Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by craftbrewer View Post
    Actually the situation with 1xbet is pretty strange in Russia. According to Russian laws only books with license are allowed to operate in Russia. 1xstavka has a license so 1xstavka is a "legal" book. 1xbet has no license. So basically 1xbet is illegal in Russia. But Russian citizens can choose where they want to play. They can sign up both with "legal" 1xstavka and "illegal" 1xbet. Though it doesn't matter as eventually you will be scammed both by 1stavka and by 1xbet
    1xbet is not a Russland registered company AFAIK.

And all their marketing is "contracted" to a company from Cyprus.

So there is probably no Russian person or entity doing anything to break those local laws.

Same as any other foreign book servicing Russians.
    Last edited by Optional; 12-28-18 at 07:03 AM.

craftbrewer
    craftbrewer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7446

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    1xbet is not a Russland registered company AFAIK.

And all their marketing is "contracted" to a company from Cyprus.

So there is probably no Russian person or entity doing anything to break those local laws.

Same as any other foreign book servicing Russians.
    Yes, from legal point of view 1xbet has nothing to do with Russia as 1xbet is offshore book but everyone in Russia knows that it is a Russian book because a few years ago they started their business in Russia as 1xbet. Then gambling laws changed in Russia and they had to create another "legal" book called 1xstavka for the Russian market. And 1xbet is now focused more on the international market.
    Last edited by Optional; 12-28-18 at 07:04 AM.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

@craftbrewer: Can you translate this and summarize the content in a few words? Thanks

It's a license document uploaded on an earlier version of 1xbet.com. Is it legit?

craftbrewer

lonnie55, it is a gambling license but issued not by Russian government but Belarus government. I can hardly judge if it is legit or not as I am not a lawyer.

lonnie55

They obv. pretended to hold a license in Gibralter a few years ago: https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/consumer-advice

In the meantime they changed the company from Techinfusion Ltd/Gibraltar to Bonnal Ltd/Cyprus.

lonnie55

lonnie55, it is a gambling license but issued not by Russian government but Belarus government. I can hardly judge if it is legit or not as I am not a lawyer.
    Assuming it's legit, does it say anything about online operations?

craftbrewer

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Assuming it's legit, does it say anything about online operations?
    No, it does not clarify if it is for online or offline operation.

craftbrewer

lonnie55, I doubt you will be able to find any problems with 1xbet documents. I think they have all kinds of licences. The problem is not in their documents but in the fact that they keep scamming people even though they are regulated by all possible gambling commissions.

lonnie55

lonnie55, I doubt you will be able to find any problems with 1xbet documents. I think they have all kinds of licences. The problem is not in their documents but in the fact that they keep scamming people even though they are regulated by all possible gambling commissions.
    Unfortunately, yes. A Curacao license is worth less than a piece of toilet paper.

rodolfotg
    rodolfotg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Hi, I am sorry to bother you all. Almost a year ago 1xbet blocked my payout, 4125 USD if I remember correctly. They ask for physical mail, always stupid answers, no progress, I am desperate. I really need the money and I have seen people that got theirs after a while. I have complaint with SBR as well and seen nothing.
    Can you help me? Do yo know someone who can? I dont mind paying somebody a %.

Thank you.

thunderstorm
    thunderstorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Hello Roy, I am also one of many stuck with 1xBet's verification process. Please could you tell me what were the steps you had to do before they finally allowed you to withdraw your money? Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyW View Post
    I'm a dutch citizen. And also dutch players arent allowed anymore, but this had nothing to do with the situation.

Anyways, theres an update. Today i received my money back.

The first time i got a normal response by email and more than one line of text. Pleasantly surprised.
    I put my case on multiple websites, send all to the Curaçao egaming association (where they have their license from) and to their admin of security.

As i am very much relieved that my case is solved, i do want to warn other players before using this bookie. This email today came as a real surprise. I dont know what or who made them decide to let me withdraw and send a nice email back with apologies included, but it definitely isnt the way it should be.

They are very rude and disrespectful when dealing with situations like this. They dont answer your questions, but just send you a one line email for example; "security is waiting for screenshots of bank account with your name"

When you reply with screenshots of your bank account with name through your mobile app you get the exact same email back; "security is waiting for screenshot with bank account and your name"
    They don't explain what they mean exactly and that they need a screenshot from your pc.
    You just have to find out yourself and try to keep your frustration the meanwhile.

It's a shame they act like this, as their website and apps are one of the best for betting in the market and they could be one of the biggest in the future if only they treat their customers how they should.

In conclusion, I'm glad this situation is over and i surely won't ever use this bookie again.

TL;DR Stay away from this one.

First 12