bigdodge
    bigdodge's Avatar Become A Pro!

[Resolved] Bovada NIGHTMARE, quick ban and has not paid out a November 10th withdr

I just filed an official report with SBR and created this account to warn others about my situation with Bovada. I signed up on November 10th to try out their live betting as I had heard good things about them and they are highly rated here on SBR. I lost a lot initially, re-deposited a few times and ended up winning just under 3k total. I was betting college football all day Saturday and about halfway through the day it claimed my new maximum risk per bet was $12... I was very confused as I was not even winning and was just trying to get used to their software which is very glitchy and confusing. I made about 11.8k total worth of deposits and got my balance up to about 14.5k around the time I was limited to $12. I then immediately requested a payout for their max ($9,500) and they told me I had to send a photo ID and a bill verifying my address. I sent my ID and bill within 24 hours and was told my information was verified and I was good to go. It is currently November 30th, 20 days after I have submitted this withdrawal request. I have tried calling them numerous times and the wait times are insane, I have been on hold for at least 90 minutes every single time I call just to get through to a person. I tried live chat and they told me they can't help me, that I have to call. I actually called and got through last night finally for the first time after waiting for 2 hours. They claimed my withdrawal is still "under review" and that they would reach out to me in 24-48 hours. I do not know what else to do to get my money except file an official complaint with SBR and post a thread here to warn you guys. STAY AWAY FROM BOVADA!!!!
    Last edited by Optional; 11-16-19 at 01:29 PM. Reason: add resolved tag after thread bump a year later

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Would you happen to know Dana from this thread?

She joined around the same time and has the same problem.

bigdodge

I do not know who that is but that is sad and unfortunate to see Bovada treating people like this...I think SBR should downgrade them it is absolutely criminal for them to be one of the top rated books with this behavior.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bigdodge View Post
    I do not know who that is but that is sad and unfortunate to see Bovada treating people like this...I think SBR should downgrade them it is absolutely criminal for them to be one of the top rated books with this behavior.
    Downgrade now?

Does that mean you don't expect to be paid?

Interesting.

This not a common issue there. They don't have a reputation of treating people badly. If you have done nothing wrong you should be paid. Especially now you have asked for SBR help.

bigdodge

What I am saying is if a book is rated A or A+ on SBR you would (rightfully so) expect to be treated better than this. I do not think this behavior warrants the high rating that they currently have.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

so you called them last night... and they told you to wait 24-48 hours... so like any other sane person instead of waiting you decide to blast them on the largest betting forum in the world?

bigdodge

3 weeks I have waited for a payout, 24-48 hours after 3 weeks is unacceptable, payout was requested November 10th, it is November 30th = blast

milwaukee mike

3 weeks I have waited for a payout, 24-48 hours after 3 weeks is unacceptable, payout was requested November 10th, it is November 30th = blast
    some things don't add up

- you say you signed up on november 10th, but also made withdrawal on november 10th?
    - my wait on hold with bovada has never been 90 minutes, i can't imagine that happening once let alone multiple times... can you imagine someone calling them to make a bet and being on hold for 90 minutes

bigdodge

Not sure if you read my initial post, I was limited the same day to $12 (I was live betting college football) at the time I was limited I was up just under 3k. The moment that happened I requested my withdrawal. It's all written there in my original post.

Yes I have called 4-5 times since and have been on hold over 90 minutes every single time.

milwaukee mike

Not sure if you read my initial post, I was limited the same day to $12 (I was live betting college football) at the time I was limited I was up just under 3k. The moment that happened I requested my withdrawal. It's all written there in my original post.

Yes I have called 4-5 times since and have been on hold over 90 minutes every single time.
    well if you signed up and made 4 deposits on the same day, then tried for a withdrawal on the same day, there is gonna be a delay in processing it.

what was your deposit method? did you take any bonuses?

bigdodge

Why would multiple deposits on the same day result in a delay at all let alone a 3 week delay? All my deposits were btc, I took the initial sports welcome bonus on my first 1k deposit and no bonuses after that.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see any problem with this guy's story.

He was depositing and betting, obviously losing Saturday, mostly betting college football. The book limited him to $12 dollars a bet so he requested a payout the same day he had deposited. Bovada verified his documents but isn't paying or getting back to him - sounds very similar to Dana's story.

My read of this person's post is that their documents were verified within 24 hours - but that verification was done weeks ago and their hasn't been any follow up.

