Cemallo
    Cemallo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UK Online Betting

Hello,

Is it possible to register online bookmakers and bet in UK as tourist?

Online bookmakers require to provide "proof of address" which is not available for tourists I suppose.

Is there any online bookmaker that does allow tourist to bet online in UK? Or is it possible to solve "proof of address" issue for tourists?

Cheers

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Absolutely not im afraid.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

It is legal for 'some' but not all non-UK residents to bet online whilst in the UK. I strongly advise you to read the rules of any book you might join before you put your money in. I make no recommendations as to what you do or which book(s) you use. For information purposes only i'll link relevant rules and regulations from the UK's biggest book:

https://help.ladbrokes.com/s/article...ed-Territories

https://help.ladbrokes.com/s/article...tedterritories

You should definitely be aware of rules 5.1.4 and 5.1.5. Other books may have different rules. If in doubt contact the book beforehand. If you are legally able to bet with them they will tell you and advise you how to clear KYC problems. Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

Cemallo gave semibluff 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cemallo
    Cemallo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thank you all.

But I can bet in betting shops as tourist in UK. What is the actual reason they prevent tourists to place bets online while they do allow in shops?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by Cemallo View Post
    Thank you all.

But I can bet in betting shops as tourist in UK. What is the actual reason they prevent tourists to place bets online while they do allow in shops?
    Online betting has different rules and requires residency.

You can walk into a shop and bet in cash but dont let a shop manager talk you into signing up to bet online. We have seen a couple of problems with that happening to tourists there, who did not get paid.
    Points Awarded:

Cemallo gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cemallo

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

Quote Originally Posted by Cemallo View Post
    Thank you all.

Online betting is subject to International laws so if it is illegal for US citizens to bet online the UK books could/would be subject to US legal measures. Physically being in the UK means you are subject to UK laws rather than laws where you are a legal resident. If you are 18, (and have an ID to show you are 18), you can legally buy and consume alcohol or gamble in the UK.