that may not be the problem.

Coinbase wallet is not "your" wallet. That's why you can see it on the blockchain but not in your Coinbase account. As they have to "approve" it in for you.

Anyway, it will probably just be a matter of waiting for them. But if it goes on too long they may have pinged the sender address as a book :\

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

20 confirmations now.
    Over 5 hours.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

If I can't go right from book to coinbase, where do I go?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

31 confirmations now. It's clear this isn't going to happen.
    I think I need to open a blockchain account.
    What happens to the bitcoin, does it just stay in limbo?
    Will it be returned to the book?

Optional

It sounds like they have frozen it Jay.

Just ring them and ask. If they say its been stopped as gambling just explain your are Canadian so don't understand American terms ;-) (or plead ignorance in general)

They will either tell you not to do it again and move on. Tell you to move it and then close your account. Or send it back to Intertops.

You won't lose it.

For future... you need to own a wallet of your own that you control the private key for. And that wallet should be at one end of every single transaction you do if you want to be studious about doing it right. So when a situation like this arises, you are not at the mercy of two other entities to get it fixed.

Your Coinbase wallet, Bitpay wallet, Quadriga wallet, Kraken exchnage wallet, Localbitcoins wallets are all not your wallet. A company controls them. And as you can see, can limit the info you see or even if the wallet is credited.

If you own the wallet at one end of every transaction, then you have control, information, and pretty much cant be stolen from or told what to do.

But even if you don't do it for that reason. Most licensed exchanges say using them for transferring gambling money is against their terms. As you can see from this, sometimes they might catch you (if that is what has happened) and it's nothing but a pain in the ass to save 50 cents, 30 seconds extra typing and 10 mins in transfer times.

The bitcoin.com/wallet is as good anything else for bettor use. And works on the web or phone. So I'd just go with that if I was you.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27582

I use BRD wallet it's pretty good.

Used QuadrigaCX in the past to buy bitcoin but gonna avoid now unless they get things straightened out.

Going to try Shakepay next time.

danwinkler

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    I use BRD wallet it's pretty good.

Used QuadrigaCX in the past to buy bitcoin but gonna avoid now unless they get things straightened out.

Going to try Shakepay next time.
    Quadrigacx is avoid list for sure. I transacted multiple transactions totalling close to 100k during spring/early summer of 2018 and i was very happy with quadrigacx. recently 3 of my transactions totalling close to 30k was pending for 2 months straight and i was few of the lucky ones who was able to cancel it and request the coin back to my book. But now even to transfer coins they are delaying and holding up the funds.

They continue to offer 10 to 15% better exchange rate than market rate to get people to deposit money but i would hold tight and watch. Don't send anything their way.

I am not going to list everything but Quadrigacx has numerous red flags going on.....you can see most of it in the article that i posted few days ago.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

When I contacted coinbase they told me that there was nothing that they could do. They said nothing has been sent to them yet. Even though when I type the Bitcoin address into the blockchain search... It does not show any more confirmations it just says the $300 USD was received. It is still not in my coinbase account. Why can't coinbase tell me anything about this transaction? The book tells me to contact coinbase and coinbase tells me to contact the sender. I think my experience with Bitcoin is slowly drawing to a close.

Optional

When I contacted coinbase they told me that there was nothing that they could do. They said nothing has been sent to them yet. Even though when I type the Bitcoin address into the blockchain search... It does not show any more confirmations it just says the $300 USD was received. It is still not in my coinbase account. Why can't coinbase tell me anything about this transaction? The book tells me to contact coinbase and coinbase tells me to contact the sender. I think my experience with Bitcoin is slowly drawing to a close.
    If you chose to send direct from a book to Coinbase you bloody deserve it Jay. Would have taken 2 mins reading on here to know that was silly. So don't be blaming bitcoin!

Please PM me the bitcoin address that you gave to Intertops and I'll have a look and see if i can see whats going on.

But it just sounds like you spoke to a lazy CS person at Coinbase. Did you ask them to look at the blockchain info you are seeing?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

The coinbase CR representative said that the Bitcoin address would be useless to them, because their records did not indicate that anything had been sent to my Bitcoin wallet.. I PMD you be Bitcoin address I provided to intertops. I am not able to understand the information generated when I search the Bitcoin address. Thanks for any help you can offer.

First 12345 Last