ajvan
    ajvan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Skrill question for Swedish bettors

Hi guys,

I live in Serbia, non-EU country, Skrill and Neteller cards are not available for us and soon Ecopayz card will be dead too.

I have option to transfer money to a Swedish guy with Skrill card, but will that create some tax issues for him? I mean, when you withdraw money on ATMs with your Skrill card, does Swedish government track those transactions? Or you can withdraw freely any amount you want?

Also, question for everyone, is there any other option for real card besides Skrill, Neteller and Ecopayz? Payoneer doesn't allow betting and I know for entropey who offer virtual card only. Anything else?

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by ajvan View Post
    I mean, when you withdraw money on ATMs with your Skrill card, does Swedish government track those transactions?
    Why don't you ask your Swedish friend?

Of course the authorities could ask some questions about financial transaction. It's just the question how big is the risk.

ajvan

He is not into the betting world, I hoped to find someone who already does this.

He actually doesn't have a Skrill card yet, but he wants to ask for it and then we could do this. Of course, if that will not create tax issues for him...

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

We must have several Swedish tax professionals here. I'm sure they'll weigh in soon.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Neteller/Skrill is not yet participating in CRS, so currently those transactions will not be reported. This could change.

Another option is the transferwise borderless account with a Master/**** Card. Transferwise is not participating in CRS yet either, so no reporting there...

Both options should be ok right now without issues, but you should always check professional advice and maybe not push your friend into doing something he is not 100% comfortable with.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Its not illegal to send someone money is it?

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Its not illegal to send someone money is it?
    Not illegal at all, but it could be taxed in certain countries if it's seen as income (say gambling income). It depends on the country of course.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

It doesn't matter the country or if gambling is taxable there, if you receive funds and do not declare it for tax there is some chance you will be asked to explain it.

ajvan

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Neteller/Skrill is not yet participating in CRS, so currently those transactions will not be reported. This could change.

Another option is the transferwise borderless account with a Master/**** Card. Transferwise is not participating in CRS yet either, so no reporting there...

Both options should be ok right now without issues, but you should always check professional advice and maybe not push your friend into doing something he is not 100% comfortable with.
    Thank you very much Alfa