Maximus74
    Maximus74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Betcris cancelled my futures bet.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to tell everyone here my story.

I've been a Betcris customer for many years. In Jan 2018 I placed a $1500 wager on Spain to win the Davis cup at odds of 4.70. This was before the world group had commenced so there were 16 teams still able to win. Later on I placed a bet of $250 on France to win at 4.50. In april 2018 I was notified by Betcris that I was no longer allowed to wager with them because I'm Australian and I should withdraw my funds. I withdrew my remaining balance from my account and noted my two davis cup bets were still active. Betcris have set my account so I can still log in and access the cashier but I can no longer bet. I logged in a couple of times to check I could still access my active bets and all seemed ok. Then on 23 June 2018 I logged in and found my bets have been cancelled and the $1750 was sitting in my regular balance. The Davis cup is now at semi-final stage and Spain and France are the two favourites. Spain is at about 2.50 odds and France about 3.00. They have freerolled me for the first few ties.

I've complained to Betcris support and initially they said they would reinstate my bets but now they are saying they won't. They say they cannot have active bets with Australians. I said well that is fine just buy my bets out at current odds which would be about $3000 in total but they have refused.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

If you shoot in a complaint form SBR may be able to have a manager review the decision for you.

Your buy-out suggestion sounds fair.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Maximus74

Hi Optional,

I put in a complaint on 24th June. Haven't heard back yet.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
    Hi Optional,

I put in a complaint on 24th June. Haven't heard back yet.
    If you reply to the confirmation email you should have got after submitting it goes directly to the person who allocates the complaints. That's the best way to follow up.

Maximus74

Did that too on the 3rd July. Haven't heard back. Maybe they are just snowed under at the moment.