Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Need Help: What Happens in This Case?

You place an over 2 goals in the soccer match and in the 85th minute the game is suspended because of fan riots. What happens to the bet?

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Money back and a free gas mask

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

click bait

thought this was legal question

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Bet cancelled

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Crazy way to end a game. How often does that happen?

I mean really, how often?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    You place an over 2 goals in the soccer match and in the 85th minute the game is suspended because of fan riots. What happens to the bet?
    Depends on the book.

Some call ACTION after 80 mins no matter what.

But most places its a void.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Crazy way to end a game. How often does that happen?

I mean really, how often?

Fairly regular.

Crazy fans in Europe will try to make a match be abandoned when they are going to lose.

Betting syndicates known to try and do it in years past.

BTW, really really nice to meet you are your lovely wife KVB. You were nothing like I expected but in hindsight you were an exact fit for your persona on here. My nerdy friend

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Depends on the book.

Fairly regular.

Crazy fans in Europe will try to make a match be abandoned when they are going to lose.

BTW, really really nice to meet you are your lovely wife KVB. You were nothing like I expected but in hindsight you were an exact fit for your persona on here. My nerdy friend
    I was just texting how fans might try to get out of a losing match by starting a brawl or riot...lol.

I guess they were already doing that.

Yes Opti, great to meet you and get a picture. My wife enjoyed that quick evening very much.

We shall meet again.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I believe he is talking about the Santos match in Brazil. I had over .5 live and it all of a sudden went offline in the 88th minute. I had to live chat bookmaker to find out what the hell was going on. Seaweed very lucky over 2 had no chance let alone me getting a lucky late goal in extra time.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

We just need your plays ahead of time...easy peasy...nothing more and nothing less
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave Booya711 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lol only to the weeder

unde0087
    Did we win?

Opti, check in. Justbet is pissing me off on this deal. I talked to a guy to find out what is going on like I said when the game all of a sudden went offline. He gives me rule 2 in live betting:

2. Games and events shortened for any reason such as weather, player withdrawal, crowd control, etc., will be graded as No Action irrespective of whether or not an official result is confirmed. For any sport not listed here, general pregame rules apply.

So he tell me the wager will be pushed and in my account soon. Well an hour goes by so I get back on to see what is going on. Now I have another person telling me something different. She is quoting rule 1 now so I have her put me on with the guy I was on with over an hour before. He tell me because it isn't just any crowd control situation they are basically over riding rule 2 and making rule 1 a priority because they want to make it fair for all bettors. Well I was probably looking at a loss as it was getting to the end but I see late goals, especially in extra time, quite frequently. Now since the match is more important they are going to finish the match under unusual circumstances, most likely without a crowd, and in no way resembles the ending of an actual match. Which is my point and I am not happy about this. Am I out of bounds here on this? I would have rather them finished the final few minutes and extra time because in my estimation that was the best way for me to see a goal. Not when they are showing up to play a 5 minute match with zero fans. Bullshit if you ask me.

The whole not just any crowd control really made me laugh. I don't see that written in the rule. Its a push unless we decide it is a special crowd control. Can't make this up. I have both live chats if you want them. I rarely have any situation that I give a book grief but this one is chapping my ass.

Seaweed
    Update your status

I was saved

unde0087
    Did we win?

I was saved
    did they refund your money? and where did you place the wager? Justbet is holding my funds.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

What does Justbet want to happen to get your money back or settle the bet?

unde0087
    Did we win?

What does Justbet want to happen to get your money back or settle the bet?
    They are saying that rule 1 now over rides rule 2 because it is a important game. So basically are holding my money until they get a "confirmed" result. Even though rule 2 says no action regardless of a confirmed result. So if these two teams actually show up and play the final few minutes and extra time they will use that.

1. Any game or event must be played to its conclusion within 7 days in order to have action on full game props. Wagers on games that are suspended on the day of the game but played to conclusion within 7 days of the start time have action and will be graded based on the completed game score

unde0087
    Did we win?

So basically you have Rule 1 and then the very next rule completely contradicts what the first one says. That is my whole point. The live chat people even agreed with my point but did nothing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Well what happened?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Well what happened?
    Santos fc vs. ca independiente, in their first match a player from Santos was ruled ineligible in a match that ended 0-0. So CA Indep was awarded a 3-0 win because of it. Well they played again tonight and in the final minutes Santos fans started firing fireworks and shit at the CA bench and then started climbing the fence and the police had to beat them back. The ref stopped the match and then it was later abandoned. So the game was not finished. According to an ESPN article CA Indep seems to have been awarded to move on but JB seems to think this match will be finished in the coming days.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Sounds like they will hold the bet for a week, but they should get a confirmed no action result well before that.

