firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Nothing wrong with DSI

You are a bunch of sheep
    Points Awarded:

Jnas gave firedawg 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I just received an email with text stating that I should click on a link to change my betDSI.com password. The link shows https://www.betdsi.eu/loginpage/ but if you hover your mouse pointer over the link without clicking you can see the destination web site is NOT betDSI.com. It takes you to app.bronto.com.

Remember, before clicking on links to change your password or to provide personal information, hover your mouse pointer over the link to see if it shows the same web site in the bottom part of the web page.
    app.bronto.com ..... thats their url for their email service. It all good. There is no phishing scam happening.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 07-27-18 at 03:23 PM.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. While this now appears to NOT be a phishing scam if I was still using betDSI.com I would go to the web site itself to change my password. I don't need one more company knowing my login information and then run the risk of having them get hacked.

Oracle is a pretty secure organization but I prefer not to take chances.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

5dimes did this few weeks ago, its not a scam

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    5 Dimes was legit because messages right on their website

Any email to change passwords never click
    I just thought it was odd for 5dimes and dsi to ask for pw change the same day. Are they connected in any way?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Saw on the news just this morning internet scammers have a program to grab your passwords now off your history.. Targeted through your favorites list.

It's getting sketchy now out there in cyber space as they can now find ways to break into your personal shiiiit. News recommends you use a password protection programs now..

Geeez!!!

jbayko
    jbayko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1259

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    I just thought it was odd for 5dimes and dsi to ask for pw change the same day. Are they connected in any way?
    They were not the same day - they were a couple days apart. And both sites have recently undergone software upgrades, and these security measures are connected to those respective upgrades. It's not odd. Just a coincidence.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Saw on the news just this morning internet scammers have a program to grab your passwords now off your history.. Targeted through your favorites list.

It's getting sketchy now out there in cyber space as they can now find ways to break into your personal shiiiit. News recommends you use a password protection programs now..

Geeez!!!
    Jibbby are you watching Fox News reruns from 2003???

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Jibbby are you watching Fox News reruns from 2003???
    Watching fake news... Nothing is what it seems, I'm feeling a little Jtoler in this post....

First 12