KSO150
    KSO150's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes Grand Salami Las Night for MLB 8/28/18

5dimes graded my grand salami over as a loss yesterday even though the Mets/Cubs games did not finish. When I asked chat about it, they quoted this rule and said since the game went MORE than 8.5 innings (it went into extras), it was a loss:

"The Baseball Grand Salami has no action if any game is rained out or final in less than 8½ innings."

But wasn't the Cubs/Mets game rained out? Also another rule on their site is:

"The following propositions will be graded NO ACTION if a game does not go 8½-9 innings and is an official completed game on that day: team statistical match-ups, player match-ups (including total bases), team total runs, H-R-E wagers, or any wager involving an over/under format."

So based on THIS rule, the grand salami should qualify as an over/under format bet, and should be graded as NO ACTION since the game was not officially completed on that day. I think it's pretty unfair to grade any total a win or a loss on an uncompleted game. I now wonder if they paid out those that bet the under, or cancelled the bet. Is anyone else familiar with the rules for grand salami on a game postponed in extra innings?

theflyingbuffalo
    theflyingbuffalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2743

It sounds like the 1st rule you quote means rained out as in the game was postponed before it started. The 2nd rule is saying that if a game is called completed on that day before reaching 8.5-9 innings it will be graded NO ACTION. But this game wasn't completed so it doesn't qualify for that rule. I agree that what is fair would be to void all totals bets in this case, but based on how they word their rules I don't think they are violating them by grading the grand salami as a loss.

4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

The game was suspended in the 10th inning so based on their rules it was graded correctly.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by KSO150 View Post
    5dimes graded my grand salami over as a loss yesterday even though the Mets/Cubs games did not finish. When I asked chat about it, they quoted this rule and said since the game went MORE than 8.5 innings (it went into extras), it was a loss:

"The Baseball Grand Salami has no action if any game is rained out or final in less than 8½ innings."

But wasn't the Cubs/Mets game rained out? Also another rule on their site is:

"The following propositions will be graded NO ACTION if a game does not go 8½-9 innings and is an official completed game on that day: team statistical match-ups, player match-ups (including total bases), team total runs, H-R-E wagers, or any wager involving an over/under format."

So based on THIS rule, the grand salami should qualify as an over/under format bet, and should be graded as NO ACTION since the game was not officially completed on that day. I think it's pretty unfair to grade any total a win or a loss on an uncompleted game. I now wonder if they paid out those that bet the under, or cancelled the bet. Is anyone else familiar with the rules for grand salami on a game postponed in extra innings?
    As I think others have said, once 9 innings are complete, totals have action even if rained out. Standard rule at every place I have ever seen (to the best of my knowledge).

Yjacket22``
    Yjacket22``'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2295

Yep, once it goes into extra innings totals have action if the game gets suspended in extra innings. Standard at all books. For what its worth I had the over on that game and it was a loss at another book.

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

What would make you bet the grand salami in the first place? I mean how could you ever expect to get an edge on this? Share with me your thought process

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

I think all grand salami bets on that day were graded as a W or L. If anyone had a bet that was cancelled I'd like to hear about it.