doylebrinson
    doylebrinson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3852

Skywage.eu

Early September, I deposited (bitcoin) with $1000 for 150% cash bonus (20x RO). I probably made over $15,000 in wagers and built the account to $10,000. I received this email on Tuesday:

"Hi Mr. XXXXXXXX"

We are emailing to notify you that our risk management department has temporarily suspended the account and it is currently being reviewed. We should have an update in 24 hours with more information and we will email you back with more details.

Regards,
    Skywage Support
    Skywage.eu

They followed up on Thursday with:

"Hi Mr. XXXXXXXXXX,

Your account was suspended and due to the nature of your betting, strictly prop betting. We find that this type of action is non-recreational and will be closing the account. We also noticed that you took a bonus and since props do not count towards rollover, there is a substantial amount remaining to complete. At this point, we will waive your remaining rollover and refund your initial deposit. Please provide us a paypal address to send the funds and we will complete the transfer.

Regards,
    Skywage Management
    Skywage.eu "

What do you think? Is this a fair resolution?
    Last edited by doylebrinson; 11-09-18 at 06:45 AM.

bodygrad
    bodygrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1309

welcome to the club of the robbed by skywage.eu

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by doylebrinson View Post
    What do you think? Is this a fair resolution?
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Does it say in their terms that prop bets dont count for rollover?

If so, and you have not completed any/much of the requirement, then it's a fair offer I think.

As far as dropping you for only betting props, I'd guess it's more than just that. Probably be for mostly beating the closer on them and they can see long term if thats all you bet, they have no chance.

If you have a serious edge on markets like that, try to throw in some big bets on -EV markets regularly too. Obviously will reduce your overall daily EV a little bit doing that, but it will keep your accounts open and limits up a lot longer.

doylebrinson

*Update, I sent them an email:

"Dear Skywage Support,
    I understand. You have the right to close my account. I should not be penalized for placing winning bets. I should be honored my account balance, after subtracting the bonus. I also think it would be fair to reactivate the account and play out the entire roll over."

they responded:

"Hello Mr. XXXXXXXX,

We have forwarded your proposal to upper management. They will come to a fair resolution and get back to you within 72 hours.

Thank you,

Skywage Client Services"

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Does it say in their terms that prop bets dont count for rollover?
    I am not sure.

Optional

I didn't realize you had such a large balance when i typed the above. Or that you might have any balance from cash bets.

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

I didn't realize you had such a large balance when i typed the above. Or that you might have any balance from cash bets.
    Are there any sister books that are connected to Skywage?

Fielder87
    Fielder87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Any book will shut you down if you are long term not profitable. It's the name of the game. Even the most reputable ones. BetUS shut me down within 2 weeks of betting saying I was non re-creational with prop betting. They re-instated my account but disabled props.

doylebrinson

Update:

Waited 3 days without a response and sent an email yesterday. Received an email last night:

"Hello sir,we apologize for the delay.
    We are still reviewing your account, we expect a resolution by tomorrow.

Thank you for your patients.

Alex
    Customer Care"

Fielder87

Keep us posted. Nice ass. ( On your pic.) lolol.

doylebrinson

Received an email last night:

"Hello sir,

Firstly we would like to apologize for the delay and we appreciate your patients on this matter.
    Risk management had looked over your action and we can confirm that no ill plays have been made in terms of bad lines. Your account is free for re-activation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

In regards of you prop betting, risk management has deemed them non re-creational but would like to congratulate you on their success. We will not be voiding the winnings amassed during your run as we think it would be unfair to do so since we allowed you to place these bets in the first place. However, moving forward we would like to let you know that any prop bets placed into the system will be voided as we do not want to take that type of action from you. You are more than welcome to play any other type of wagers. We would still like to offer you a reason to use us for any other sports booking needs, therefore, we have done the following to compensate and balance out our decision:

- Reduced Juice: Your juice will go from -110 to -105. ( Some lines may even be -104 and some -106 due to action being placed on either sides. On average, it will be -105. )

This will also help you meet the roll over a-lot faster as well. Hopefully we can compensate you more in the future as we appreciate you choosing to play with us. We send our VIPs regularly to football games or sporting events of their choices. As our relationship builds, we will be more than happy to do the same for you.

We hope this message has found you well and we look forward in hearing from you.

Alexander Dawson
    Risk Management & VIP Services
    SKYWAGE"

Optional

What do you think Doyle?

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

Interesting. I was curious about this book. Thank you for sharing your experience

Fielder87

Same as BetUS did.

doylebrinson

What do you think Doyle?
    I think its a very good start. They have yet to reduce the juice.

doylebrinson

What do you think Doyle?
    Skywage has been fair since turning the account back on. They lowered the juice, and kept the betting limits high.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave doylebrinson 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

They can make all the terms better for now, but what I would really want to see is if they pay you once your rollover clears. GL. Hope we see an update to this in the future.

doylebrinson

Update:

Since the last update, I have been placing bets successfully for 3 months. I had one issue with the reduced juice not being turned on. I contacted support, and it was fixed in a timely manner.

The web interface is nice and they offer almost all markets. Hopefully they continue their excellent service and payout when I clear the roll over!

doylebrinson

Update:

I have been impressed with the customer service. I enjoy the wide range of available games and very good odds. Ive been on a hot streak! More updates to follow!

