jugador
    jugador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bet365 returned my funds after 7 months with help of IBAS !

Hi

I would like to share with you a pleasant incident that recently happened. I was betting at my bet365 for 2 months. From 01/18 till 03/18 and I was depositing and withdrawing without problems. I have received by them many thousand of euros at withdrawals. In total I had deposited in 2 months use of my acc 15k and I had 12k on withdrawals. That means I was 3k minus.

On 17/03/2018 one of my betting choices was a match from Swedish Elitserien Volleyball division , Falkenberg - Sodertelge. I bet at this event and my betting choice was good , I won it. I continued to bet like I used to do all Saturdays for 2 months. I won some bets and I observed that although volleyball has already finished the bets was still unpaid but marked with green color that means I won them. I didn't give much attention at this and I continued to bet.

One hour later I had a message that I can't bet anymore and I must withdraw my funds. But withdrawal section was displaying a message that I am not allowed to do this.I logged out and tried to login believing that my laptop had a problem and that it was. My account was suspended by bet365.

I contacted with them several times by mail and live chat and I finalize exchanging mails with sub-director of European customer service that my account will remain suspended and my funds in it , till they will finish investigation related with this volleyball match

After this incident and patience I decided to submit an official complaint at IBAS, mentioning incident analytically
    This was a wise decision I took. After 3 weeks of patience IBAS achieved to unblock my rest funds no related with bets I have placed at this volleyball match. My account will stay suspended till investigation will finish. Below is their original email:

Dear Mr....,

I am emailing with regard to your IBAS submission received on the 26thSeptember 2018.

Bet365 have informed us that the funds unrelated to the event under investigation have now been returned to your registered payment method.

The funds acquired from the volleyball match will be frozen until the investigation has been concluded. IBAS have no authority in matters such as this and as such we are unable to demand the release of the funds or speed up the process.

Bet365 say they will inform you when the investigation is over. In light of this, we will have to consider this case closed.

Kind regards,

Bet365 also mailed me confirming that they paid the rest confiscated amount inside my suspended account. (sorry for spanish but I live at madrid, use translator)

Le escribo con el fin de confirmarle que su saldo de ...... € ha sido retirado a su cuenta de Neteller.En estos momento su cuenta de bet365 se encuentra bajo revisión y nos pondremos en contacto con usted tan pronto como la misma haya sido completada.

IBAS really helped me to unblock my money non related with this bloody match I bet accidentally

Thank you IBAS !

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

IBAS helped you from Spain?

I thought they would only address UK player complaints only.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    IBAS helped you from Spain?
    I thought they would only address UK player complaints only.
    From reading that email above I don't think they did. IBAS said they have no authority in those matters and can't even help to speed up the payment process. I'm thinking it's more of a case of 365 was carrying out their own investigations and made a decision on their own - IBAS excluded.

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

IBAS by nature are useless and good for nothing, it's a useless organization with inability to assist or do anything .... the only "good" thing they were beneficial here was maybe speeding up the management in Bet365 to stop freezing funds not related to this incident.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

jugador
    jugador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I am from spain but I start to believe that my english are better than other user's on of this forum.
    Message is clear. I copy-paste it once more:

''Bet365 have informed us that the funds unrelated to the event under investigation have now been returned to your registered payment method.

The funds acquired from the volleyball match will be frozen until the investigation has been concluded. IBAS have no authority in matters such as this and as such we are unable to demand the release of the funds or speed up the process.''

All I asked by IBAS to do , is to press bet365 to release my rest funds and this is exactly what they did. Amount I had bet at volleyball match was no more than 400 euros. Bet365 judged that is logical to suspend my account because of this accidentally placed bet and keep frozen my rest funds not related with this event. Rest funds was an amount bigger than 4.500 euros.

So IBAS really helped me to take my rest funds out of the suspended account.

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

Quote Originally Posted by jugador View Post
    I am from spain but I start to believe that my english are better than other user's on of this forum.

''Bet365 have informed us that the funds unrelated to the event under investigation have now been returned to your registered payment method.

The funds acquired from the volleyball match will be frozen until the investigation has been concluded. IBAS have no authority in matters such as this and as such we are unable to demand the release of the funds or speed up the process.''

All I asked by IBAS to do , is to press bet365 to release my rest funds and this is exactly what they did. Amount I had bet at volleyball match was no more than 400 euros. Bet365 judged that is logical to suspend my account because of this accidentally placed bet and keep frozen my rest funds not related with this event. Rest funds was an amount bigger than 4.500 euros.

Interesting, very interesting to see a case where IBAS was useful for a change.
    Thanks for sharing this story of yours.

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Maybe it was just a coincidence, when bet365 decided to give you back the money and the IBAS clerk called them on the phone by that time.
    IBAS is not that good, and friends tell me they are joke.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by jugador View Post

Thanks for the English lesson! But after re-reading it I think Shari was correct.

They have subtly told you that Bet365 has told them they are closing the account and cashing out the other balance. Not that they did anything.

Anyway, it's good you got what you wanted either way