dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

had enough of 5dimes

i don't want to make this seem like i'm bashing them. they are great with certain areas (pay obviously being a huge one) but i absolutely despise their "don't like it? tough sh^$" service. a lot of people might disagree with my mini rant/story here, but it's the way i feel.

recently i've been getting agitated with their end. they consistently grade wagers wrong or they are really slow. they pull matches before the start time. too many incorrect times. their live-in-play gives delayed or wrong updates, matches are blocked out, the system is down. tons of medium to small type things.

so, i had a simple winning bet that should have been graded quickly. an hour passes and still pending. i make a small rolling IF bet (now that option is gone.) after nearly 2 hours, they grade it as a loss. i go to live chat and it takes 10 minutes just for the person to say "yes, you lost." i laugh and say NO, I DIDN'T and provide a link to the score. it then takes another 20 minutes to correct it. by now, i just missed betting on the match i really wanted, which of course went on to be a winner. same nonsense that has happened so many times in the past.

over the next couple of weeks some more of those smaller things happen and i'm just like.. whatever, i'm done. i politely request my account to be closed. customer service asks why? i really didn't want to answer, but i checked my account and it was still open. so i tell them about the above mentioned stuff. they give a standard crap reply basically saying they work hard to grade wagers, etc. so i ask what about all the other problems? < this is why i didn't want to answer, because i knew i'd start to get pissed.

and i get into about a recent LIVE wager i made. it was an international friendly basketball match. the team i took was losing by 5 towards the end of the 3rd. i took them at like -2 for the match. so it's tied at the end of the 4th and i'm waiting for OT. turns out, there is none. the match updates 15 minutes later as a tie. NOWHERE did it mention there was no overtime. now, this isn't spring training baseball. it's a basketball game, and i'm pretty sure we all expect an overtime. but i get tagged for the loss because they didn't cover the -2. to me, i felt that wager should have been cancelled. they basically just say "NO" and offer nothing. no apology. no offer to give me half my wager back. no offer to fix these types of match descriptions. just nothing. (side note: the huge majority of these friendly matches that were tied DID go to overtime.)

now, i've strictly been giving them my business for about 8 years. i've alerted them to bad lines and time slots. i've never tried to jump on one. i've never had a chargeb^^^. no problems at all. they've won more money off me than i have them. i didn't question or ditch them through their whole hack thing, even though i had to cancel a couple of cards. so did it matter when i mention this and tell them if they don't bend, i'll take my business elsewhere? NOPE.

so i let a little time pass and cool down. i figure i'm going to be taking a break around the end of the year, so i'll just stick with them until then. i bet a basketball match and right away, the nonsense starts again. i'm 99% sure after a few hours the match was either cancelled or rescheduled. so i'm waiting, waiting, waiting. 20 hours pass. customer service tells me "we're still accepting wagers until 3:15pm." i'm like.. dude, the match started at 3:15am, how are you accepting wagers on it? he apologizes for reading the time incorrectly and tells me it will be graded when they have a result. i check back later and see it's graded as a LOSS. i shake my head and figure, i'll give them a few hours. i check back and they properly change it from a LOSS to CANCELLED. something that should have happened about 24 hours prior.

keep cycling through the same crap. keep missing bets. keep losing out. keep getting excuses. then i come to this gem..

i like a huge underdog in basketball, straight up. can't get the moneyline for it on the book side, so i get it in LIVE play early on. game is going back and forth. i'm checking it on live play scoreboard (not the crappy 5dimes one) and my team goes up a point late. i'm stressing it a bit, so i pop up to grab a drink. i wind up coming back 5 minutes later and the match is gone. i log in to my account and see it won. so i'm like hell yeah! then i laugh and seriously say to myself.. wouldn't shock me if these clowns graded it wrong.

so i put in some new wagers and start to get ready to go out. about an hour later, i notice my account balance is negative. turns out, THEY FU$@$ GRADED IT WRONG!!!!! i was ready to explode. it was like i don't have time to deal with this sh@# right now. they better cancel my wagers and handle this. i check the next morning.. NOPE, of course my account balance is still negative. so i hit up customer service.. and i already know the BS response i'm going to get.