CheAmarezza
    CheAmarezza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1457

it seems now accepting international players too....

doylebrinson

Update:

I have been crushing it, and winning almost every wager! Since the first post of this thread, I ran up my account more than double! However, Today, I was not able to login to my account. Tried my password 3 times, and then used the password recovery feature. I entered my email address, and it replied with, "We are sorry to inform you that your account has been closed. Please contact customer support for further details." I started a live chat, was automatically greeted by "Concierge", and I said, " hi, how are you, I need help with my account". I did not receive a reply. The chat was closed in less than 3 minutes, and I was prompted to leave my information (message). I checked my email, and have not received anything from them.

I will attempt to contact them later on. Maybe no one is available for live chat. Lastly, I sent an email to support@skywage.eu
    Last edited by doylebrinson; 03-23-19 at 02:15 PM.

doylebrinson

Visitor
    2:57 pm Hi

2:53 pm I need help with my account
    Concierge3:01 pm hello how may I help you
    Visitor
    3:01 pm Hi

I need help with my account
    I cant log in
    Concierge3:04 pm Hi sir, may i have your login info please.
    Visitor
    3:04 pm Sure

3:05 pm Its partypokerdreamin@yandex.com
    Concierge3:06 pm Hi sir, management will reach out to you by email within the hour.
    thank you

Visitor
    3:06 pm Ok

Thank you Read
    3:07 pm Take careDelivered

Type in your message here and press Enter to send

Contacted live chat again and spoke with "Concierge". Advised management will contact via email within the hour. More updates to follow...
    Last edited by doylebrinson; 03-23-19 at 02:13 PM.

doylebrinson

15 minutes after closing live chat, I received an email:

Hello sir,

Your account is under upper management review.

We will contact you within 48 hours.

Thank you,

Skywage Management

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

They placed my account under “management review” after requesting my second payout.

doylebrinson

Hey Steve,

How much did you initially deposit? How much do you run it up to? When did you request your first payout?

kruppe
    kruppe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

This happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I then contacted Mark and he told he it is something that happens when (I'm paraphrasing) wins a significant amount pretty quickly, especially with live betting as I had done. My account was re-opened after a few hours with no issues. However, I have yet to request a payout as I'm still in the rollover phase.

Ksherm
    Ksherm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4538

They'v always paid me. . And yes. USDICE is th'er sister site..

doylebrinson

Received an email from Skywage:

Hello sir,

Our risk management department has flagged your account for review. It has come to our attention that your account is being used for non-recreational gambling purposes. This is the second time your account has been brought to our attention. Normally, as per industry standard, we would refund your initial deposit and part ways. However, we want to come to fair and reasonable compromise, working with our account management team.

Your account situation is unique in that you have a high balance and a rollover that is more than double that. Management will be reviewing your account and will send you the settlement details early this coming week.

Thank you for your time and understanding,

Skywage Risk Management

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9825

"Normally, as per industry standard, we would refund your initial deposit and part ways."

I don't think anyone in their right minds should play with this book if that is their stance that they "normally" steal winnings and just give back deposit and claim that as industry standard.

WTF is that?

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Heard back from them today and they’re closing my account but paying me back my balance in increments over the next couple of weeks. Is what it is, as long as I get paid, no complaints.

doylebrinson

Quote Originally Posted by kruppe View Post
    This happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I then contacted Mark and he told he it is something that happens when (I'm paraphrasing) wins a significant amount pretty quickly, especially with live betting as I had done. My account was re-opened after a few hours with no issues. However, I have yet to request a payout as I'm still in the rollover phase.
    I won 8K in 2 weeks, they didn't say anything. Then I won another 6K in 7 days, and they placed my account under review after winning 2K, 1K, and 600 in three consecutive days. I bet NBA, NHL, and NCAAB money lines (no live betting). How much did you deposit? How long have you been playing with them?

doylebrinson

I sent an email to them:

Dear Skywage Upper Management,

How was my account flagged? What do you mean, "non-recreational gambling". I am not a professional.
    I did not violate any rules.
    I like to bet, and am playing with winnings.

I understand you have the right to deny serving a customer anytime. However, I should be paid in full. I look forward to a fair resolution.

Thanks,

doylebrinson

It appears they will be sending a settlement offer early next week. I enjoyed the website, good customer service, and the great odds offered. I understand they have the right to close my account. I wont have any complaints, if they honor the entire account balance, and payout in a timely manner.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave doylebrinson 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9825

A settlement offer?

Anything less than your whole balance is unacceptable.

They chose to not let you complete the rollover and close the account.

What happens here will go a long way in determining whether I try this book out or not.

Optional

"Your account was suspended and due to the nature of your betting, strictly prop betting. [...] At this point, we will waive your remaining rollover and refund your initial deposit."

"Our risk management department has flagged your account for review. [...]. This is the second time your account has been brought to our attention. Normally, as per industry standard, we would refund your initial deposit and part ways."

^^^ not sure what else you need to hear Frank.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

If you're not a professional then you will agree that long term, you should lose 2.38% of your volume at -105/-105. Since these bonuses are catered towards recreational players, I think a fair settlement would be as calculated:

Hypothetical balance of $15,000 with $30,000 rollover left to be completed.

$30,000 x 2.38% edge = 29286. 30000-29286 = 714

$15000 - $714 = $14286 should be paid out to you.

My argument is, these bonuses are for recreational bettors. If you truly argue you are a recreational player, then long term you will lose the house edge on the rollover volume. To say you deserve the full balance with a large rollover left is not fair. A fair resolution for both sides is to take out the house edge of the rollover left, based on -105 odds, and pay you out imo.

Let's be real though, you claim to not be professional yet only bet props previously. You definitely are professional.

123 Last