housecloud
    housecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rare bookmaker.eu complaint- a bad line

I bet $602.14 to win $506 on the white Sox -1.5 live bet in the middle of the 1st inning today.

I saw the odds were about -120 and just took it really quickly thinking the twins must have some rookie on the mound. Unfortunately I did force this action quickly without any research. However immediately upon placing my wager I checked the odds at 2 different sites and they were both offering +150 on the same bet and nothing had occurred yet in the game.

Isnt a 70 cent difference a bad line? I personally believe it is and this should be refunded. Even if the white Sox cover that tonight.

This bet should be paying me about $900 if I win. This is a $400 difference and I wouldnt have made this wager if the odds were +150 like they should have been.

panther11
    panther11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Line history shows they hung a -213 on the ML in the middle of the 1st inning. After no score in the bottom of the 1st, they corrected and were offering -114 on the ML. It would not go from -213 to -114 if the odds were correct in the middle of the 1st. Wonder what would have happened had you pounded the Twins +1.5 at around +100 during the middle of the 1st...

I would be confident in guessing that they did not intend to post that line. Whether that constitutes a 'bad line' is another thing. I would hate to have hit the Twins and have a bet canceled.

housecloud

Hoping they do the right thing here. This is a no brainer to me.

panther11
    panther11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Did you ask customer service about it? If so, was it immediately or shortly after you placed the wager? Or after they went down 2-1?

housecloud

Yeah I called and it was while the white Sox were up 1-0 actually.

I talked to George in the wagering department and he said hes going to check with live betting and he hung up the phone.

Not sure where to go from here. Live chat? Email? Sbr complaint? All 3 perhaps...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by housecloud View Post
    Yeah I called and it was while the white Sox were up 1-0 actually.

I talked to George in the wagering department and he said hes going to check with live betting and he hung up the phone.

Not sure where to go from here. Live chat? Email? Sbr complaint? All 3 perhaps...
    I think I'd ring back tomorrow and try to speak to George again as the first step.

He might contact you back in the morning anyway as well.

housecloud

I called back this morning. They are looking into this for me and will get back to me in a few hours.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Check your account House, should be cleared up. Trader has been reprimanded.

housecloud

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Check your account House, should be cleared up. Trader has been reprimanded.
    The funds are available in my account. Thank you

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by housecloud View Post
    The funds are available in my account. Thank you
    Just for your info there were 3 bets made on the other side of that as well that weren't cancelled either meaning the trader just wasn't paying attention.