IT FALLS ON ME. SHOCKER! once again, they can't grade a wager properly. they can't do this, they can't do that. apparently, it's my god damn job to babysit every problem on their end. i told them no, they're not getting this money. they need to show some fu$#%# responsibility for once. i was then told not to use foul language and i could talk to tony if i wanted. i have no reply to that and no interest in this nonsense any more.

like i said, a lot of people might disagree with me on this stuff.. but as a casual (yet high end) bettor, this lack of respect and unwillingness to budge is a freakin' joke to me. they don't need my money or business, more power to them.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

A lot of options out there.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave 5918mike 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5381

Sounds like to me that you are underfunded. If you have to get your bet graded to place another bet, you are over betting your bankroll.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Sounds like to me that you are underfunded. If you have to get your bet graded to place another bet, you are over betting your bankroll.
    Agreed. Why is that the most aggrieved are low or first time posters??

dxp

as i said, i'm a casual bettor. i've been doing it for about 25 years and around 20 of it has been online. i know there are plenty of options. but i'm a combination of picky and loyal, so i try to stick with one place at a time. i don't have a "bankroll" for an activity that has a random pattern. if i have $1000 that i want to bet with and i like a game, then i'm probably going to bet that $1000 on it. if not, maybe $700 on that and $300 on a different one. it's always been a mix of entertainment and money to me.

why should i have to bet, lets say half of what i have, because a book keeps grading wagers incorrectly or they can't do it within a reasonable timeframe? and then what happens when i bet that other half and both are pending or multi-pending?

i hate this excuse making BS. if a book is going to provide the game, then they should have a clue what the hell is going on. (for example) having to wait 30 minutes or even an hour for a LIVE WAGER to clear is absurd. and trying to pass it on with "oh, that's not us, we use a 3rd party for that" is disgusting. you take the money, don't you? don't blame this type of crap on a bettor.

this was my first post because i really have nothing to say. i've been reading these forums as a guest off and on for quite a long time. as i intially said, a lot of people might disagree with my opinion. i see no problem with that. but don't belittle what i have to say because i'm not a professional and i'm a "new poster."

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Didn’t read that huge rant by opie, but yeah after many years with 5 I’m out after this weekend.
    The 5 does not offer live plays during commercial breaks and if they do it may be on Dynamic lines or through live-in-play from main board, website and the cards are a disorganized mess, reduced is not reduced or in-order to get reduced juice you +- on spread which is not “Reduced”, the Mobil/iPad interface is from 1999, had a close friend use a debit card to deposit with 5dimes and used that card only for 5dimes, this person goes to use card to deposit and it says it’s at $0 when they should have had couple thousand, the debit card company takes 3 months to investigate and at end refund this pesrsons money and concluded it was someone inside 5dimes who accessed and stole the money and have barred this person from purchasing from the 5 and shortly afrer this the 5 now requires us to use a PIN number so that the employees can no longer see customer passwords, but when this person called 5dimes about the issue they told him basically not our problem.
    Im loyal sometimes to a fault, but I’m now looking forward to a new book. I had an account with Heritage and probably don’t remember the password so if they are still accepting USA players that’s where I’ll hang my hat.
    Also, I had to call the 5 yesterday and tell them they graded some wagers as winners when they lost, girl was like whatever. Nonetheless, people answering phones are generally and good English speakers, but are no more no less puppets in place of a book gone bad.

dxp

5D reset my balance to zero. kudos to them for doing the right thing. when you have issues grading wagers correctly, you can't expect your customers to perfectly monitor every result themselves.

even though i'm still annoyed with the situation and at certain flaws they do not seem to be addressing, i have no problem giving them credit for stepping up.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

just another scammer