He waited nearly 3 weeks and is now coming to SBR. Sounds legit to me.

bigdodge

This is 100% correct yes, thank you.

Optional

What I am saying is if a book is rated A or A+ on SBR you would (rightfully so) expect to be treated better than this. I do not think this behavior warrants the high rating that they currently have.
    I understand.

They will think they have some good reason for the checks though. They really don't just dick people around to save money or games like that.

Two of you with the same sort of delay at the same time seems a little too co-incidental to me. (not saying you have done wrong but may be connected in the mess somehow)

Sit tight. If you can't sort it out your dispute rep will be able to find out whats going on.

bigdodge

Yea I hear you, fwiw the Dana person had their issue just a few days ago, mine was 3 weeks ago. Definitely just hoping SBR can help me out and waiting this out. I only started this thread to warn others because this situation is very disconcerting to me and I expected more from an A+ book.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

My educated guess is that bovada is slow to process bitcoin payouts to new accounts, I've never had any issue with Bovada, and they process payouts on weekends which not all books will do.

Bryan T
    Bryan T's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1788

There's mo excuse ever for a payout taking this long. With stunts like this they do not deserve to be an A+ book. it shouldnt take longer then 3 days to process a payout

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
    There's mo excuse ever for a payout taking this long. With stunts like this they do not deserve to be an A+ book. it shouldnt take longer then 3 days to process a payout
    well it's certainly not normal betting activity, whatever he was betting raised enough suspicions to be flagged/limited on the 1st day. and rather than question the limiting, the first inclination was to cash out quickly.

not too many recreational bettors know about sbr, and have 12k sitting around in bitcoins that they are willing to repeatedly deposit into a site in 1 day... hopefully the OP did nothing wrong but over the years 99% of these stories on sbr have involved someone trying to scam a book or angle shoot

Daddy89
    Im betting now! :)
    Daddy89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

I've using Bovada and they're a slow payout Book. 20 Days is an “acceptable” time... gives them 48 hours. I also have to say that most of my bets are moved to Intertops... Much better.

bigdodge

annnd they just paid me FINALLY!! thank you sbr!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

Optional

annnd they just paid me FINALLY!! thank you sbr!
    That was quick!

Good to hear

kittredgedd
    kittredgedd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I understand.

They will think they have some good reason for the checks though. They really don't just dick people around to save money or games like that.

Two of you with the same sort of delay at the same time seems a little too co-incidental to me. (not saying you have done wrong but may be connected in the mess somehow)

Sit tight. If you can't sort it out your dispute rep will be able to find out whats going on.
    I have no clue who this individual is, I've requested my check withdrawal already. His issue sounds completely different than mine. I'm still able to withdraw just not able to withdraw using BTC. At this point all I can do is wait for my check to arrive. I just wanted to get my money out of bovada and stick to a book that I'm familiar with from now on. The live betting feature that allows parlay's is very tempting at bovada but being able to withdraw my funds using BTC and not worry about any issues is way more satisfying. Waiting 15 business days for a check when you've used BTC to deposit just seems ridiculous to me.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by kittredgedd View Post
    I have no clue who this individual is, I've requested my check withdrawal already. His issue sounds completely different than mine. I'm still able to withdraw just not able to withdraw using BTC. At this point all I can do is wait for my check to arrive. I just wanted to get my money out of bovada and stick to a book that I'm familiar with from now on. The live betting feature that allows parlay's is very tempting at bovada but being able to withdraw my funds using BTC and not worry about any issues is way more satisfying. Waiting 15 business days for a check when you've used BTC to deposit just seems ridiculous to me.
    on some level you have to understand the book's perspective... they want long-term betting customers, they don't want smash-and-grabbers, they don't want to be used to launder money, etc

so there are reasons for their behavior, none of which involve trying to cheat you

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by kittredgedd View Post

I was wrong to conflate the two issues.

Given it's unusual to see unexplained delays from Bovada it piqued my suspicions of a connection seeing you both arrive around the same time complaining of it.

I hope you get your check fine and are allowed to switch to BTC later as you want.

Lord_Mar7
    Lord_Mar7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 309

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    My educated guess is that bovada is slow to process bitcoin payouts to new accounts, I've never had any issue with Bovada, and they process payouts on weekends which not all books will do.
    How long did it take for your 1st withdrawal? Day 16 here.