Let's see if it cancels as early as tomorrow, no chance they play 5 minutes of soccer, is there?

vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9908

There are two ways the match can end. If the ref blew the whistle and ended the game, it is a full final result, even if less than 90 minutes is played. In that case, your bet has action.

If the match is listed as abandoned, and the result is not a final result (e.g., the match is either rescheduled or continued), you have to follow the book's rules for abandoned/rescheduled, which is usually a voided wager.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    There are two ways the match can end. If the ref blew the whistle and ended the game, it is a full final result, even if less than 90 minutes is played. In that case, your bet has action.

If the match is listed as abandoned, and the result is not a final result (e.g., the match is either rescheduled or continued), you have to follow the book's rules for abandoned/rescheduled, which is usually a voided wager.
    Rule 2, which I have posted, is clear as day. There is no way around it unless they start making shit up.

Seaweed
    Update your status

My money was refunded

365 is what i used

Its in the rules

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i never understood why soccer doesn't have a shortened period for wagering like all the other sports baseball 5 innings basketball nba 43 mins football 55 mins, but soccer for most books is 90 mins of play happens in south america games more than u think riots or power outages 80 mins or 85 mins seems plenty fair where after that time wagers stand

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i never understood why soccer doesn't have a shortened period for wagering like all the other sports baseball 5 innings basketball nba 43 mins football 55 mins, but soccer for most books is 90 mins of play happens in south america games more than u think riots or power outages 80 mins or 85 mins seems plenty fair where after that time wagers stand
    Well if you bet the over so many times there are late goals

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Well if you bet the over so many times there are late goals
    late goals in regulation and stoppage time are part of the game, i just don't understand why the books haven't come up with a better way than 90 mins must be played

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    late goals in regulation and stoppage time are part of the game, i just don't understand why the books haven't come up with a better way than 90 mins must be played
    Ya, I can't even count how many times I have won on a goal or two goals in the final few minutes or in stoppage time. I just wish these idiots would have just waited until it went final to act like animals. At least then the game would have either been a win or loss and not had to deal with fighting a book to just get a fukin refund according to their own rules.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Case closed. They finally released the funds. What a shit show.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Well I live bet the total in the Mets cubs game and my money is still pending and they told me all bets are cancelled but I’d have to make sure with the wagering department what kinda shit is that if all bets are cancelled then give me my money back....bookmaker

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Depends on the book.

Fairly regular.

Normally the Eastern Bloc Countries,youll get this problem,you dont get this sort of thing going on in England much anymore.

pilebuck13

I was told my bet was cancelled find it hard to believe they can not refund a bet if the total is tied and the 10th inning hasn’t been played yet...my money still pending hard to find exact rules on this with bookmaker as they have totals after 9 as valid but if the game goes into extra innings the total is still running so I guess I’ll know tomorrow

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Depends on the book.

Fairly regular.

Do any books call action on a game for over unders though? Thought this was standard that must complete entire game for this to hit or overs at a huge disadvantage. Could be wrong because I don’t bet soccer often but, thought this rule didn’t apply to O/U

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    I was told my bet was cancelled find it hard to believe they can not refund a bet if the total is tied and the 10th inning hasn’t been played yet...my money still pending hard to find exact rules on this with bookmaker as they have totals after 9 as valid but if the game goes into extra innings the total is still running so I guess I’ll know tomorrow
    Did you get your money back here?

I have some books still holding but I've asked nothing.

pilebuck13

Did you get your money back here?

I have some books still holding but I've asked nothing.
    Nope rule 1 on live bet rules:

Any game or event must be played to its conclusion within 7 days in order to have action on full game props. Wagers on games that are suspended on the day of the game but played to conclusion within 7 days of the start time have action and will be graded based on the completed game score.
    Games and events shortened for any reason such as weather, player withdrawal, crowd control, etc., will be graded as No Action irrespective of whether or not an official result is confirmed. For any sport not listed here, general pregame rules apply.

Even though rule 2 seems kinda weird idk does not really seem right to carry a total but they did.

EMP19E
    EMP19E's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

Yep some books will say a baseball game is official after 7.5 no matter what last night NYM/CHC BOT got suspended and BOL refunded

12 Last